UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Oh, crap.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That reply seems pointedly vague to me - DST didn't say "Yes, we'll still be making minimates". I think that with the announcement of no more resin, DST would be jumping all-over the promotion of whatever Marvel items they still could produce. Just my 2 cents.

So as far as things stand as of right now, DST isn't making resin/statues of Marvel anymore. Minimates are up in the air and other products they have are unknown. I still think that they would still make minimates. :blink: Does this have anything to do with Hasbro haveing the Marvel license. :blink:

I don't think Marvel Minimates are up in the air. They are a strong seller in the specialty market and I don't see them going away anytime soon.

I never understood the market for "resin" statues, personally. I guess there has always been a large enough market of people buying these things to collect dust on their shelves. I personally never pictured myself spending $80 on a statue but I spend thousands on Minimates which I pack in storage. Go figure.

Others can chime in but usually late-January heralds the pre-Toy Fair new Minimate announcements. Sort of building up Internet buzz and excitement prior to the show in February.

I predict a slew of new Marvel Minimates being announced. Heavy hitters like Wolverine and Spider-Man, and more versions of Hulk and Iron Man. Wolverine in particular is do for an update with the new tampo printing.

In fact, we could all theorize that the loss of Marvel resin could equal some positive changes for Marvel Minimates with the license re-negotiations. Bubble packaging and 2.5" large characters? Do we dare to dream?

Of course, we could also see the announcement of Star Wars Minimates. May the Force be with us!

I don't know about anyone else, but I find myself constantly searching for confirmation that marvel minimates are still going to be made.

I just need some sort of reassurance that this line will continue. Hint at future releases, solid word from DST something.

To me a tag line "no longer doing marvel resin" isn't the same thng as, don't worry minimates are going to continue as long as there are sales.

Does anyone else remember the mass exodus of product from Toy Biz on the Legends figures? They shoved as many out as they could in a small window...doesn't that sound familiar...lots of exclusives, 2 really kick ass waves for 19 and 20....kind of like a, "hey we got nothing left to lose, release a havok..."

I think about all the great potential figures out there (Deadpool, Gambit, Red Skull...etc) and I want to know at least the possibility still exists for them to be made.

I look at The SHS Figures from Hasbro, and see, that they are surpassing minimates on different characters made.

Now I know we will never see a Marvel Zombies wave in SHS, but Deadpool, and the "Cap" Version of the Punisher are being released this year.

Is anyone else feeling this anxious? worried? I mean I love all minimates, but Marvel is what drug me in...and without it I will be pretty damn sad.

Someone talk me down...

moc847

I don't know about anyone else, but I find myself constantly searching for confirmation that marvel minimates are still going to be made.

I just need some sort of reassurance that this line will continue. Hint at future releases, solid word from DST something.

To me a tag line "no longer doing marvel resin" isn't the same thng as, don't worry minimates are going to continue as long as there are sales.

Does anyone else remember the mass exodus of product from Toy Biz on the Legends figures? They shoved as many out as they could in a small window...doesn't that sound familiar...lots of exclusives, 2 really kick ass waves for 19 and 20....kind of like a, "hey we got nothing left to lose, release a havok..."

I think about all the great potential figures out there (Deadpool, Gambit, Red Skull...etc) and I want to know at least the possibility still exists for them to be made.

I look at The SHS Figures from Hasbro, and see, that they are surpassing minimates on different characters made.

Now I know we will never see a Marvel Zombies wave in SHS, but Deadpool, and the "Cap" Version of the Punisher are being released this year.

Is anyone else feeling this anxious? worried? I mean I love all minimates, but Marvel is what drug me in...and without it I will be pretty damn sad.

Someone talk me down...

moc847

I can see where you're coming from, and you do make some good and valid points. But honestly, I think the worry is over nothing. Yes, it would be better if DST flat out said, "we're still making Marvel Minimates." but we have to take what they give us. The last Q&A suggested that they still had plans for box sets and more this year and that all characters in the Marvel U (minus the Zombies) were still on the table. Things could have changed drastically since then, but who knows. I think the worrying is too early in the game though.

I can see where you're coming from, and you do make some good and valid points. But honestly, I think the worry is over nothing. Yes, it would be better if DST flat out said, "we're still making Marvel Minimates." but we have to take what they give us. The last Q&A suggested that they still had plans for box sets and more this year and that all characters in the Marvel U (minus the Zombies) were still on the table. Things could have changed drastically since then, but who knows. I think the worrying is too early in the game though.

i hope your right ... i really want deadpool, and winter solder minis before the marvel line is all said and done

btw can i be father crisis?

Hi all... I do not post here all that often, but I do read the threads, and have some potentially sad news to contribute to this topic. I asked a source I have inside DST what the deal was with Marvel Minimates. This person responded to my email on January 8th... I will post an excerpt, with typos and all:

"The marvel licesnce war Ours as a whole and we did let the licesnce expire, we have bigger better things in the works that I am not allowed to talk about but i promise you it will be awesome! We are actually working with Marvel to get a small licensce to just do minimates and marvel select but it doesnt look reallly good right now. So yes it is true, but it was no secret i think we announced it before, you now the drill though, you didn't hear anything from me!"

The Marvel line is my favorites Minimates line, and this does not sound very promising. I am trying to remain optimistic... I just wanted to share since nobody who posted here previously had gotten an answer from DST yet. This email excerpt is not "official company line", but it WAS revealed by a DST employee associated with Minimates.

Hi all... I do not post here all that often, but I do read the threads, and have some potentially sad news to contribute to this topic. I asked a source I have inside DST what the deal was with Marvel Minimates. This person responded to my email on January 8th... I will post an excerpt, with typos and all:

"The marvel licesnce war Ours as a whole and we did let the licesnce expire, we have bigger better things in the works that I am not allowed to talk about but i promise you it will be awesome! We are actually working with Marvel to get a small licensce to just do minimates and marvel select but it doesnt look reallly good right now. So yes it is true, but it was no secret i think we announced it before, you now the drill though, you didn't hear anything from me!"

The Marvel line is my favorites Minimates line, and this does not sound very promising. I am trying to remain optimistic... I just wanted to share since nobody who posted here previously had gotten an answer from DST yet. This email excerpt is not "official company line", but it WAS revealed by a DST employee associated with Minimates.

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If this is true, I will be devastated.

and to be honest i will pick up the rest of the dc then i will more than likely be done collecting minimates.

this sucks!

im not sure what secret project they are working on, but unless it is gi joe or star wars minimates mgm movie minimates are not going to cut it for me.... so much for my dream of a winter soldier, deadpool, gambit, black knight, and shatterstar minimates in short this SUCKS

Grain of salt! GRAIN OF SALT!

Thank you. Everyone check Minimates Headquarters, they just addressed this issue on Jan 3-DST will not be making any more Marvel resin statues and busts.

Grain of salt! GRAIN OF SALT!

Thank you. Everyone check Minimates Headquarters, they just addressed this issue on Jan 3-DST will not be making any more Marvel resin statues and busts.

That's kind of old news.. posted here also...

The writing style/errors of the 'DST employee' seems very faMiliAr To me, so perhaps it's true and DST did give us our wants because they knew they were loosing the license.

I know several DST folks read MMV so if Chuck or Matt would like to comment then it would ease a lot of people's minds if they'd confirm one way or the other. unless that is of course they have something planned for Toyfair in Feb and are hanging on to give us something positive before letting the marvel bombshell drop!

T.

I stubbornly refuse to believe this sort of news until DST specifically says so. Marvel is likely DST's biggest seller (at least in Minimates), so I don't see them just passing on the license. The only way I could see any of this happening is if a "rival company" really put down a huge counter-bid on the license.

And since I pulled this on WW4M, its only fair that I do it for myself as well:

1. Denial - check

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

And since I pulled this on WW4M, its only fair that I do it for myself as well:

1. Denial - check

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

You can put me down at stage 2....

I mean I knew it couldn't last forever, but.... shit now I bypassed 3 and went straight to 4. :(

This f'n blows... I HATE not knowing one way or the other, we need an official answer from DST. Nervous anticipation is not a fun way to spend my time. 80% of my collection is Marvel, and it's the only line I really look forward to adding new mates to. It will be a sad sad day if/when I learn that there will be no more :(

BS