UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Accessories question...

Kassle

Hey folks -

I'm doing a few minimate customs for a movie that I was involved in. I've searched the database and haven't been able to discern if the character-specific accessories I'd like to use exist in minimate form (or something like it).

I need to find:

*a butcher's knife

*a flashlight

Suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks Matt. Like I said above, the database was the first place I looked. ;) But, yeah - looooove the database!

I appreciate the suggestions, guys. From what I've been able to research, it seems like Peacock has a bloody axe, which won't work (but is VERY cool looking!). I will check into the flashlights!

Thanks again, everybody. And if anybody thinks of a good butcher's knife - please hit me up.

Happy new year!

Thanks Matt. Like I said above, the database was the first place I looked. ;) But, yeah - looooove the database!

.../quote]

oops, guess i glossed over that(damn public shcool education :blink: ) whenever someone has this type of question the first(best) place i can think of is the database with its great info. -M

Hey folks -

I'm doing a few minimate customs for a movie that I was involved in. I've searched the database and haven't been able to discern if the character-specific accessories I'd like to use exist in minimate form (or something like it).

I need to find:

*a butcher's knife

*a flashlight

Suggestions are appreciated!

What was the movie?

oops, guess i glossed over that(damn public shcool education :blink: ) whenever someone has this type of question the first(best) place i can think of is the database with its great info. -M

No worries! Like I said - the database rocks. And I've got one o' those public school edjumacations, too. :blink:

What was the movie?

Nothing anybody would have heard of. It had a limited West Coast run this summer/fall, and now they're going to start the festival circuit.

You've never heard of Night of the Butcher? It was a classic back in the '80s. Topped the box office for eight weeks. Single-handedly launched the career of Steve "The Butcher" Fleglemeyer.

Kids these days. <_<

Okay...what is sorta funny is that the director's last name has a "meyer" in it. You're freaking me out there, prophecy guy.

Back to my accessories questions.

I think the flashlight issue is solved. The Palz figures were a great suggestion. Scully & Mulder are both pretty hard to find, BUT Xander also came with one and he seems to be readily available. So thanks for the suggestion, buttheadsmate.

...still having trouble with the knife.

I guess maybe I wasn't totally clear (or maybe it's a regional thing - maybe butcher's knife refers to something different elsewhere or it could be MY public school education rearing its head)? I've gotten some awesome suggestions for cleavers & axes...but I'd like to match the knife the character is toting for about 1/3 of the movie. I'm referring to a large kitchen knife (like in the still below from the flick).

DVDcoverimage.jpg

So yeah, hopefully I am not driving everybody nuts with this thread, but I'm still on the lookout for a knife.

Thanks!