UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

When will there be no more Marvel Minimate Party Girls?

Teris Tone

Ever since DC minimates and BTTF minimates came out, I thought AA would finally fix the problem of female minimates with underwear. But once I opened SP3 Mary Jane, I now come to a conclusion that ALL MARVEL MINIMATE females are party girls. Quit making the same mistake AA and treat the females with dignity and respect.

Quit making the same mistake AA and treat the females with dignity and respect.

Who's the one not treating them with dignity DST for making em that way or you for up ending em and checking out their underwear? ;)

Seriously though it's not a big thing, the reason I assume DST do them that way is that molding another color just for the crotch piece is an expense that would mean fewer moulded parts elsewhere, So I guess the question is would you rather have MJ having pants on or those lovely sandman arms?

T.

Quit making the same mistake AA and treat the females with dignity and respect.

Seriously though it's not a big thing, the reason I assume DST do them that way is that molding another color just for the crotch piece is an expense that would mean fewer moulded parts elsewhere, So I guess the question is would you rather have MJ having pants on or those lovely sandman arms?

T.

I'm afraid T that my vote would be for more colour & moulding round the crotch piece :blush:

Wise crack :P

How are "underwear"-less minimates a problem?

Why are you taking their skirts off and complaining about no underwear? <_< :smiley6: What about tops too? :powergirl: When you take off Hawkgirl's chest piece she has no bra. Where's the AA world headed. Perhaps, we should have some censored mates where all females wear pants. Your also implying females who don't wear underwear lack dignity and respect. How would you know? Maybe they have more than those who do, so long as their skirts aren't removed. :ohmy:

I like all female minimates, party girls or not. :kiss:

I colored all of my panty-less crotch pieces with colored Sharpie after a little girl I babysit picked up Mary Marvel and asked why she had no panties on. She apparently later reported to her parents that staying with me was fun, and that I had "a lot of toys without all their clothes on." I have a few miniature Greek/Roman statues (8 inches) which were probably the cause-but still!

What about Marvel Party Boys? Hmm.... (Click that last one at your own risk. :D )

I always figured that part didn't grow proportionately-after all his pants always stay on. ;)

Can honestly say that I'd never upskirted my minimates before, so this never bothered me.... annnnd nope, still doesn't.

I'm more worried about the toning down of established party girls, like Lorraine's disappearing cleavage in the BTTF Enchantment Under The Sea pack... partly because her upper body looks weird as an almost detail-free pink block, and partly because the, um, prominence of her dress was an actual plot point in the movie :D

How are we to know if these girls wear underpants to begin with? In the Spider-Man movie, does someone flip up MJ's skirt? Or Gwen's in the old school Marvel U? Does Uhura ever lift up her uniform?

I think TBT hit the nail on the head when saying that a factor in why they go commando is due to cost. I'd much rather DST pass the cost on to me in either more accessories or cheaper figures than get denied the massive sandpile or the sculpted arms for Sandman, or worse, pay a couple bucks extra for each figure.

Attention to detail is one of the key selling points of an action figure. I understand making new molds are expensive, but block figures reuse parts over and over again. The crotch part of a minimate is the same exact one on every other minimate. Its fairly cheap to make different color crotch pieces. When AA has been making minimates for years, you expect them to take care of simple problems rather let it slide. What if Darkseid had a grey crotch piece rather than a blue piece would you be happy with that? Expect more from AA (especially with DST resources)rather settle for less.

i remember the ultimate green goblin was'nt wearing pants he just had a green belt with a big red thing and a cape, so its not just the minimate girls, ultimate gg is a bit of a party boy too

i pinched this pic from minimate central so i hope danny don't mind me using it ;)

post-976-1197974715_thumb.jpg

i remember the ultimate green goblin was'nt wearing pants he just had a green belt with a big red thing and a cape, so its not just the minimate girls, ultimate gg is a bit of a party boy too

i pinched this pic from minimate central so i hope danny don't mind me using it ;)

post-976-1197974715_thumb.jpg

I think the big red thing was a factory cock-up ,something that had previously been hanging around.

Attention to detail is one of the key selling points of an action figure. I understand making new molds are expensive, but block figures reuse parts over and over again. The crotch part of a minimate is the same exact one on every other minimate. Its fairly cheap to make different color crotch pieces. When AA has been making minimates for years, you expect them to take care of simple problems rather let it slide. What if Darkseid had a grey crotch piece rather than a blue piece would you be happy with that? Expect more from AA (especially with DST resources)rather settle for less.

I'll admit that I don't know much in the way of specifics when it comes to toy production. But, I wouldn't say that it is fairly cheap to run an additional run through a machine just for a single piece to be done in a different color. And for such a small detail as that, I think I'd rather them focus more attention on other, more important details.

"My MJ figure's leg snapped right off at the post."

"Yeah, but at least we put panties on it."

It wasn't feasible for them to put detail on the torso block of Kingpin, because he's not intended to run around without his layer of girth. Along the same line, they didn't worry too much about putting underpants on the figures with skirts, because they aren't intended to run around with their skirts off. Next you'll be saying that Barbies and other dolls should have the lower torso cast in a different color for the same reason. It's a small piece of plastic that happens to be flesh colored. Until they start putting detail lines to make it look like a vagina, get over it.

Not quiet sure why you have your panties so bunched over this... :) it's really not noticeable unless you are upending your minimates and staring up their dresses.(pervert)

To have a different color is not that simple, firstly molding another color that likely doesn't exist elsewhere on the figure isn't cost effective, I suppose they could make a seperate mold of nothing but crotch pieces so that they had 'spares' of a different color, a resource that 90%+ of us would rather see spent on cool accessories etc.

Of course if that was the case then you'd be complaining they all have the same little white panties. :)

Here's a thought... if it offends/upsets you that much why not swap that part out yourself with another minimate?

Personally I dont have nightmaes about knickerless minimates or the moral implications brought forth from them.

T.

p.s. these aren't action figures but 2" collectables if you read any packaging etc... :)

I'm more worried about the toning down of established party girls, like Lorraine's disappearing cleavage in the BTTF Enchantment Under The Sea pack... partly because her upper body looks weird as an almost detail-free pink block, and partly because the, um, prominence of her dress was an actual plot point in the movie :D

Amen!

And if you wana get right down to it, Golem was pantsless too. I mean he had a loin cloth, but then MJ and Gewny have skirts. I put it to you, who's better off?