UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ultimateverse

-Minimator-

Not 100% sure but I think that the guys from DST said that they had no intention of revisiting the Ultimateverse, but that was awhile ago and sometimes things change and who knows with the ultimates actually coming out on a regular basis it might happen. I think most people would rather have new characters though. Especially since that is why DC is doing so well at least judging by the reactions on this board.

I'd absolutely love more Ultimate MiniMates. The Ultimates is one of the better superhero comics out there, and I think some 'Mates would be well-received.

I don't know that Ultimatum is going to spell the end of the Ultimate U (not that it wouldn't be interesting to do so), but I think that there have been plans for a while to condense it down.

Either way, my Ultimate X-Men are feeling lonely!

I made a topic on this ages ago. Ah well.

I hope it doesnt end. I want it to go on for years, but with less time travel and parallel verses from the 616 universe.

I would love an Ultimates boxed set. If i only ever bought one more set of minimates, and that was it I'd be happy. Just think. Cap, Thor, Iron Man in his amazing suit, Wasp, Giant-man, Hawkeye, Black Widow and Nick Fury. I realise they'd have to be two inch but I'd be fine with that, so long as wasp had her wings (not canon with the comics, I know, but it would look good).

That would make a happy guy!

I'm not sure how interested the designers are in hitting the Ultimate Universe. We got the Ultimate X-Men and Ultimate Sabretooth, then eventually Ultimate Spider-Man for simplistic sake. Then TRU opted for a box set and picked Ultimate Green Goblin to flesh out the ranks.

I agree that the Ultimate Universe is filled with interesting designs for characters, from Ultimate Iron Man to Ultimate Hawkeye. However, I don't want to sacrifice regular universe slots just to have Ultimate counterparts. They'd make for good box sets, but save room in the line-up for other characters.

Ultimate U. Now.

My Ultimate Spidey has gotten so bored fighting Ultimate Gobby that he did a reality hop and killed regular Doc Ock. We need Ultie Fury, Ultie Electro, ultie Carnage, and Ult. Cap WWII. Ultimate Cap is the most badass hero of all time.

Yes, they are a different set of characters and yes they would be nice to have. I just don't want to sacrifice a Gambit or a Psylocke for Ultimate Captain America. Sure Ultimate Cap is different from regular Cap, but deep down, it's still Captain America, and he's taking up a slot that could be filled by someone who we haven't seen any incarnation of.

I hope they DONT revisit the ultimates. I am more of a classics guy.

I'm the same way. No offense to the Ultimates fans, but I hate it and think its one of the worst Marvel creations ever. I'll never be a fan.

More Ultimates minimates? I don't hope for them, but I'd buy them.

They should have never started by puting out Ultimate X-men then Ultimate Spidey. Just because we have them, I'd care to get an Ultimates boxset, and Ult. Spidey related minimates(Hobgoblin)

To me the Ultimate Universe was created because 1.) They wanted to go for a younger audience and 2.) They ran out of ideas!

A couple years back, when the Ultimate universe was still new with a relatively shallow pool of characters, I'd have been for a wave or two to fill out the ranks. But now, its getting just as expansive as the regular universe, meaning that exploring the depths of that universe will be the same process as the regular universe. In other words, people will be overlooked. If they wanted to explore a box set or two, maybe the Ultimate Six, Ultimates, or Ultimate Fantastic Four, I'd be all for it. It's just now you have two large universes that need to be explored, and given the choice between the two, I want the classic universe, which has more variety, color, and depth than the grittier Ultimate universe.

On a side note, I like the Ultimate universe. I only really got into comic books a few years ago, and a new universe is far easier to approach than 40 years worth of back story.

I hope they DONT revisit the ultimates. I am more of a classics guy.

I'm the same way. No offense to the Ultimates fans, but I hate it and think its one of the worst Marvel creations ever. I'll never be a fan.

More Ultimates minimates? I don't hope for them, but I'd buy them.

None taken.

But it's still awesome.

They should have never started by puting out Ultimate X-men then Ultimate Spidey. Just because we have them, I'd care to get an Ultimates boxset, and Ult. Spidey related minimates(Hobgoblin)

To me the Ultimate Universe was created because 1.) They wanted to go for a younger audience and 2.) They ran out of ideas!

Three: The normal continuity (especially X-Men) was getting too confusing. When Ultimates was created, they wanted to make something that new readers could know and love without getting bogged down with thoughts like "What the f**k is going on?"

For example: had someone started now reading stuff and didn't know about Civil War, nothing would make sense. Back when Ultimate U. started there was no continuity. Now it's almost as bad as Reg U, but in its conception, it was a good way to draw in new readers.

That is true, but it still not as confusing as the normal marvel U. But I would love to see an Ultimate Cap America. That would make my day. Or better yet the whole Ultimates in a box set. Giant Man would rock. Ultimate Iron Man would be the cats meow. LOL. Love those comics too. Got the whole Ultimates on paper back compilations.

• 7 months later...

Somehow, I got an ambivalent feeling about the Ultimateverse as well. I really love the modern Avengers, both the new as well as the mighty ones, and I stick to them. But when I first found out about the Ultimates - I'm from Germany, here it takes some time to figure such things out :) - I really, reylly enjoyed them. The detail changes of costumes as well as of their characters are well done. For exapmle, I didn't ever enjoyed the asgardian Gods thing with Thor and his folks, but creating the new Thor by leaving us somehow in the dark about whether he's a new age freak or really Odinsson is a nice turn, I guess. So, I love the Ultimates, but have no use for the rest of this universe, although both story continuties sometimes confuse me, like wasn't Iron Man supposed to, ah, darn, that was the other universe...

So, making that point clear, I'd love to have a box set of the Ultimates, or at least Ultimate Thor - I like the beard, the not-wearing-that-helmet-thing and the new Mjolnir design - and of course Mr. Jackson as Nick Fury! Give me both and I am a happy man :)

By the way, I don't like that ultimate Iron Man outfit that much as most of you seem to do here. Isn't his helmet some kind of monkeyish?

Edited by Bob Harris