UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

WWD haul

TM2 Dinobot

Okay. The bad news about WWD? DST wasn't there. A LOT of people weren't there actually. It was rather disappointing. The good news? I got DC waves 3-7 with the exception of Green Arrow/Deathstroke. I got them from several dealers, but total I think I paid around $110, including Ronin/RS and Sentry and Chinaman Luke Cage. I passed on a C3 Stealth Batwing because I was running low on cash and they wanted $20. Not bad I just didn't have it.

So, yay! I have Minimates for the next few months. I prolly won't be opening them for a long long long time cause, well, I'm in one of those moods.

I also managed to snag a few statues/busts, a ton of comics and a few other toys.

Wave 7 is the one with Clayface and Gorilla Grodd right? Can you post some pics?

So I just finished opening all of them. Somehow wave 3 decided to be special. I opened them up and BD Batman broke up. "Crap" I thought, but figured maybe someone here has one. So I opened the next one. Aquaman was okay (I actually like him!) but Ocean Master's legs both snapped at the knees. Again, oh dern. So once I got to Guy I decided to play with all the GLs together (lo and behold I still play with toys) Hal Jordan's internal chest just shattered. Like literally into thousands of pieces, like someone broke glass. Now, does one think this have anything to do with the switching of the torso mold from DC wave 3 to wave 4? It sure seems to make a tighter joint as well as being stronger. I think it does.

Anyways, anybody have a spare BD Batman, Ocean Master and Hal Jordan? :(

The internal X piece. If you pull out and old and new Marvel and a DC, you will notice the old Marvel was a hexagon, the new Marvel if an X. The DC is also an X, however it goes the other way. I believe because of the length of it, it makes the plastic weaker. That or it's just sub par plastic, I dun know.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats not good. Is only one broken or what?

It should be alright if only one is broken, shouldn't it, maybe a bit loose.