UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Comic shops get new stuff when?

I'm new at the whole ordering stuff from a comic book store and would appreciate anyhelp on this actually.

I ordered some DC Minimates through a comic book store near me. They said they get their stuff in on Wednesdays. I'm just curious if that's how most comic places are and also if they usually get their stuff in the morning or later on in the day?

My LCS gets stuff in on Thursday afternoons, but thats in England. Sorry I can't be of further help.

My LCS gets stuff in on Thursday afternoons, but thats in England. Sorry I can't be of further help.

No problem. I'm just curious as the comic store I go to is still a descent drive to get to and I don't want to drive there and find out they're not there yet or something. If anything, I'll probably cal them on Wednesday.

I would imagine every shop is a little different, and the only way to know would be to call your local place. If they know you, you might have them call you back when they get in new Minimates.

US comic shops get their stuff on a Wednesday.

UK on a Thursday, on account of the 5,000 or so miles they need to travel.

The exception is minimates, you get em when you get em. We get em 3 months later. It's something to do with quantum. Or wormholes.

Comics in the US come out on Wednesdays, unless there is a holiday on Monday then it is pushed till Thursday. This is because the major distributor of said vice is Diamond. You can always check what is coming out by checking Diamond's Website. Most LCS's get their toys from Diamond and thus get them on Wednesday. Toys usually do not have a hard street date and thus there are times where you can find the toy at other retailers earlier

afternoon delivery!! :o tell the owner to pay the massive amount of £3.50 to get a before noon. thats what mine does ;)

Psssh it doesn't bother me. I don't get my gear til Saturdays anyway.

Is it usually in the afternoon comic stores get their Wednesday shipments? I know with a lot of places that seems to be the case.

my LCS opens an hour later on Wednesdays just so they can unpack all their new stuff and have it out when they open. I know this because When new minimates come in I am out waiting till they open. got to be the first the to get the variant!

Short answer:

From my experience, all items arrive Wednesday morning (may be shifted one day due to national holiday or a week due to unforeseen circumstances in delivery).

Long answer:

In the US, I believe most comic shops receive their shipments in the morning and everything should be ready when they open. I've been to a few in my lifetime and that has been the case with the exception of one. The exception was one shop located in a mall that put up new comics near noon because they had only one guy bag all the new comics before he put them on shelves, which I assume was to discourage a library setting. But the toys and other stuff were ready upon opening.