UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Rate the mates!!!

MINI_MYTE

CopyofBizzarofront.jpg

BIZARRO: DCD does not dissappoint in the villains department. Here we have Bizzaro the backwards Superman. I am very impressed with the final product, where as the prototype had a much crazier (Christopher Walken) look, Superman's blue threads and a non reversed "S" shield. The Bizarro minimate now has the facial features of the original Bizarro and the purple colors and sign of the current version of Bizarro. A nice little mix in my opinion. The only downside, is his "BIZARRO #1" sign. On all 3 copies of mine the word "Bizarro" barely fits on the sign and is hardly legible even with a good light source. That and the number "1" isn't even stamped on. 8/10

CopyofBlackhawkfront.jpg

BLACKHAWK: With out a doubt the best minimate of this series! The detailing is phenomenal! Every little thing on this guy has been has been sculpted beautifully from his cap to his scarf to the jacket flap and buttons. He has a nice holster on his jacket to hold one of two pistols which are also brand new and very detailed for such small weapons. Paint apps are amazing as well. His pants are flat black while his boots are semi gloss black to make them really stand out. Way to go AA/ DCD! 10/10

CopyofCheetahfront.jpg

CHEETAH: Now this is one fine looking villainess. We are treated to the current version of Cheetah with this minimate. She is sporting brand new hair, tail and hand sculpts. These new clawed hands differ very much from the Venom clawed hands. These look more sculpted and less minimatish in appearance.While they look very nice, she will be unable to hold objects that are relatively easy for other minis. Paint apps and facial detailing are top notch. 8.5/10

CopyofSGTRockfront.jpg

SGT. ROCK: My second favorite of the series. As with Blackhawk, every attention to detail was applied to this minimate. His jacket is adorned with a sculpted belt of bullets, grenades, mini pouches and a knife. His cool looking army helmet pops off to reveal a buzz cut fitting of any soldier. He has a great looking gruff face complete with stuble which really captures the essence of the character. Rounding out this mini is his superbly sculpted Thompson machine gun. 10/10

CopyofStargirlfront.jpg

STARGIRL: Unfortunately this is one minimate that looked better in prototype (PT) form than final version (FV). First off the hair of the FV is new sculpt. I personally like the PT version better. It flows better (my personal opinion). Secondly the FV's facial features sit higher up on the face giving SG a big chin look. The PT has the facial features more lower on the face giving SG a more natural look. I also like the lighter blue eyes of the PT.Other than the head, the FV's boots are now the proper colors and the costume detail is great. She comes equiped with her cosmic rod which spares no expense in detail. 6.5/10

CopyofStripefront.jpg

S.T.R.I.P.E: Like his daughter Stargirl, this minimate has made some changes from prototype to final version. The biggest being the scale of his head. Were as the PT had a head more to scale with his 2.5" body the FV of STRIPE has a sculpted head the size of a 2" minimate if not smaller. I can see that they gave him a smaller head to make his body look bigger, but the mate suffers because of this. We all know that Pat Duggan resides within his mech suit (which is shown on the chest block) and drives it like a vehicle rather than wearing it like Iron Man armor. In my opinion, this character should have waited for some special treatment from DCD. If I ran the show, DCD would have made a 5 to 6 inch minimate of STRIPE with a 2" Pat Duggan to fit inside of it. If only that were reality. 6/10

CopyofSupergirlfront.jpg

SUPERGIRL: This is the current incarnation of SG and it does not disappoint! The hairpiece has been refined from the prototype and look great on the minimate.Shw has on original skirt shorter than Mary Marvel's and an orignal cape which has a wind blown look to it. She ranks up there as one of the hottest minimate women. 10/10

CopyofWondeyfront.jpg

WONDER WOMAN (battle damaged): She's pretty much the same as the previous WW. The only difference are her body decals and facial features. Still, it's nice to have another Wonder Woman. I wish she'd have come with some other accessory. An extended lasso would have been nice instead of the old curled up one. 7.5/10

Supergirl 9.5/10

Bizarro 9.5/10

Cheetah 9.5/10

Battle Damaged Wonder Woman 8/10

Sgt. Rock 8/10

Blachawk 6.5/10

Stargirl 7.5/10

Stripe 7.5/10

Overall, another great wave from DCD. I love the supergirl/bizarro pack. I am a little disappointed with the stargirl/stripe outcome, but I still love em!

Unfortunately, JP and Fujis own my opinion on these and all minimates that hit the market, so I cannot comment in official capacity on these individually. However, I can say that I was overall impressed with the line and how it was done, though there were a couple things I would have liked to see done differently. For instance...uh oh, here comes the Overlord.

The only downside, is his "BIZARRO #1" sign. On all 3 copies of mine the word "Bizarro" barely fits on the sign and is hardly legible even with a good light source. That and the number "1" isn't even stamped on.

Perhaps another example of DST doing a little more than they need to with the Minimates (with the engraved words, etc.)? Look how well the sign works on the Pocket Super Hero Bizarro, with the words just printed on there:

P1010076.jpg

The only downside, is his "BIZARRO #1" sign. On all 3 copies of mine the word "Bizarro" barely fits on the sign and is hardly legible even with a good light source. That and the number "1" isn't even stamped on.

It looks to me like they started doing it in the sculpting phase, realized it wasn't all going to fit and just said, "Meh, close enough."

Supergirl: Shes HOT! (figure wise people!) The hair cape and skirt are perfect! The Micheal Turner version just makes her even better! 10/10

Bizzaro: Me Like Bizarro. New Hair and Tablet I like. S Backwards Help Figure.Face Loved. TRU Street Fighter Style Paint Aps Punisher Like -10/-10

Cheetah: Nice mate in general, the only thing that gets me down is the hair, the big hair is supposed to belong to male Cheetah, but the is obvisly a female. I love the tail and hands too. 9/10

BD WonderWoman: Probally the worst figure in the set. Waste of a slot due to hardly anything new. 7/10

Stargirl: Like minimyte said, the face is off by ALOT. Besides that though, its a great figure. 8/10

S.T.R.I.P.E.: I like him! the only thing wron is the scale. Hes way too small, and so is Pat, he isnt a baby for all i know, so why is he in baby scale? 8/10

Black Hawk: The guy is kick @$$! Guns are AMAZING! DCD took their time on this guy! 10/10

Sgt. Rock: He is the $h1+! There are two small problems that i have with him though, one his gun, its kinda tought to use, and two, the little holse on his pants, they bring back riot spidey memories! well, at least theyre not little yellow triangles. Besides that the guy is the man! Hes got mega detailing on every square inch of him. 9.8/10