UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Will the Ghost Rider wave be out next week?

Dude

It's been a really long time and many other mates have come out since these were solicited. The movie is long since out and even the DVD has been long in the stores.

According to Diamond Select Toys, this wave will be out next week. Is there any point and do you think they will release it to what will likely be slow sales?

Now I guess I'll never get those shovels for my Minimates to dig trenches with. . . :(

World War I or medieval castle style trenches? Or Southern chain gang I suppose. Which is it?

And Wikipedia reports this wave as cancelled.

It's a shame, really. While it was not one of the best line-ups, and the movie was...well pretty awful, I was actually more excited for this series than the X3 series simply because there were some great custom accessories. I had already made plans for the coats, hair pieces, and Caretaker was getting thrown-in with the "For A Few Dollars More" mates.

Any cancellation of minimates is looked upon with much sadness chez moi. It is frustrating that DST doesn't keep up to date info on the release dates since they should be the best source to get them when they get changed but DC mates seem to be the only reliable dates so far.

Yes, the DST site still has the Ghost Rider wave up for pre-order/purchase. Everywhere else lists this wave as cancelled. They really aren't a very good source of info.

Yeah I'm a little p' oed that these aren't coming out I actually liked the movie and although they weren't the most dynamic minimates out there I thought they were pretty cool.

I'm not upset that they aren't being released. Admittedly, the characters in the film were pretty bland and the proposed 'mates were accurate portrayals of what they were supposed to be.

ghost-rider-7.jpgMephistophles.jpg

I wonder though if instead of the human versions of the villains, if the demons (briefly) shown in the movie would have sold better.

For those who haven't seen the movie, here's the demon version of Blackheart.

ghostrider-3.jpg

Not much of a difference, but might have been enough to generate a few more sales.

(I went into the movie with absolutely no expectations, so it wasn't bad for what it was.)

What really set this wave apart from the others was the variant. Hyped as Transformation Ghost Rider, what you would actually get was Johnny Blaze's head plugged on Ghost Rider's body. Well, minus the gloves and plus some standard blue pants, anyway.

001_big.jpg

(image courtesy of Diamond Select Toys)

Ranks right up there with J Jonah Jameson as a must-miss variant.

That being said, I still think these would be cool sets to have, especially if you consider the possibilities of crossing over the X-Men, Spider-Man, and Ghost Rider movies. Sadly, I don't think the overall interest is there, and with the DVD already launched and Halloween passing by, there's really no ideal time to toss these on the market now. Sadly, I think these will join Batman Begins on the pile of movie licenses that just didn't pan out.

Yeah I'm a little p' oed that these aren't coming out I actually liked the movie and although they weren't the most dynamic minimates out there I thought they were pretty cool.

Same here.

Also, I needed Caretaker's hat for my Indiana Jones custom which as been finished except for the fedora for a good year, year and a half, now...<_<

I'm not upset that they aren't being released. Admittedly, the characters in the film were pretty bland and the proposed 'mates were accurate portrayals of what they were supposed to be.

I was going to post the same thing. I preordered them, but I'm not at all sad they aren't coming out. The actual GR 'Mate looked good, but the rest were so dull. A new famale would have been nice, and Nicholas Cage still has enough goodwill left from Face Off and Leaving Las Vegas to make me want a 'Mate of him. But the rest of them were dullsville, especially that awful chase figure.

I went into that movie with no expectations at all, and was still disappointed.

I went into that movie with no expectations at all, and was still disappointed.

I rented the movie and knew it was going to be bad. But it did not reach me expectations. I mean for a c-list comicbook character they managed to make a b-list movie. I am not saying it was great and awesome but passable. in other words it was no Spiderman or Batman begins, but at least it was no Hulk.

Also, I needed Caretaker's hat for my Indiana Jones custom which as been finished except for the fedora for a good year, year and a half, now...<_<

Alright, I didn't really care before, except to be disappointed in DST for cancelling another line after taking pre-orders (seriously guys, figure that out before you start promising items to people). Now that an Indiana Jones custom has been thwarted? Now I'm disappointed. Of course, DST could always release an official Indiana Jones line to assauge my grief...

I still really want these. I have so many custom ideas from the parts in this wave. Ironically, even though I really have little interest in these as the subject they depict, I probably would have even bought duplicates because the parts are so good. Besides, it seems really strange that there is a "missing wave" in the Marvel 'mates chronology. Chuck mentioned in the DST Q&A that he was still pulling for these to happen, but I honestly don't see how at this point.

Alright, I didn't really care before, except to be disappointed in DST for cancelling another line after taking pre-orders (seriously guys, figure that out before you start promising items to people). Now that an Indiana Jones custom has been thwarted? Now I'm disappointed. Of course, DST could always release an official Indiana Jones line to assauge my grief...

:lol:

I'd settle for that. Of course, getting the Indy license would mean that Star Wars 'Mates wouldn't be far behind, and I can't think of anyone who'd argue with that!! :P