UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

We should declare a Minimate Day!

Jad

Yeah I actually think thats a better idea. Maybe we should have a 'Contest' where people design, or make customs of potential Mascots that we could use? The prize being that it gets announced as the Offical Minimate Multiverse Minimate Appreciation Day Mascot, or OMMMVMMADM! :P

That way we can have a range and everyone will be happy.

Sound good?

Bombermate as our mascot maybe? He seems about right.

Also to celebrate lets shoot arrows at Target! :ninja:

I don't like that idea. As I was never an AA board member, it doesn't mean a ton to me. Also, DST ate AA, remember? :P

I'm not too crazy about making the Bombermate the mascot. I think the mascot ought to be a character that all members could have in their own collections, and the Bombermate is (almost) the most limited release ever. But also I am in favor of it being an original creation, so I came up with this idea:

What if we designed a Frankenmate mascot? The Frankenmate would feature different swapped parts from all the potential Minimate lines released so far. For example, a Wolverine claw, Cylon leg, Rocky boxing glove, LOTR weapon, etc. Only part swapping would be allowed, which means even the most untalented customizers could put one together (I say this because I'm a terrible painter!). And preferably it would include only the more common parts - no Martian Manhunter heads!

If we did this as a contest, we could all put in submissions and come to a consensus on what design we liked most. And then, with an agreed-upon Frankenmate 'recipe' we could all put one together with spare parts, and have our own Minimate Appreciation Day Mascot.

Just my thoughts, and as Cappy says, there's no urgency at all here.

Well, I still like Santa Spidey, but DCD might not. So here's my suggestion actually, once we shoot this off to AA/DST/DCD, we wait and see what they come up with. They may reach into their hats (not sure how good the relations are with DCD now that AA's been eaten by their rival) and pull out something likt the Hunt mate or something. No need for us to do anything till we see what they they.

Hey, did anyone notice tonight's Heroes episode mentioned June 14, 2008? I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it, but apparently on that show some major event is scheduled to happen on the first Minimate Day! I'm sure there's a direct correlation. ;)