UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 21 and 22

tookytoo5

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure we'll see waves 20 and 21, as the incredible upswing of the reported waves 19 and 20 hardly seem like the ending of a line.

As far as what we'll see, that all depends on how AA/DST approach the waves. Do we get a more themed wave, a la the Spiderman, X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic Four, etc waves we've seen in the past? A random assortment wave like 19 and 20? A filler wave, featuring exclusive characters from previous trade shows, a la the Rhino/Gray Hulk, Ultimate Spiderman, Silver Surfer, etc wave? Or, do we get a heavy part reuse wave a la Spider-Man's Amazing Friends, X-Men, New Avengers, Astonishing X-Men, etc? Given past trends, I'd be inclined to think we'd see kind of a breather wave, after all the work that has been poured into X-Men 3, Ghost Rider, Avengers, Spider-Man 3, and the awesome 19 and 20, meaning either part reuse galore or the reappearance of Power Man/Iron Fist, Thanos, and others. But, considering the increased pressure DC is putting on the Marvel line and looking at recent trends, I'm leaning more towards a random assortment wave, which means all bets are off as to who the line-up will include.

Deadpool, Psylocke, Captain Britain, Sinister and Gambit probably all rest near the top of most people's want list, with villains like Kraven, Electro, and Vulture being sought after to finish the Sinister Six. And we're still a few characters short of filling out the ranks of our dream Avengers teams, not to mention big movies on the horizon like Hulk and Iron Man to tie into.

Well now that thwy have wings, they don't have an excuse not to do Vulture They could even make him look like the one in USM Silver Sable. Weren't his wings seperate from his arms?

Also Electro. Now. And Red Skull with Bucky in a 2 pack. Can't be that hard. Iron Man's hair or old Nightwing's painted brown, the normal guns, and a painted body. Major budget buster huh?

I have been thinking about this. I was thinking that we could use a 'Friends and Enemies' themed wave. It would include:

Red Skull and Falcon

War Machine and Mandarin

Black Widow (red hair) and (I hadn't thought of a good Daredevil pair)

Variant: Black Widow (blond)

I was thinking here that the wings for Falcon would be attached similar to Captain America's shield loop. That way they could be 'complete,' covering the entire arm and could also be removable. Using this format, they could also easily double as wings for Vulture. That said, we need a box set surrounding the Vulture:

Young Vulture

Old Vulture

Scorpion

Old Peter Parker

Aunt May

*This idea is based on me recollections of the Spiderman TV series where Vulture takes Spiderman's youth and May finds Peter very handsome. And then when Scorpion has Vulture imprisoned in a later season.

A Robbie Robertson and Tombstone two-pack would also be cool.

If not the box set:

Robbie & Tombstone

Scorpion & Aunt May

Young Vulture & Old Peter

variant: Old Vulture

One can always dream, right :)

While I think Robbie and Tombstone were connected in the comic books, the Vulture/Scorpion connection probably wouldn't fly because that was exclusive to the cartoon.

And Aunt May should only come with Uncle Ben, though Jarvis or Nathan Lubensky would work as variants I guess.

But those other pairings would be spot on. Red Skull and Winter Soldier with variant Bucky. Electro and variation of Spider-Man. Kraven with Kaine. Falcon and Sharon Carter. Black Widow and Gladiator, Owl, or some other crime figure, with Black Widow II as the variant.

I hope they follow the formula of series 19 and 20. more like 19 though, you cant beat a wave where half the figs are villians, unless its dc wave one where it was more villians. in fact marvel should do that.

as far as mimicing dc wave one, how about 4 of any of these sets:

red skull/winter soldier(great pairing and no crappy cap variant)

psylocke/sabretooth (from jim lee's xmen run)

kraven/green goblin(target version, also, nice color contrast in package)

ant man/kang

yellowjacket/kang

giant man/kang

omega red/maverick (weapon x-ers)

deadpool/omega red (weapon x-ers)

gambit/sinister

war machine/mandarin

crimson dynamo/iron man variant

baron zemo/baron strucker

demon blackheart/mephisto

electro/falcon (according to the falcon miniseries, they are arch nemesis')I kid you not

at 1st i was thinking of logical pair ups like the dc waves and wave 19 and 20 of marvel, but I can do this double villian pairings like joker and harley all day.I would probably crap myself if marvel pulled a double villian pack. Id love to hear more ideas from others though.

Okay I have stated a few times that I want certain mates namely ones that funny enough are now somewhat important in the MU. AKA Deadpool, Sinister, AoA Sunfire(whichishiscurrentlook), and Nate Grey.

So on the topic of villian 2 packs

AoA/Current Sunfire and Gambit -

they are mauraders now

Mr. Sinister and Dark Beast - both huge players in what is going on now and soon in the X verse

non villian

Nate Grey and Deadpool - if you don't know why these two should be paired you need to read Cable and Deadpool

Cable

justbeforehedied

variant and Deadpool - seriously read Cable and Deadpool you will thank yourself afterward.

I will tell you what if any of these 7 get made in the next two waves, hell get made period, I will crap myself.

Okay I have stated a few times that I want certain mates namely ones that funny enough are now somewhat important in the MU. AKA Deadpool, Sinister, AoA Sunfire(whichishiscurrentlook), and Nate Grey.

So on the topic of villian 2 packs

AoA/Current Sunfire and Gambit -

they are mauraders now

Mr. Sinister and Dark Beast - both huge players in what is going on now and soon in the X verse

non villian

Nate Grey and Deadpool - if you don't know why these two should be paired you need to read Cable and Deadpool

Cable

justbeforehedied

variant and Deadpool - seriously read Cable and Deadpool you will thank yourself afterward.

I will tell you what if any of these 7 get made in the next two waves, hell get made period, I will crap myself.

I like your lineup. Should've "spoilered" the Sunfire/Gambit thing, since not everyone knows (I did, so I'm not mad, just trying to consider other people).

But, I like your lineup.

My perfect wave would be

Ult Cap/ Ult Iron Man

Ult Thor/ Ult Hawkeye

Ult Wasp/ Ult Giant Man

Variant 3" Giant Man

But I know that will never happen.

So I would want a mixed wave such as

Vulture/ Scorpion

Green Goblin/ Iron Spider-man

Deadpool/Cable

Variant Young Vulture

But this Cable would Have to come with big bulky pointless shoulderpads and huge weaponary.

I really didn't like the old Cable minimate. Too small.

Tookytoo had a good idea with a tentacled Carnage.

When I got my Carnage, he didn't seem like he was complete without his swirling mass of loose symbiote.

So I would say...

Tentacled Carnage/Eddie Brock

Deadpool/Rhino (With bracers and powerhouse chest)

Vermin/Kraven

Variant: Spidey Kraven (Bulkier symbiote Spidey, with loads of muscle detail in blue, and a powerhouse chest to show the difference in bulk of Kraven and Spidey)

No one would expect a Vermin minimate. Ever.

When I got my Carnage, he didn't seem like he was complete without his swirling mass of loose symbiote.

So I would say...

Vermin/Kraven

Variant: Spidey Kraven (Bulkier symbiote Spidey, with loads of muscle detail in blue, and a powerhouse chest to show the difference in bulk of Kraven and Spidey)

With all due respect, Deadpool and Rhino make absolutely zero sense, and I don't care if there's some inside tie-in to that, to a casual DP fan like myself, it makes zero sense.

Also - DST/AA I hope you're reading this - NO MORE CHARACTER REHASHES!!! The Avengers wave was great. No one we've gotten before, that's "just in a new costume". Don't know who Vermin is, but since we don't have him already, bring him on! Kraven sounds like a good idea, too, though that variant confuses me. We need Gambit, Deadpool, Red Skull, Psylocke, Kraven, Ant Man, Mr. Sinister, War Machine, Mandarin, Electro, Falcon, and countless others before we get another variant of a character we've already gotten. We have a Carnage. We have two Venoms, and we're getting another with two Eddie Brocks. That's more than enough!

Also - DST/AA I hope you're reading this - NO MORE CHARACTER REHASHES!!! The Avengers wave was great. No one we've gotten before, that's "just in a new costume".

Can I make a case for a Modern Ironman as the exception to your rule ;)

T.

Also - DST/AA I hope you're reading this - NO MORE CHARACTER REHASHES!!! The Avengers wave was great. No one we've gotten before, that's "just in a new costume".

Can I make a case for a Modern Ironman as the exception to your rule ;)

T.

If they want to make a separate boxed set, like the new Spider-Man one or the Zombies, that's fine. That's the outlet for rehashes. But we shouldn't have to put up with those in the main waves.

It's bad enough they don't include two variants, instead of making us buy the same figure twice (it's why I passed up on bearded Thor - I don't need two Lokis!!).

I think we desperately need a new Iron Man (Extremis/New Avengers armor) and a new Doc Ock (More detail, COOL tentacles this time), and probably a new Green Goblin just cause the design of the first one way back in series two is just so goofy and nonthreatening. These are rehashes I wouldn't mind seeing in the main series, they don't need to be in separate box sets.

So I would say...

Vermin/Kraven

With all due respect, Deadpool and Rhino make absolutely zero sense, and I don't care if there's some inside tie-in to that, to a casual DP fan like myself, it makes zero sense.

Also - DST/AA I hope you're reading this - NO MORE CHARACTER REHASHES!!! The Avengers wave was great. No one we've gotten before, that's "just in a new costume". Don't know who Vermin is, but since we don't have him already, bring him on! Kraven sounds like a good idea, too, though that variant confuses me. We need Gambit, Deadpool, Red Skull, Psylocke, Kraven, Ant Man, Mr. Sinister, War Machine, Mandarin, Electro, Falcon, and countless others before we get another variant of a character we've already gotten. We have a Carnage. We have two Venoms, and we're getting another with two Eddie Brocks. That's more than enough!

Deadpool and Rhino...I remember reading two issues where they were fighting, and shrinking one another. I need a powerhouse chest for Rhino, so he needs to be redone somehow, with his bracers and anklets and his huge shoulderpads.

Carnage I can live without. I'll just have to play with him inaccurately.

The variant Kraven was from Kraven's Last Hunt, where he takes over. Not the best idea for a variant, but my lineup gave me little room for a variant at all.

And I forgot about the SM3 wave. I didn't think of the movie Brock we'll already be getting. Excuse me.

As an Avengers and Xmen fan I think we are a lot of people short of both teams:

Avengers

- Ant Man (Scott Lang)

- Yellow Jacket (Hank Pym)

- Wasp

- Black Panther

- Black Widow

- Black Night

- Hercules

- Crystal

- Tigra

- Falcon

- War Machine

- Quasar

Xmen

- Gambit

- Psylocke

- Nightcrawler (another one)

- Banshee

- Marvel Girl ( Rachel Summers)

- Dazzler

- Longshot

- Forge

- Cannonball

- Sage

- Jubilee

- Captain Britain

- Meggan

As an Avengers and Xmen fan I think we are a lot of people short of both teams:

Avengers

- Ant Man (Scott Lang)

- Yellow Jacket (Hank Pym)

- Wasp

- Black Panther

- Black Widow

- Black Night

- Hercules

- Crystal

- Tigra

- Falcon

- War Machine

- Quasar

Xmen

- Gambit

- Psylocke

- Banshee (green & yellow)

- Marvel Girl Phoenix (Rachel Summers-Excalibur)

- Dazzler

- Longshot

- Forge

- Cannonball (Classic X-Force outfit: purple/white jumpsuit w/flight goggles)

- Jubilee (Classic yellow trenchcoat)

- Captain Britain

- Meggan w/Lockheed

Changed the X-list a tad... ;)

Wrire yes or no about this idea

Wave 21

Carnge(Tentacles) and toxin

Scream (with sonic knife) and hybrid

She-venom and She-venom 2

Ultimate carnage and ultimate venom

Variant: Tentacled Ultimate Carnage and Ultimate venom