UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DOFP Wolverine

hyejinx1984

This is one of the worst variants this line has ever seen, and the fact that it comes in such a recent wave is even more depressing. The figure itself is absolutely nothing new, a standard minimate body with a rehash hair piece. Ok, I could live with that, even though an accessory jacket would have been nice (Luke Cages could have been painted brown and yellow, boom right there... lazy AA). But the paint job on it is atrociously embaressing. The entire figure, save the head/face of course, are all solid colors, and the ONLY design/drawing on it what so ever are the lines of the lapels on the "jacket"... they don't even look drawn or fabricy, they are straight lines that looked like they were made in Microsoft Paint. This figure just screams "Series 1"... which is depressing because when you look at the accessories and paintjobs recent waves have been getting, this was really a wasted opportunity. Anyway, I'm done complaining. Since I have like 3 Luke Cages now (no joke) maybe I'll convert one of his jackets into a DOFP jacket. Still, very depressing figure, shouldn't have been a chase that I spent extra money on.

AA/DST will always go for a easy make chase if they can and if it involves Spidey or Wolverine double bonus for them.

For me the answer is not to buy it. I am a mini fan but the variants annoy me they arn't that different most of the time to fork over the cash.

The only ones I do try an get are the ones that show a completely new design/character like Black Costume Spider man/Woman or the upcoming Angel/Archangel. Things like Unmasked Doom or even the different styled Visions hold no interest for me.

AA/DST will always go for a easy make chase if they can and if it involves Spidey or Wolverine double bonus for them.

For me the answer is not to buy it. I am a mini fan but the variants annoy me they arn't that different most of the time to fork over the cash.

The only ones I do try an get are the ones that show a completely new design/character like Black Costume Spider man/Woman or the upcoming Angel/Archangel. Things like Unmasked Doom or even the different styled Visions hold no interest for me.

Actually, the other Vision is Vision 2.0 from Young Avengers. He's (kinda) a different character.

For me the worst varient is Visorless Cyclops. The body is exactly the same and the hair piece is horrible. The face isn't bad and is currently on my visored Cyclops.

I kinda want DOFP Wolvie for a Civilian Custom.

I'm determined to create a decent jacket and gun holster for DOFP Wolvie. Maybe even a new headpiece since in the comics he had the winged hair look, not the flat astonishing one. Gah.

I made a custom way before they did this one...it might have more the look youre looking for...gimie a bit to find the pic

edit: ok I found it....

DaysofFuturePastLogan.jpg

is that more how you would like it to look? :)

Jeff of the Minis

My only disappointment with this fig is that when I got him I had well over 100 mates, then I open him and both legs snap off. Luckily I had an extra sandman and just used his pants. My feelings otherwise are variants are that so that if you want them, chase after them, if you don't, they aren't something you have to have. No one forces us to buy minimates.

A crappy minimate I agree with sloppy construction poor design and weak paint job. But I think they have more then made up for it since with great ones like the BSG chase Six (love that expression and the dress is perfect) and of course the transparant X3 Phoenix. That's my favorite minimate. I bought a second one just so I could have her on the dash of my car. It's a wonder that those two figures even came from the same company.

That's so much better than the original. Nice one