UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Quality Control Issues - Again

Fizzle

UPDATE - AFX got back to me to let me know that the manufacturer (DST) advised them that they are sold-out of the zombies set, and therefore can't provide any replacements. So once again DST screws the end consumer. My minimates collection will be going up on eBay next week.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of my minimates have every broken. The worst I've had is loose hair pieces. Guess I'm just lucky.

UPDATE - AFX got back to me to let me know that the manufacturer (DST) advised them that they are sold-out of the zombies set, and therefore can't provide any replacements. So once again DST screws the end consumer.

So it's DST's fault that they sold out?!? Maybe they should make a few thousand extras just in case something like this happens, yes? (Although, then we'd see tons of folks complaining about the cost of mates jumping from $7 to $9 to who knows how much because DST incurred extra costs producing extra parts that went unsold and unused 'just in case'.)

My minimates collection will be going up on eBay next week.

Well, let us know when you list them so we can pick them all up.

Thanks.

OK just to counter those who are saying everything they touch is broken...

I just opened

A Rocky 4 pack

A Marvel Zombies 5 pack

Marvel wave 16 with chase

Star Trek wave 1 with chase

BSG wave 2 with chase

DC wave 5

That's over 40 minimates and apart from Col America's arm painted solid and two right gloves for Rocky there were no missing parts or broken joints...

T.

Same experience here. I got correct gloves, actually, so a perfect record.

I've actually never had any breakage problems, aside from the infamous fused Nightcrawler leg, in 3+ years of buying minimates.

Do you guys open them with your feet or something? (I keed, I keed) <_<

OK just to counter those who are saying everything they touch is broken...

I just opened

A Rocky 4 pack

A Marvel Zombies 5 pack

Marvel wave 16 with chase

Star Trek wave 1 with chase

BSG wave 2 with chase

DC wave 5

That's over 40 minimates and apart from Col America's arm painted solid and two right gloves for Rocky there were no missing parts or broken joints...

T.

Same experience here. I got correct gloves, actually, so a perfect record.

I've actually never had any breakage problems, aside from the infamous fused Nightcrawler leg, in 3+ years of buying minimates.

Do you guys open them with your feet or something? (I keed, I keed) <_<

I'm not supposed to open them with my feet?!

I had bought a sealed Nightcrawler/Colossus pack from a friend and when I took Nightcrawler out his leg snapped off. I emailed AA and they got my address and shipped me out a new one. On another subject I also asked about the target offer and they shipped those out to me too.

I just noticed that DST still has these sets for sale in their store - yet they claim they can't ship replacements becuase they're sold out. Bunch of crap, just like the company.

So where's your ebay auction of your collection? The sooner you post it and we pick it clean, hopefully the sooner you'll stop posting....

Y'know what's funny about your complaints?? They completely go against my personal experiences with DST. You claim you had to send the variant Sentry back to them and received no replacement. Strange....when my white queen broke, I emailed Chris and specifically asked if he wanted me to send the figure to him. He said no. Imagine that.

You've been complaining about DST since November 2006 claiming they've 'lost another customer' - if so, why are you still here? Why are you still buying product?

And there is Reideen, swinging from the balls of DST. When your White Queen broke, was it a variant? Noooo, read a little closer next time asshat. If I was the only one complaining about these issues, your oh-so witty comments would be fine. Since I'm not, shut your pie hole and move along.

And there is Reideen, swinging from the balls of DST. When your White Queen broke, was it a variant? Noooo, read a little closer next time asshat.

I specifically didn't say whether it was or not, as in my experience and that of others here, it is irrelevant. I've seen people post about variants having issues before - when DST has product available to replace it with, they do. Simple as that.

Sorry to jump back in and add this bit, but I just re-read your post about your variant Sentry breaking. You claim it broke at the knee. Why not just replace it with a leg from a standard Sentry? I can't believe someone from DST wouldn't have thought of that solution if they couldn't replace the entire fig. All the more reason for me to not believe your claims of poor customer service.

If I was the only one complaining about these issues, your oh-so witty comments would be fine. Since I'm not, shut your pie hole and move along.

See, that's the thing - you are the only one who's claiming DST has 'lost a customer' and you're 'selling everything on ebay this week' - over and over and over again. That's why you were the target of my 'oh-so witty comments. Put your money where your mouth is big guy. Put up or shut up. (I can make it so you permanently shut up - at least here at the forum - if you'd like to continue this....)

I personally have had a very good experience with DST's customer service.

Firstly i sent off for the Star Trek Tapestry Picard figure. They mistakenly sent me a Stargate figure. I emailed them and they sent a replacement out right away and it arrived within 4 days or so . They also told me not to bother sending the wrong one back.

Recently i contacted them about my Rocky Hairpieces and they sent those ASAP too.

So, it sounds like a pretty good customer service team to me. Especially when you consider that i'm in the UK.

:thumbsup:

Here's to some pretty F'N great customer service

I personally have had a very good experience with DST's customer service.

Firstly i sent off for the Star Trek Tapestry Picard figure. They mistakenly sent me a Stargate figure. I emailed them and they sent a replacement out right away and it arrived within 4 days or so . They also told me not to bother sending the wrong one back.

Recently i contacted them about my Rocky Hairpieces and they sent those ASAP too.

So, it sounds like a pretty good customer service team to me. Especially when you consider that i'm in the UK.

:thumbsup:

Here's to some pretty F'N great customer service

Titan

have you had your rocky hairpieces? i'm a uk'er and i'm still waiting for mine :(

Sorry to jump back in and add this bit, but I just re-read your post about your variant Sentry breaking. You claim it broke at the knee. Why not just replace it with a leg from a standard Sentry? I can't believe someone from DST wouldn't have thought of that solution if they couldn't replace the entire fig. All the more reason for me to not believe your claims of poor customer service.

Ummm....maybe because the color is different AND it has a different tampo on it? What a wonderful; idea you had - no wonder you think DST has good customer service.Use your "power" Reideen and delete my account and access to your site. Continue to be a shill for a shit company. Then just die.

Ummm....maybe because the color is different AND it has a different tampo on it? What a wonderful; idea you had - no wonder you think DST has good customer service.Use your "power" Reideen and delete my account and access to your site. Continue to be a shill for a shit company. Then just die.

Yep. The upper leg has a tampo. Would you rather have a regular leg or a broken minimate? Is the color that far off?

I think DST has great customer service, based on several experiences with them. The most recent of these happened today....

In my mailbox was a manilla envelop with a letter from DST thanking me for my support, including a 10% off code. The evelope also had a SDCC Cylon and a Hunt Mate! How cool!

Oh, and based on other experiences, if you're not happy with a company (store, restaurant, whatever), don't give them your business any more. Share your experiences with others, sure; they may benefit from what happened to you. But share, and move on...

I too just received in the mail today a Hunt mini and a baggied Cylon... DST is the shit :biggrin: Now I'm gonna have 2 of each of these, 1 to keep in the baggie and 1 to open, sweet!!! :)

A company that sponsors contests Like the one we just had here, sends replacement/missing pieces back, doesn't ask for broken figs to be sent back, responds to emails almost immediatly, AND sends random stuff to you for FREE is doing something right with customer service if you ask me.

BS

That is enough Fizzle. How about I use my power instead?

:bye1:

So we have all these cool little emoticons... too bad there isn't one for reigning down the wrath of thread gods

:biggrin:

There are.

For many of Fizzle's posts, either of these work: 893bs-thumb.gif893pinocchio-thumb.gif

This recent one though....I think this is best:

pissingcontest.gif

Course, this one would work well also:

twak.gif