UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Is Wildstorm featured in AA's DC Licence?

Chaapaaiguy

Hi!

Wondering if anyone knew whether the possibility of Wildstorm MM's was out there?

I know that there were some Gen13 custom mates (Gen13 Customs) out there but Wildstorm is so much more than that...And official ones would be awesome!!

I'd kill for Apollo/Midnighter, The Engineer/Jack Hawksmoor, Swift/The Doctor and Jenny Sparks/Jenny Quantum two-packs,

And then you've got Gen13, Stormwatch, Wetworks, Mr Majestic, Planetary and WildC.A.T.S to name a few,

Who's with me in petitioning Art Asylum and DC in making it happen?

Lol! Seriously though, Which Comic line/Publisher would you REEEEEELY like to see made?

And remember....In at least one of the 52 alternate universes, They're probably already available.............

Unfortunately, I think they've already said "no".

However, by the recent re-classification of our favourite former Image property as just another universe (something I'm still not keen on, as I feel it could dilute focus - but I'll stop rambling), then that might be enough of a loophole. We're getting Red Son 'mates, so the argument could be made.

I don't think we'll be lucky though, unfortunately.

Sorry.

Jo

Yeah, and a Spartan Convertible for him to drive.

I'd love a full Wetworks team - past as well as current.

and Deathblow, of course. You could pack him with Cybernary (version 1 - the version2.0 one was a little weird) or Genevieve Cray.

Jo

How about if DC decided to release mates for their Veritgo line? How awesome would that be? Lucifer, Sandman, Fables, John Constantine, Mayor Hundred, Yorick and his monkey! Just to name a few..

Swamp Thing and the Endless would be tops on my list from Vertigo.

Wildstorm.... Stormwatch. Wasn't pretty much everyone in the WS universe a member of Stormwatch at some point? :)

How about if DC decided to release mates for their Veritgo line? How awesome would that be? Lucifer, Sandman, Fables, John Constantine, Mayor Hundred, Yorick and his monkey! Just to name a few..

I am with you all the way on this one xVashx. If they had a Vertigo wave, I would have to finally buy my first DC mates. No, make that a whole case. Um........ can DC Direct make Vertigo mates if they wanted to?

I am with you all the way on this one xVashx. If they had a Vertigo wave, I would have to finally buy my first DC mates. No, make that a whole case. Um........ can DC Direct make Vertigo mates if they wanted to?

They should be able to. DCD has produced other Vertigo figures. It would be pretty weird if DC/Vertigo had granted an exclusive license to someone other than DCD- they don't even do that with Superman, Batman, or the Justice League.

Wildstorm might be different. I was never a big reader of that imprint, and so I don't really know a whole lot about when Wildstorm merged into DC. If Wildstorm had granted exclusive licenses to make action figures before the acquisition, those may still be in effect prohibiting DCD from producing anything.

People may have the minimates line confused with the recent news from Mattel about their DCUC line.

Mattel has the rights to make figs of all the DCU - except Vertigo and possibly not WS.

The minimates are produced by DC Direct themselves so anything is possible. DCU, Vertigo, Wildstorm could all appear in this line.

Awesome, that is what I thought about DCD. But, are there not exceptions like Alan Moore' characters or Superboy or something like that? Where they can't make specific comics or characters? I am afraid I am not up on my DC comics politics as much as I should :P

First of all I don't think AA/DST has a traditional toy license to produce DC Minimates. DC Direct is simply employing AA as a design house/manufacturing partner. Since that's the case, DCD could offer figures of any characters DC holds the copyright to so long as it doesn't interfere with any other existing licensing agreements (IE - LEGO, Mattel, et al).

It's my understanding that the Wildstorm characters are creator-owned and, while published by DC, would still require a seperate license agreement to produce other merchandise under DCD.

I'd look to the DCD action figure line to what's possible. That would include Swamp Thing, The Authority, The Endless, The Preacher, characters from MAD Magazine (Alfred E. Neuman, Spy vs Spy) as well as entertainment properties like Smallville.

Personally I'd love a set based on Ex Machina.

I'm not sure how the contracts stand. In the Image days, obviously all the characters were creator-owned. Explains why we don't see Marc Slayton as Backlash in costume (though Jet was wearing a new Backlash costume in Worldstorm 2).

There were some Authority figures, and some Planetary ones a few years back. Wildstorm was owned by DC at that point. The figures bombed pretty badly though, and at least the Authority wave didn't get finished. They were pretty crappy. DCD has them listed on their website though, so there's a possibility there.

Heh, they could use Apollo and the Midnighter as theire Superman/Batman variations in one wave.

I'd prefer to see a seperate sub-line of Wildstorm or Vertigo figures. There's loads of potential.

Jo

who decided to be a bit more upbeat than in his first post in this thread.

I'd be surprised if DCD's current 'Mate license includes Wildstorm. But don't let that stop you from lobbying Wildstorm themselves. Let them know you would buy cases and cases of WS MiniMates, then they'll go knocking on AA's door. That's my plan. :)