UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Back to the Future and '24' packaged shots at DST's Myspace page

Looks like DST just posted images of both the Back to the Future and '24' boxed sets. Here's the direct link to the blog post. Apparently both will be out in September. Yay.

Nice, open, window packaging just like the Rocky set. Footpeg on Marty's skateboard, and look at the altenate Doc Brown headpiece! I wasn't expecting that, but I like it. It's odd that it includes another head though. Hopefully the device isn't permanently attached to the head. I want to be able to stick it on other Minimates.

Aquaman wants you to make a donation to the Coast Guard Youth Auxiliary. :)

I think a minimate scaled Delorean would instantly secure this line in history, but based on the packaging and accessories revealed for this line (and 24) I'm reasonably sure that minimates are flourishing. If Marty can get a skateboard, I KNOW there will be a hoverboard. Griff and old Biff would make a good exclusive 2-pack, so long as they come with the hoverboard and the cane, not to mention the sports almanac.

Those BTTF minimates are soooo cool.

I've never been into '24' so, though they look neat, are not particularly interesting for me.

Now I've gotta add yet another license to track down (as if ST and BSG weren't enough).

Western Doc & Marty along with "Mad Dog" Tannen and Clara whats-her-bucket would be a cool set too. Gotta have docs custom rifle, Marty's colt and the Frisbee as accessories

Those look great... Nice to see so many accessories ... not to mention I finally get a Nina Myers :wub: minimate.

I love the way those box sets are looking and am very happy to hear we'll see those this month...

Gotta Say DST are really coming through on the minimates at the moment, I know they get a lot of crap where people pick holes but I'd like to say "Thanks guys, these rock!!" :)

T.

I think a minimate scaled Delorean would instantly secure this line in history, but based on the packaging and accessories revealed for this line (and 24) I'm reasonably sure that minimates are flourishing. If Marty can get a skateboard, I KNOW there will be a hoverboard. Griff and old Biff would make a good exclusive 2-pack, so long as they come with the hoverboard and the cane, not to mention the sports almanac.

I agree about the Delorean. It would indeed secure this line in history. But you know what would be even better than just the car itself? Picture this...

The Delorean comes packed in a window box with both Marty and Doc Brown minimates wearing their respective radiation suits. Marty would include his radiation suit helmet, Walkman, camcorder and hair dryer (from the scene with the Darth Vader gag he plays on George). Doc Brown would include his radiation suit helmet, clip board, canister of plutonium, remote control for the Delorean, stop watch and Einstein (wearing other stop watch). Man... if only this set was going to happen for real. DST are you guys listening?

I agree about the Delorean. It would indeed secure this line in history. But you know what would be even better than just the car itself? Picture this...

The Delorean comes packed in a window box with both Marty and Doc Brown minimates wearing their respective radiation suits. Marty would include his radiation suit helmet, Walkman, camcorder and hair dryer (from the scene with the Darth Vader gag he plays on George). Doc Brown would include his radiation suit helmet, clip board, canister of plutonium, remote control for the Delorean, stop watch and Einstein (wearing other stop watch). Man... if only this set was going to happen for real. DST are you guys listening?

Better yet...

Make sure the Delorean comes with interchangeable lightning rod and Mr. Fusion or

A step further, removeable/interchangeable wheels/tires (80's stock, 1950's whitewalls and railroad wheels). If the railroad axle fits a G-Scale trainset, then you could push it to 88 MPH with a real train... or maybe that's a bit over-the-top.

With seeing all of these accsecories it makes me think that The Exclusive Marty will come with his guitar.

We are hoping he does, but as of this writing, DST has not confirmed to us one way or the other.

Hey, this might sound weird, but my office computer blocks some sites and for whatever reason, I cannot see the link but I really want to see the pics. Could someone possibly post them here or redirect me to another place I can check them out? Thanks in advance! neo

So looking at the 24 set there looks like you get a briefcase, mobile phone, pda, gun & a really, really cool gun with silencer!!

I hope these come out at the same time then i can have jack hunting down plutonium steeling terrorist Doc Brown & sidekick Marty!!

and yes i know in the films the Doc did'nt steel it it was the libians

The latest issue of DST's E-Spectrum has the BTTF 'mates listed as the TOP preorder item of the week! Also, 24 'mates come in at 6th! These are the only Minimates on the list of 10. This bodes VERY well for the future of BTTF in Minimate form!

Not sure if I am alone in saying this, but In my personal opinion, the Marty Mcfly may be the single best minimate produced to date! especially now with the addition of the skateboard, the way the rolled cuffs are done, his face, hair, and vest shirt piece.

I also love the accessories of the 24 set, perfect for my G.I. Joe/Cobra customs :)

We couldn't agree more. :)

In regards to the "Enchantment Under the Sea" BTTF.com Exclusive 2-pack, we expect to be able to report very good news soon in regards to accessories, along with photos of the packaging as well. Stay tuned...

So looking at the 24 set there looks like you get a briefcase, mobile phone, pda, gun & a really, really cool gun with silencer!!

those are some sweet accessories but did you check out the BTTF set with a skate board and a spare head for Doc those are awesome.