UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

My prayers answered...

Cloneme

PS. Better Pics here. (Shameless of me to link to my own thread, I know... Hehe)

Givin ya a hand man, so people don't have to go jumppin threads.

SSHG4.jpg?t=1186711954

SSHG5.jpg?t=1186711892

SSHG3.jpg?t=1186711897

---

Yeah, the lack of glider I can understand, but the lack of pointy boots and bag, those just confuse me...

But man, happyhappyjoyjoy!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be another Spidey Variant, but i'm really looking forward to this 2-pack.

I've always loved the Hobgoblin

:)

Its great to see two more of our much requested favorites reaching production. Truth be told though, part of me is getting a little worried. All of a sudden we're getting slammed with all the characters we've been begging for for years. Is this the sign of change towards a more fan-friendly line, or a last ditch effort to keep the line going?

Of course, given the success of DC mates, the much desired Star Trek and BSG lines, not to mention the huge minimate event at SDCC, I imagine the cynic in me is just trying to fight its way out, as all this great news has really left me with nothing to bitch about in quite some time.

SCARLET SPIDER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU DST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I mentioned before, #1 and #2 on my list were Scarlet Spider and Angel, I'm a one happy camper. neo

Is this the sign of change towards a more fan-friendly line, or a last ditch effort to keep the line going?

So you're saying that Minimates in the past haven't been "fan-friendly"? I'm glad that the characters in waves 16, 19, and 20 weren't made earlier. They're giving us popular characters and with more detailed paint apps, newly sculpted parts, and more accessories. And nothing about what's been happening with Minimates lately looks anything like a 'last ditch effort'.

And back to the Scarlet Spider/Hobgoblin 2-pack all I can say is "meh". I've never been a fan of the Scarlet Spider costume. Always nice to see new Minimates though and I believe this is the first exclusive for Suncoast/FYE if I'm not mistaken.

No sculpted details on Scarlet Spidey... as nice as it is to finally get him, that's kind of a bummer. It wouldn't have been a stretch to put a powerhouse chest on him – it looks totally appropriate as a sleeveless sweatshirt.

Oh well. It's hard to complain too much during an all-you-can-eat minimates buffet like this year...

Truth be told though, part of me is getting a little worried. All of a sudden we're getting slammed with all the characters we've been begging for for years. Is this the sign of change towards a more fan-friendly line, or a last ditch effort to keep the line going?

Ya know, That thought occurred to me also. The little voice at the back of my head says "Maybe they're giving us what we really want before they die." Needless to say, I don't like this voice very much. :(

No sculpted details on Scarlet Spidey... as nice as it is to finally get him, that's kind of a bummer. It wouldn't have been a stretch to put a powerhouse chest on him – it looks totally appropriate as a sleeveless sweatshirt.

Oh well. It's hard to complain too much during an all-you-can-eat minimates buffet like this year...

I concur. DST could have easily reused existing MM sculpted pieces for added 3D detail to the Scarlet Spider. While I wouldn't go as far as using a big chest piece, Guy Gardner's jacket piece would have been a logical substitute for SS's hoodie as well as GG's gloves (which could have been repainted to replicate SS's web shooters). Although I'm happy about this release, I feel SS was rushed just like the New Avengers and Astonishing X-men waves (all repaints, no original pieces). Pity ... :unsure:

Personally, I like both of them. SS is a very simple repaint - as all Spidey figs should be. (If it ain't broke...)

Goblin - I have to wonder how many people would be complaining about the reuse of parts if they'd have put the pointy boots n purse with him. (Keep in mind the first pics we saw of Taskmaster didn't include all of his bits. This may be the case with Hobgoblin as well.)

lol well it' didn't take long for the nay sayers to come out... I think they look great ( Scarlet Spiders eyes might be a little tall for my tastes but...) & to be honest they're not my favourite choices of character (gets stoned from cloneme) BUT they are new characters we've been collectively asking for that are a welcome addition to my collection.

As for the whole issue of parts reuse... it's not always just a case of picking something that's been done before from a shelf, as you are all probably aware minimates are molded plastic so therefore DST has to squeeze all the parts for a specific wave into a single block. obviously if you are going back to previous parts you have to very carefully select which molds you use to get the pieces you need and maybe sometimes the pieces you'd like aren't in the right mold or the cost of running a mold just for a specific torso doesn't make it viable.

The above is a little knowledge and a lot of conjecture but just because there's a part that might work doesn't mean it makes sense to use it & IMO any larger torso on spidey would make him look odd if you asked me a la big chest sandman.

T.

I have the old green goblin and once DST gets that green goblin from there target deal out then Ill have an extra purse for hob goblin. however, if you look at the way his cape is put on, it might have some trouble fitting, but it depends on the cape thickness beccasue you still need room to pop his head on. Speaking of which, his hood looks to be independent of the cape, so his head will swivel, plus like someone said, that current taskmaster cape:crap.

As for a glider, did you guys forget about the kubrick hobgoblin? I bought it cheep for my green goblin, it looks like I need another one now too. the scale is very good and the goblin looks good on the glider. Ill try and post a pic.

I'm sure the next complaint we'll have is no removable pants.

btw, good points covered TBT! Those were my exact thoughts when I saw them. There is just more to play around with on full wave releases v.s. exclusive 2-packs. Plus I believe that with scarlet spider, they intentionally didn't add more items to make him look smaller.

As for a glider, did you guys forget about the kubrick hobgoblin? I bought it cheep for my green goblin, it looks like I need another one now too. the scale is very good and the goblin looks good on the glider. Ill try and post a pic.

I bought one Spiderman Kubrick and it turned out to be Hobby. Cool to get a Goblin Glider for my Minimates, but the Goblins are going to have to fight over it.

wow. I am excited. I'm surprised they went the way i did first. It's basically my first SS without a belt. But I am also surprised that they didn't reuse/repaint Power Man Bracelets at the very least as it seems they are going heavy on the accessories as of late.

But I am so excited, seriously. wow.

(Keep in mind the first pics we saw of Taskmaster didn't include all of his bits. This may be the case with Hobgoblin as well.)

That's what I'm hoping. DST has a habit of rushing prototypes then taking their time with the actual product. And if these have got another 3 months to go, I figure we've got time.

Despite my earlier grumbling on the outpouring of beloved characters, I'm happy with the new 2-pack. We know from experience that the protos usually aren't a good indicator of what the final product will look like. And I'm not saddened by the lack of pointy boots, as those don't really work well with the C3 foot. The new Green Goblin that would have hit Target was slated to have the same lack of boots. It would be nice to see a bag of tricks for Gobby, but I'm thinking the inclusion of the cape made it hard to include the bag. I know when I made my own Hobgoblin, it required a bit of retooling of the cape just to make it fit. So, Hobgoblin looks good, especially with the detail, and despite what some may think, he isn't a part reuse character, as the hood and cape are new sculpts rather than Spectre's hood and Robin's cape. The pumpkin bomb isn't new, but hey, it works, right? Maybe he'll get a second hand out of the deal.

As for Scarlet Spider, yeah, it woulda been nice to see a separate hoodie, a belt, or some web shooters, but to be honest, the added bulk of a separate shirt would have made him look bloated, and we probably get more detail work with the webshooters/belt drawn on.

And something to be happy about is that a new store is getting in on the minimate action. I realize they have carried some stuff in the past, but this is the first exclusive to not be available anywhere else, which shows FYE is dedicated to the cause, if only for the short term future.

And I wasn't trying to sound negative about the upcoming swarm of minimates from our begging list. It's just sensory overload, as we're getting so much in such a short amount of time. If they unveil a Psylocke/Gambit 2-pack next week, my head will explode.