UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

drgnrbrn316's 198+ Customs

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest Customs:

More Civil War! More AA Mistakes! More Bulked-Up Minimates! More pictures!

First of all, another Wave 4 set: Punisher vs. Stilt-Man

Plus, a couple unattached figures from upcoming waves: Thing and Maria Hill

From the Many Mistakes of Art Asylum line: Wolverine (back) and Colossus

In addition, Colossus joins the line of Bulked-Up Minimates, along with Venom.

Finally, some updated pictures of Bishop, Cable, Cloak, Cloaked Spider-Man, Cyclops, Dagger, Deadpool, Invisible Woman, Mr. Fantastic, Nitro, Nitro-Blasted Wolverine, Overloaded Cyclops, Raft Spider-Man, and Riot-Attacked Spider-Man

Ooo Stilt-man looks cool and Colossus looks better bulked up.

Interesting I was just thinking about doing Maria Hill a couple days ago.

Truth be told, Stilt-man is a work in progress at the moment. I'm still toying with how to handle the actual stilts, though I've already established that the stilt piece will replace the boot tops stuck on the bottom of his legs as "feet", much as Mr Fantastic's arms replace his gloves.

As for Maria, that's like version three of her. Originally, she was to have a blueish suit much like Nick Fury's, but then the Civil War art showed her and most of SHIELD wearing black, so I scrapped her and started over. Then, I wasn't happy with the paint turn out on her and scrapped her again, this time using all black pieces and adding the white where necessary. The hard part was getting the bust right, as I couldn't go the "black detail lines" route, and instead opted to go for the shades of gray accentuating the breasts (which is hardly noticeable thanks to my great camera's flash). I'm going to go back and add some curves to the lower part of her torso to give her a less chunky feel, plus I realize that I've yet to add a SHIELD patch on her arm, or accessories for that matter. I hope to have a final update on her whenever I finish the Nick Fury figure she's to be paired with.

He's not, he's just really, really tan. :)

Actually, when going through the Civil War source art and preview pictures of the Punisher War Journal, they always showed Stilt-Man's head enshrouded in shadows, so I was going to use Blade's head and just darken it to be shadowy. As I've mentioned before, he's a work in progress. :D

Latest custom is actual a revisit of an older one. Civil War Iron Man's modified armor.

Future updates to include a modified Stilt-Man (now that War Journal #1 is out, I have a better idea of what he looks like), more Wave 3 and 4 figures, and a whole bunch of unpaired characters.

And, a question for my fellow customizers: which is better - flat clear coat, or gloss clear coat?

Nice work on that Modern IM DrgnRbrn. He looks awesome :)

I love the sculpted chest and the maskdetailing looks great :)

One constructive comment though is I'd liked to have seen the head more in minimate style, flatten the top a little, make it more in line with te other minimates?

Great job though I love the figure and it has made me think it's time for me to update my modern IM too.

T.

A quick update.

The Many Mistakes of AA continues with DoFP Wolverine. Why they didn't do the figure like this to begin with is beyond me, as they had a mold for a jacket which would have fit right in for the part reuse wave. They even used it for Luke Cage!

Next update to include more Civil War, and perhaps some better pictures, as I've been consulting with a professional photographer.

Hey Drgnbrn, one question: how did you manage to plot the Thing's hairiece onto a clobberin' time thing? I tried cutting the peg with a cutter (similar to an exacto knife, I guess?) but nothin'

I can't remember the exact technique, but I used an exacto knife, some patience, and I think a small pair of nail clippers.