UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Heads up BSG mates at SDCC

Are we talking about exclusive new 'mates?

Don't know - all I've heard (as reported on RTM) is

Diamond told us that they had schlepped some Battlestar Galactica Minimates over the SCI FI channel booth, but didn't know how they would be passed out.

We then braved the aisles and went over to SCI FI and asked... the very adorable chick (no, really, she was!) we asked said that they would be passing those out on Saturday.

I have mixed feelings about a SDCC BSG exclusive...

Don't get me wrong. I have a long list of BSG mates that I'd like to see, that aren't in Waves 1, 2 or 3.

But I really hate when you can't buy the exclusives from the distributor and have to try and get one from eBay without paying way too much, as is the case with the Starbuck Toyfaire exclusive.

Any word on this yet? I've got my fingers crossed for labcoat Baltar

Are you serious?! I have no interest in seeing "Lab-coat Baltar" released in such small, exclusive numbers. And much less interest in dropping $20-$30+shipping to get one from ebay. I personally hope that he finds his way to a more "accessible" venue.

I dont want to talk for Shane but my guess is that if any 'extras' were picked up :whistling: there will likely be a giveaway contest or two for them at some point... lets let the con finish, people get home and the dust settle though...

T.

I dont want to talk for Shane but my guess is that if any 'extras' were picked up :whistling: there will likely be a giveaway contest or two for them at some point... lets let the con finish, people get home and the dust settle though...

T.

Honestly Tim, even if there aren't, you guys are doing more than you have to by hooking members up with the zombies. If you do anything else, it's just icing on the cake. (Hopefully everyone remembers that....)

That's good news.

It really would have sucked to have another unique exclusive like the Toyfare Starbuck to try and hunt down on eBay.

I got enough Cylons... I can live without this one.

As it is, I know one retailer who still has the single-pack modern cylons from the first waves. If I ever need a Cylon fix, all I need to do is pick one up.

Now back to waiting for my pre-order series 2

I sure hope the rest of us can get wave two at our LCS on the first, i don't think i can wait too much longer.

being as how i mainly only get the BSG minimates, i am always happy to get more cylons in different packages. i am very excited to see this exclusive(well, kinda an exclusive) ;)

Unless you are impatient, don't buy from Ebay yet. There will be some giveaways of these figures, sponsored by the folks at SciFi Channel. Stay tuned.