UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghost Rider wave

TM2 Dinobot

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also skipping this wave. It looks hella-lame to me. The only redeeming figure in this wave is possibly the Caretaker, whose hat looks like it would make a PERFECT custom piece for an Indiana Jones. On that note, how about the DC pics of the Sgt. Rock 2-pack... the hat in that one would make a great "Indy as German Soldier" hat !

But I digress... Wave 15 looks super sucky to me. Glad to see that some of the fans on this site are excited for it, though.

That's the double edged sword, DST/Marvel/Retailers get more excited about cross-media promotion that movie licensing represents and are more willing to open the purse strings for new molding (Spidey 3 I'm looking at you) as opposed to a more generic line, which would be less meanlingless fad based (movie and zombie mates I'm looking in your direction) and stand the test of time better if they can't be released on time (movie mates I'm glaring at you here).

see, I look at it this way; if AA and DST did not make the movie mates and only made those from the comics they would have to make variants of key characters to put with those lesser known characters. the problem arises when those variants blow (riot spiderman) then we get all upset with AA and DST for making really crappy versions of figures that we already have. but with the movie mates we get figures that we might never have gotten (Blackheart and well really everyone from Ghostrider) we also get cool versions of our favorite character! and best of all movie tie-ins are more likely to be put out in the main stream and capture minimates more attention.

After seeing what there is on MMMV I will skip this in favor of getting ARCHANGEL! I was going to get Caretaker, but mysterio captured my heart, and These cool waves come out just in time for my birthday (hopefully)

I wonder if this will even come out as a regular wave now. After reading Storm's report on the panel, it sounds like preorders were lackluster. (Hmm, could it be because the movie was awful and released ages ago?) I'll get them if they come out, but I'll probably be just as well if they don't. Better they push forward with the other lines.

I'd save this wave by killing 2 birds with one stone (Target bird and current Wave 16 bird) and make this the new wave 16.

Salvaged from the current wave 16

- Movie Ghost Rider & Johnny Blaze

- CHASE: Transformation Johnny Blaze

Salvaged from the Target wave

- Spider-Man (Civil War) & Venom (Transformation)

- Spider-Man (Web Armor) & Green Goblin (with mask)

I think that'll bring sales up and satisfy everyone. But that's just my wishful thinking because those figures are all I needed from those announced waves. Well, and a shovel too just because I think it's funny to have one.

Here is the scoop on the GR wave. if you want to see this wave hit shelves, folks need to get out and make pre-orders. It was said that the wave is in jepordy because of low pre-orders which translates to low interest. If pre-orders increase, the wave MIGHT still make it out.

Go ask your LCS guys about it or pre-order if you want it.

Just FYI.

For those of us planning on ordering several sets, do you suppose multiple orders through the same vendor, or single orders through multiple vendors would help more? Or does it make a difference?

Thats a good question, I don't really know the answer to. I wouldn't think it to matter, but if a LCS has to order some for you, they might just go ahead and order extras, so its hard to say.

Maybe some of the retailers or DST guys can help answer this a little better.

Given that these sell by the case I would think as long as the number of cases is high it should matter if it was from more or less vendors. I know my LCS will order a full case for every case I order so they order 2 most of the time.

Jeff of the Minis

For those of us planning on ordering several sets, do you suppose multiple orders through the same vendor, or single orders through multiple vendors would help more? Or does it make a difference?

Thats a good question, I don't really know the answer to. I wouldn't think it to matter, but if a LCS has to order some for you, they might just go ahead and order extras, so its hard to say.

Maybe some of the retailers or DST guys can help answer this a little better.

This is just my 2 scents but I think single orders from multiple vendors would be better because they would probably order 2 and put out one which may bring in new customers.

It's DST's fault for making a mostly uninteresting wave. Aside from the Ghost Rider mate, what you have is essentially a wave were 6 figures are just ordinary looking humans. Yes, I wonder why Marvel fans aren't scrambling to buy this...

The smartest thing to have done would be to have released a single 2-pack, Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider and (I would have prefered) Original Carter Slade Ghost Rider. That would have been a sweet movie related two pack that had the two most visually interesting characters in it.

The idea that a movie has to be a whole wave is ridiculous. It worked for X-Men 3, it will work for Spider-Man 3, Fantastic Four 2 will work if they announce one... but it simply doesn't not work for this movie. There weren't enough visually interesting characters in the film to warrant it.

The smartest thing to have done would be to have released a single 2-pack, Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider and (I would have prefered) Original Carter Slade Ghost Rider. That would have been a sweet movie related two pack that had the two most visually interesting characters in it.

Agreed. That would have been a great set.

The idea that a movie has to be a whole wave is ridiculous. It worked for X-Men 3, it will work for Spider-Man 3, Fantastic Four 2 will work if they announce one... but it simply doesn't not work for this movie. There weren't enough visually interesting characters in the film to warrant it.

There were visually interesting characters - just not while they were in their human form. If we were to see Blackheart in his demon form along with his hench-demons, I might've picked these up.

As they are now, they're just civilian minimates with a GR fig thrown in. Guess it shows how just much interest there really would be in civilian waves of minimates.

I was going to pick it up because I could use the civilians and I doubt we'll ever get a comic accurate Mephisto(you heard me, MEPHISTO, not Mephistopholes. The Bible can call him what it wants, I care about the comics...) and Blackheart, so I was willing to accept these, but the simple truth is the movie wasn't very good and they missed the best time to release them because DST seems to have trouble with setting dates. Not trying to pick anyone's scabs but DC Direct doesn't seem to have the same problems with their 'mates.

Also, I don't feel that it worked for X3 either, out of all the characters in that movie they chose to release nothing but movie versions of people we already had. They could have at least given us something new, like Pyro who played a large part in the film, but nothing like that. I'm glad to see that it looks like we're getting back to comic based mates, and frankly I'm kind of annoyed at the attitude companies seem to take that we owe them something, "If you want these you better pre-order them." If the fans don't get a vote in what they release don't ask them to keep you afloat when you make mistakes.

Don't get me wrong, I love 'mates and would have bought these for the above listed reasons, but the fact that average comic shop owner isn't leaping to order these is no surprise and maybe that's the message that needs to be sent, give the customer what they want.

Ive still got money set aside for these. I like the movie and I like these, even if I would rather have a comic accurate mephisto and blackheart. I would give this wave up for those, the only one of these I would change for the line is blackheart, so he looks like the demon from the end of the movie. other than that I like em and hopefully they come out. that ghost rider is awesome.