UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DCD Minimates wave 4

MINI_MYTE

My local CBS got their goods in today (Wednesday) despite the holiday Monday. So without further ado, here are some detailed pics of DC Direct's fourth wave of Minimates.

Enjoy. :biggrin:

PACK BACK

th_BackPack.jpg

STEEL & CYBORG SUPERMAN

th_SteelCSMPack.jpg

th_steel1.jpg

th_steel2.jpg

th_steel3.jpg

th_cyborg1.jpg

th_cyborg2.jpg

WILDCAT & GOLDEN AGE FLASH

th_WCFlashPack.jpg

th_wildcat1.jpg

th_flash1.jpg

th_flash2.jpg

DEADMAN & SPECTRE

th_DMSpectrePack.jpg

th_deadman.jpg

th_spectre1.jpg

th_spectre2.jpg

BATGIRL & BANE

th_BGBanePack.jpg

th_BG1.jpg

th_BG2.jpg

th_bane1.jpg

th_Bane2.jpg

th_bane3.jpg

KNIGHTFALL :pinch:

th_knightfall.jpg

Cool, I figured someone would score some today. They all look great. Well, two more waves to go this year.

I wonder why the choice of Barbara Gordon was made for the star character of the series. I guess she is the most modern good guy of this wave. hmmm.

Awesome pics MM - thanks! Can you post one of Bane without his mask? And does anyone else think we'll see a ton of Destro customs using Steel's head?

Check out the top left corner of the first Bane pic. His angry (maskless) mug is there.

Thanks for the great pics MM and congrats for being the first to post a Bane backbreaking Batman pic. :)

My favorite set is the Batgirl and Bane one. Though I definitely am going to have to pick up a full set tomorrow (along with the Spiderman Previews 5-pack). Well this looks like the start of a very busy and expensive Minimate month.

These all look fantastic. This is the series that I've looked least forward to, but there are some great parts in there and the characters are all done top-notch. I think my favorite set will be the Spectre/Deadman one.

I love that Cyborg Superman head and those red boots of Jay Garrick will round out my Silver Age beardless Green Arrow quite nicely. New head expressions and some new hairpeices are also the bee's knee's. And with that green hood and cape of Spectre's, I bet it won't be hard to whip together a quick Pied Piper.

I can't wait for this wave to arrive in my post. So many customs to make.

Thanks for posting pics to taunt me :)

Check out the top left corner of the first Bane pic. His angry (maskless) mug is there.

Hmm, it's not loading for me. The last pic I see before the Knightfall one is Batgirl. No worries though, I'm picking up the wave today.

anything we should watch for with this wave?

like gimpy knees or legs?

Hey, I didn't know there was going to be a Gimpy Knees & Legs two-pack in this series. Is this DC's first chase set?

:P Kidding aside, I agree with Jason on the quality control issues with the some of the recent releases. I hope the factory has worked out these bugs. With such a big push on this particular line, issues like this can often make or break the future of the product.

HOW FREAKING ADORABLE!!!

Sometimes I get used to how cute and prosh MiniMates are, but waves like this remind me how unique and special and awesome they really are.

Thanks again, AA, for designing these things and keeping with them! Thanks again, DST, for seeing their initial potential! Thanks again, DCD, for realizing how good these would be for the DCU!

sounds good man

maybe my theory was right

waves 1 2 3 had been made for a long time

and with wave4 since its newer they got around to fixing the joint probs

hope mine and everyone elses sets are ok

I had joker break in wave1

and wonder woman break in wave3

wave 2 was ok

sounds good man

maybe my theory was right

waves 1 2 3 had been made for a long time

and with wave4 since its newer they got around to fixing the joint probs

hope mine and everyone elses sets are ok

I had joker break in wave1

and wonder woman break in wave3

wave 2 was ok

Careful of Deadman! I bought a case and all 3 Deadmen had dried paint drips in the elbow and knee joints. I had to submerge them in boiling water and gentle separate them. I chisel the paint chunks away so the joint would bend smoothly when reattached. So be careful! ;)

is anyone else thinking about putting flash's boots on their captain america?

Only since the very first time I saw the proto. art! I was a little disappointed to find that they are "one-piece" with no ankle-swivel, but they'll still look the business on Cap and a few others. Man, this is a great series just brimming with custom potential. An extra Batgirl will serve as my custom Hellcat base to round-out my Defenders team, Spectre for Moon Knight, and a few other ideas. I have these coming in the mail in a few days, so I had to pass today (damn if it wasn't hard not to buy another set though!).