UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

A few recent customs

So every time I go to Target looking for Transformers movie Deluxes or Star Wars figures, I seem to always walk out with a box of Minimates. At $2.50, why not?

So here they are. "Super articulated" Spider-Woman, Hydra Spider-Man (Miguel O'Hara), Kaine, Scarlet Spider (he's not new, I just repainted the eyes and chest) and Ultimate Clone Saga female clone.

spiders_1.jpg

Super articulated Spider-Woman can now bend at the stomach and side-to-side at the ankles. I also wanted to give her arm and leg swivels, but the way I was going to do it would interfere with the knees and elbows. I haven't yet painted her, that's why the pins are so prominent still.

spiders_2.jpg

spiders_9.jpg

spiders_10.jpg

spiders_11.jpg

Hydra Spider-Man was a Green Arrow (the LCS has DC Minimates for $6, so I bought another set). Unfortunately, I tried to match my green to their paint green. That means that the head looks a little out of place next to the plastic green.

spiders_5.jpg

Kaine is from Riot Spider-Man. The hair is Spider-Woman's and the cape Batman's

spiders_4.jpg

Scarlet Spider is basically the same as my last one. I was never happy with the eyes or spider emblem, so I repainted them.

spiders_8.jpg

Ultimate clone didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. She's from a Spider-Woman, but seems to have lost most of her feminine qualities.

spiders_7.jpg

I have to say I love the Spider woman's added articulation. I have been trying some experimenting of my own with the feet, and biceps swivel arms, but that torso is something else man! very impressive work there my man, can't wait to see the finished super-duper articulation and paint apps :D

Awesome! How did you cut through the Minimate body and what did you use for the pins?

A Dremel tool and razor blade, and lots of patience. It came out in two segments, of course. So I then built sides and a top for that piece out of styrene. The pins there are actually the handles from Ghost Rider's chain. The pins in the feet are just little nails.

Nice work all around 'Viper.

Love the super-articulated Spiderwoman. You've done a superb job there.

I added bicep articualtion on my Green Arrow. You've basically got to do it right under the "ball" of the shoulder. I put a plastic rod in there, then heated it up to mushroom it out and hold it in place.

Nice work all around 'Viper.

Love the super-articulated Spiderwoman. You've done a superb job there.

I added bicep articualtion on my Green Arrow. You've basically got to do it right under the "ball" of the shoulder. I put a plastic rod in there, then heated it up to mushroom it out and hold it in place.

would love to see that antacost

and on topic - viper those are some wicked customs...the extra articluation is suoer sweet and I love the scarlett spider..cant wait till they make an official one!

Jeff of the Minis

I love that Spider Woman. I also like the Hydra Spidey 2099. I am a big fan of the Exiles comic. Probably in my top 3 favorite comics. I actually have a few customs of them on the way. I thought the Silver Surfer they battles a bit back would be great to make as a custom, especially since I have like 4 Silver Surfers lying around.

• 3 months later...

I would love to see any minimate with bicep swivel if you have pics available. The lack of bicep swivel is the only reason i havent picked up any more mates than i already have. I love the size...but im a stickler for articulation and wont compromise the bicep swivel .

If anyone has pics please share...it just might get me back into the game.