UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Villain-Mates Custom Contest!!!

Shanester

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've busted ass on this the last few nights because I'm leaving for the weekend to the in-laws in five hours...

Here's my entry for the contest: The Green Goblin from the first Spider-man movie.

MovieGoblin.gif

With the S3 figures coming out soon, we need a Norman Osborn to round out the line... And a Doc Ock, but I'm working on him still...

The helmet and glider were all scratch built, but there are a couple of parts-box bits on the glider. The chest armor is a modified re-cast Big Chest. And the belt is from a Batcave Batman. All in all, I've got about 25 hours in the figure and glider, but I think it was all worth it.

Hope you guys like it.

I finally finished my entry today, which is a 2.5" scale Darkseid from DC Comics. It's based on a regular 2.5" body, with a sculpted helmet/brow, chest, skirt, gloves and boots. I've shown it next to the old C3 Darkseid for size comparison, but this one was meant to be more in line with the current DCD 'mates.

2-1.jpg

Sweet god, voting's going to be tough. However, there's a special place in my heart for the movie Green Goblin. I love that stupid outfit.

As always there will be a gallery put together so everyone can see the entries. It's being put together, but it's taking a little time and should be posted tomorrow. Boy this is going to be a tough contest, some of the best entries I've ever seen. Nice to see some new folks participating!

=========================================================

Below is the entry for clayface1 who had a little trouble posting.

Demogoblin

DemogSub.jpg

And here is everyone's favorite assassin.. No not Dead Pool. Ok their second favorite... *sigh no not Elektra either... Ok this dude is somewhere in the top 100 for sure.

ARCADE

Welcome to Murderworld! Keep all hands and feet in the cart. ;)

img0049smallyo1.jpg

arcadeqh0.png

And my humble entry: Green Goblin from the first Spider-Man movie. Special thanks to antacost for taking the wind out of my sails. :P

greengoblinmovie01.jpg

greengoblinmovie03.jpg

greengoblinmovie04.jpg

I made the helmet from a modern Cylon with heavy sculpting. The chest armor comes from a modified Darkseid, the wrist gauntlets come from X3 Juggernaut, as do parts of the boots. The rest of the details are sculpted or painted, with the glider being scratch built. The pumpkin bomb is naturally a modified pumpkin bomb. The display stand is supposed to resemble the rooftop of a building with smoke billowing out where the glider attaches. Sadly, the flying bat accessory and the staff he wielded for all of four seconds near the end of the movie weren't finished in time.

Oh, and the glider lights up:

greengoblinmovie02.jpg

Hey all I haven't been around much but a friend of mine finally got the mate bug so at his request an entry for the contest. I went for a mish mash of classic and modern on my figure source art Untitled-1.jpg thats the cover I used and my memory of a more classic look. great entries from everyone! Good luck all

dormammu1_copy.jpg

I couldn't get my entry finished in time, but I wanted to thank Amazing.JL, Shanester, Ady, and the rest of the Multiverse team for a spectacular contest. These contests always inspire me, and I can't tell you all how many ideas I plan to steal from here ... fantastic work by all of the participants. Good luck to everyone. I love them all.