UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Upcoming Downtime!

Just to let you all know I'll be taking the Multiverse offline early Friday AM (my time) and it'll most likely be gone for the entire weekend.

The reason for the huge downtime is due to the sheer size of the data I need to move (I can now see why AA went with a "just delete everything plan". Basically the SQL DB that contains the forum data is 200mb, the largest file PHPMYAdmin can import is 2mb... so its gonna take a long time to fragment the data and then "try" and stick it all back together, that coupled with the 1gb of data that takes up the actual board means its gonna take a while.

To further complicate matters once the data is on the new server I have to do a full resintall of all the software, as our current versions cannot be moved as they're ZEND encrypted... Oh the fun!

Apologies if you find the two/three days of downtime a pain, but it was either that or I wipe everything, which is what no one wants!

Once we're back up we'll be faster and better than ever!

Not good enough. Ban AdyCarter! :D

Thank god it's over the weekend, I don't know what I'd do with out MMMV to help me through my working day. Good luck with it Ady, I know it's a shitload of work you have on your hands mate.

You're welcome to send the family back down here to get them out of your hair for a while. :)

Good lord, what will I do? What will I do? Three days without MMMV? What will I do?

Thanks for caring, Ady. And truly, if the workload becomes too insane, feel free to go with the "delete everything" plan. We'll adapt and survive. :)

Or will you be playing Phantasy Star all weekend??? ;) Just kidding.

Thats the only thing thats keeping me sane recently :P

On a related note:

Dotster received notification that you have requested a transfer

to another domain name registrar.

If you want to proceed with this transfer you do not need to

respond to this message.

If you wish to cancel the transfer, please follow the URL below.

Blah

Anyone whos spoken to me recently will know how amazing the site of the above in my inbox was!

At least I don't usually have time to access the net over the weekend.

But friday afternoon is so going to drag.

Anyway, hope it doesn't eat too much of your weekend.

Jo

Well, this will probable excite the Mrs. Ady, as she says I spend too much time on the computer as it is. Seriously, good luck with the transfer and set up. I have plenty of things to preoccupy me in the real world until you get back online.

Downtime might be a little delayed, as it seems I might have rabies(!) so have to go have my blood stolen by doctors and have some injections...

Would you believe I got bitten by a bat on my way home last night... surreal huh?

Nope, although that would have made more sense, I was half drunk walking home across a field, when a swarm of bats surrounded me and one of the buggers landed on my hand and bit me.

Made quite a mark and I bled a lot... so soon as I get outta work I've gotta go and get checked out