UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Quality control on wave 3

thatblockoguy

Are you using the exacto to pry the two halves of the leg apart at the knee?

Pretty much, yeah. You have to kinda work around the exposed part of the joint first. Once you can force the knee to bend a little it gets easier. After a bit you can just separate the two leg pieces and smooth out the edges.

Do you find that the pieces are stuck together by a bit of glue that has leaked between them?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.wonder woman's one leg snaps right out the pack!

Mine did exactly the same :down:

Out of interest,which leg was it?

The left one

same with you?

I dont even have a backup wondy :(

Mine's her left leg too. I've ordered a second one from ebay now. If i have the same problem again, i'm gonna be really pissed. :verymad:

sucks man

GOOD LUCK

I did some glueing on the part that snapped and i let it dry all day and nite and im gonna reconnect her leg today soon

man we shouldnt have to do this, I never fear with a marvel set

Are you using the exacto to pry the two halves of the leg apart at the knee?

Pretty much, yeah. You have to kinda work around the exposed part of the joint first. Once you can force the knee to bend a little it gets easier. After a bit you can just separate the two leg pieces and smooth out the edges.

Do you find that the pieces are stuck together by a bit of glue that has leaked between them?

Yeah, it looked to me like a bit of extra glue from the seams.

My case SHOULD be in this week.

I hope I don't get any duds. I'll be very upset if I do. I buy a case to use as custom or back-up parts in case something breaks from wear and tear... not from shoddy craftsmanship.

Exactly. I buy multiples for the same reason. Luckily the store I bought 'em from replaced my defective mate without question.

Well, I got my sets over the weekend (Thanks to Stuckakid :thumbsup: ). I also had an issue with my Green Arrow's left Knee joint. Also, my Ares' Right Horn is just about to fall off.

However, all of that being said, the figures still rock. It's hard to complain about a line that's just so dang perfect. And, by the way, I LOVE having 2.5 inch figures (Croc, Ares, Brainiac). It's really something that Marvel should persue :). neo

My Green Arrow had the legs shut. I put my finger behind his leg joint on the back of the 'mate, and put the other one just above the shoe, and pulled it forward. It worked, and it was just an uncut joint. My Wondy was okay, though. To be honest, GA's skin flap doesn't bother me.

I got the entire set in the mail yesterday and am happy to report no problems - the entire set is in perfect working order. Wonder Woman with her magic lasso, Green Arrow with his bow and multiple arrows, Aquaman with his staff and fins on the back of his legs, oh yes - if you can get a good set they're awesome. With this wave we can finally create a descent Justice League. Whoo-hoo!

I got my set the other day and have the "stuck left knee problem" with Ocean Master...WTF is up with left legs on these? All my others were fine except in a few cases like Wonder Woman and Aquaman the knees are almost too loose. I may need to pick-up a back-up just in case the knees weaken further, but I hate the fact that I'd be paying again (plus shipping)! I kind'a regret not buying a full case now. Hopefully, this dilema doesn't continue with further lines as this year's mates are the best ever (DC, BSG, Marvel Avengers, etc.).

My Green Arrow had the legs shut. I put my finger behind his leg joint on the back of the 'mate, and put the other one just above the shoe, and pulled it forward. It worked, and it was just an uncut joint.

That was the only problem that I had. I did just what you said and it works just fine now. I haven't opened any of the extras in my case yet.

Put me in the camp of Wonder Woman with a broken left knee joint. I was able to fix it with some glue and a lot of patience.

Green arrow - Busted right knee! - It was totally locked solidand I thought I'd free'd it til I tried to stand him up...when he fell over and his leg fell off :|

OceanMaster would be the same but with a little light duress I managed to get it to free and it's fine now.

Anyone else also surprised at how soft the accessories are? I could bearly get them into Deathstrokes hands.

T.

p.s. on the positive side did anyone else think 'the sword on the back' mounting thing was cool and havent seen anyone else mention it yet :|

It's weird for me to see this many people having this many problems. I buy two sets one for me and one for the kid. Waves one and two have each had figures that had problems with joints- especially the knees. I have had to be really carefull but luckily between patience and some ingenuity I have been able toget away with none of my or my son's figures breaking.

It seems like the problems were fewer and farther between with those series, though for the rest of you all.

Wave three for me had NO problems, I didn't have to work any of the joints at all. They were perfect

It's like I'm the Opposite Man.

Ways I have found that work on the knee joint:

Work it very slowly back and forth.

Freeze the figure for a few minutes and then try and move the joint.

Heat it up and try.

Try freezing then heating, in succession.

On one I even used a tweezer to try and remove some paint from the joint.

You have to be really patient and crefull, but once you get it done, you're good to go.

I got my set from Youbuynow.com and they were all fine. no bad paint or knee lock up issues, my only complaint is I can not get deathstroke's mask off..it's practically glued on his head, I've tried prying it off and even tried popping it off with my Exacto blade. Anybody else had this problem? Would freezing help? or heating it? I wanna see the face behind the mask...

Heating it works pretty well, I used boiling water (just some 30 seconds or so)

Tip of the Day: a 2" MiniMate head barely snaps onto a 2-1/2" MiniMate shoulder ball. Why should you care? Because that Orc shoulder does a great job of tightly holding the head while you work the full-head mask off.

Got my wave 3 set today (thanks Stuckakid) Had a seriously tight right knee joint on my GA which I wasn't pleased about. Then I remembered reading somewhere on here that someone had used wd40 on their GA's knee to free it up. I didn't have wd40 but I did have some 3in1 spray oil which is pretty much the same thing. One good spray aimed all around the knee joint freed it up beautifully. I gave it a good rinse in cold water just in case and it's working fine. So big thanks to whomever it was that posted the wd40 tip.

Another tip is to get a pair of wiresnips on the back side of the twist ties. Makes it much quicker and easier to get the figures off of the backing part of the blister.