UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Quality control on wave 3

thatblockoguy

How's the quality control on this wave? Anything to look out for ? I noticed something that looked like glue on the flat part of the knee pin on GA. Are the pins on the leg joints actually glued to the bottom part of the leg? For some reason I always thought they were just pushed through both parts of the leg. If one part actually is glued in place that would explain some of the knee joint breaks I've read about. The glue probably sticks both parts of the leg together.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought 3 Complete Sets from my local Comic book shop today and was dissapointed by all 3 of my Wonder Women's had cracked and broke left legs and then 2 of my Green Arrow's had tight legs that had really thin O-rings around the joint that was splitting from moving even after boiling them ... Seems like they were rushed or something... very dissapointed... the 2 fig's I was most looking forward to were messed up... So... if you have a WW or GA look closely at the knee joints before bending and see if they too are worn thin... I rigged all of mine with some super glue for now until I get arrange replacements somehow... anyone else have any Problems???

All of the 2" DC leg painted minimates are prone to breakage. I'm not surprised. One of my WW has a paint chip on her thigh. I've been lucky to not have broken a mini, the thought just scares me. I'm sure it'll happen one day. Friends I know have had these problems from the same cases I've bought.

My Wonder Woman had a crack/gouge/casting error on her left leg at the ball joint. I filled it in with glue and painted it. You can see the repair if you look close enough, but it's good enough for me.

My GA had a right leg that wouldn't budge for the longest time, but eventually it did give and without any damage.

The only other thing I noticed was that one of the horns on Ares' helmet wasn't pushed in far enough, so it's glued at a different angle than the other one.

The only other thing I noticed was that one of the horns on Ares' helmet wasn't pushed in far enough, so it's glued at a different angle than the other one.

I had the same thing. I think it's a common occurrence when they place the minimate in the tray and the horn gets bent and not that it wasn't pushed in far enough. I've been bending it back slighty every now and then so now you could hardly tell.

I had the same thing. I think it's a common occurrence when they place the minimate in the tray and the horn gets bent and not that it wasn't pushed in far enough. I've been bending it back slighty every now and then so now you could hardly tell.

Unfortunately, I think it is the case with mine. The one horn sits flush with the design on the helmet whereas the peg for the other horn is clearly visible. I have bent it somewhat to match the angle of the other horn, but it's still a little off. Although it doesn't bug me too much and it looks better than before, so I'm just going to leave it be.

Still had to be from putting them in the tray unfortunately. Sorry the peg on yours was more exposed.

While DC mates a more detailed and have more custom parts, you can tell they are all somewhat fragile. For most of the 2" it seems like the paint or the plastic hasn't dried all the way through.

I just bought two packs of all of them and am glad I did. Both of my Ocean Master's left legs were fused togetther. after much careful and diligent work, I got them apart. My two Green Arrows had the same problem with their left legs. One I was able to loosen, the other broke. Also one of my Aquaman minimates had a fused leg, which I was able to loosen. I hope the next wave has better qc than this one. This is still my favorite wave btw.

My biggest beef is that the most of the DC 2" have painted limbs and appears to be weaker plastic which is causing a lot of these issues.

Stuff like this makes me appreciate what DST customer service does for Marvel/BSG customers that have had QC problems. (Well whenever they can of course)

I could be mistaken, but I don't think DCD does this. Does anyone know?

My biggest beef is that the most of the DC 2" have painted limbs and appears to be weaker plastic which is causing a lot of these issues.

Stuff like this makes me appreciate what DST customer service does for Marvel/BSG customers that have had QC problems. (Well whenever they can of course)

I could be mistaken, but I don't think DCD does this. Does anyone know?

DCD is notorious for NOT handling any QC problems. Talk to DCD fans about New Frontier Wonder Woman sometime. IIRC, the handle on her sword broke off on almost every one I've ever talked to someone about. DCD said they're aware of the problem, but did nothing to fix the issue such as offer replacements. This isn't the first instance of DCD doing this - just the first one that jumped into my mind.

So far I've been lucky with my 'mates from DCD. All good, no broken parts. It sounds like Wave 3 has more small detail parts than we've gotten before with any series - correct? (Mine are on their way here, so I can't speak from experience.) If so, that's to be expected (IMO) with more details being additional small parts - like the horns or the ties to Deathstroke's mask mentioned above - rather than sculpted on parts like the antenna on classic Iron Man.

Rant time

I got my wave 3 today

here is the DAMN damage tally

1.wonder woman's one leg snaps right out the pack!

2.my green arrow has one leg that wont bend

3 the aquaman enemy guy also had one leg that wont bend

I mean seriously wtf

if i knew how to call dc direct i would I love these guys but EVERY wave something has happened!

im hoping this is only cause waves 1 2 3 had been ready for awhile

and that with wave 4 they fix this shit

Mine did exactly the same :down:

Out of interest,which leg was it?

Eep! Quality control issues are starting to concern me. Especially GA. I've wanted that Minimate from the moment I saw the concept art. I'm going to be severely effed off if I get a dodgy one.

Are you using the exacto to pry the two halves of the leg apart at the knee?

Pretty much, yeah. You have to kinda work around the exposed part of the joint first. Once you can force the knee to bend a little it gets easier. After a bit you can just separate the two leg pieces and smooth out the edges.

Mine did exactly the same :down:

Out of interest,which leg was it?

The left one

same with you?

I dont even have a backup wondy :(

Mine's her left leg too. I've ordered a second one from ebay now. If i have the same problem again, i'm gonna be really pissed. :verymad: