UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates wave 2

MINI_MYTE

I thought John Stewart was like half an inch shorter. Thankgod for that. No hairpieces I can live with. I just looked at the comparison picture of Nightwing and the new Robin, and I thought I'd wasted a fiver on nothing.

Aww man...I bought a John Stewart C3 to go with my DCD's and they're not in scale! I think he's a little shorter than the other heroes anyway, but I am so crushed.

Remember, not only do hair pieces make mates taller. If the are sporting a belt or a waist piece, that'll make 'em taller to.

ok before everyone wigs out about the missing hair pieces (Pun intended) hasn't anyone else noticed the pattern? - those with FULL face masks like Batman & Harley get hair pieces where as those with partial booster/beetle dont? - seems like that's the rule anyways.

I dont have my series 2 of DCD mates yet so arent going to pass judgement but from what I"ve seen they look great... I didn't expect Skeets to make it to production.

T.

p.s. good call on the hair piece for Cottle OB, I was just wondering what to use with my assault punisher face for him, torso will be TF starbuck (if I can find a spare) and legs from Dee with the usual labcoat/arms. :D

I have some questions about these:

1) Who is Dr. Fates identity for this mate (considering the tons of Dr Fates)? is it Hector Hall?

2) Is the Robin in this wave Jason Todd or Dick Grayson?

3) Is it normal to take off a minimates mask and see a white sticker with a red arrow pointing down? my Dr. Fate had this.

1) Who is Dr. Fates identity for this mate (considering the tons of Dr Fates)? is it Hector Hall?

2) Is the Robin in this wave Jason Todd or Dick Grayson?

3) Is it normal to take off a minimates mask and see a white sticker with a red arrow pointing down? my Dr. Fate had this.

1) no Idea I dont know the character that well.

2) Dick Grayson.... He's smiling ;)

3) nope....did it have a normal face too? pix please!!

T.

Sorry, but has anyone noticed the penguins shoes. I think they make him look shorter. But then again Robin did have some weird shoes himself. They didnt fit too well in there sockets.

Sorry, but has anyone noticed the penguins shoes. I think they make him look shorter.

It is a new foot style and yes, it has been discussed before although I can't seem to find the thread. I think it might have been spotted first on the Kellogg's control art IIRC...

But then again Robin did have some weird shoes himself. They didnt fit too well in there sockets.

You said it! I think I'll be painting an extra set of Penguins feet for Robin. Having him taller than Nightwing just looks weird.

I seem to recall someone saying that the prototype Robin had similar style feet to Penguin. Sadly that's not been carried over to production and now he's a giant among mini's. A shame but it's still a great figure in it's own right.

I thought I'd try giving hair to ted, since he didn't come with an alternate piece..here's a few ideas... :teehee:

bbeetlehairvv7.jpg

I also wanted to put up a shot to clarify the NW & Robin image I posted earlier..this way u can see the size comparison clearly.. :biggrin:

minis007vo1.jpg

While I'm on the size conversation, here's a scale shot to give ya the differences...using Sauron as the Large model.

minis028jq0.jpg

It certainly looks like it's Hector.

I have got to find some decent hair for Blue Beetle. I'm very disappointed that he didn't come with any after seeing the awesomeness of the ones that did. I plan on getting an extra one so I can display him both ways (if I can find some hair I like, that is) and I plan on shaving off the holster on one of them.

• 11 months later...