UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Check out this article in the latest issue of Wizard.

Don't know the show as it's only just started airing on Satellite here in the UK and won't be on Terrestrial TV until June/July time. I've heard nowt but good things about it though, and that custom does look a bit smart. I'd love to see one of the tubby Japanese bloke! :D His name's Hiro isn't it?

Is there a western character called Protaganist?

Thanks for posting MM, I was going to do the same, but haven't had time. :(

I thought it was cool and I agree it's a good quality custom. If the show has more success, I can see these making it to minimate form.

Don't know the show as it's only just started airing on Satellite here in the UK and won't be on Terrestrial TV until June/July time. I've heard nowt but good things about it though, and that custom does look a bit smart. I'd love to see one of the tubby Japanese bloke! :D His name's Hiro isn't it?

Is there a western character called Protaganist?

Rad (and anyone else interested) - some of the episodes are available for download at NBC.com.

There is one episode that I've heard will not air again though - it was one where (IIRC) an Emerson garbage disposal was used for something. (I don't want to post more details since you haven't seen the show and don't want to spoil it for you.) Long story short, Emerson objected and the episode was pulled from NBC's website. (Emerson has sued NBC over the episode as well.) Click here if you want to read the full story. Spoilers in the article.

Here's the scene. Again - spoilers afoot if you haven't watched the show.

The show is interesting and getting better. It had a very slow start as the developed the characters and opened the backstories. Minis would be cool, but so far the only one with any real character recognition would be the Cheerleader. All others look like average folk. Even the crazy Japanese guy looks normal until he gets into that crazy "future elf" outfit.

HOLY @#*& AWSOME yay! energy-man is happy!

I hate to disappoint, but these are not actually being made. The photo is of a fan made custom.

Rad (and anyone else interested) - some of the episodes are available for download at NBC.com.

Thanks for that mate, but my Broadband connection really stretches the definition of Broadband :(

I reckon it'd probably take the best part of a week to download an hour of quality video and that's if NBC allow downloads from outside the US. I know the BBC will only allow domestic downloads of their shows due to syndication issues. Thanks again though and I'm sure there'll be a few other members who'll be able to take advantage of that link. Bummer about the lawsuit, that probably means the episode in question won't be aired over here or appear on any future DVD release.

Lets also get Barbie Minimates.

Thats how rong Heroes mates are

Whats "rong" with Hero minimates? :confused:

Come to think about it, what's rong with Barbie minimates? :D

Thanks for posting that, MINI-MYTE. Does anyone know who was commissioned to do this figure?

I was going to guess Mini-Myte, since he did Beariors. Come on, MM, you can 'fess up!

Scouts honor! It wasn't my doing! I haven't made a custom in months. But thanks all the same for thinking it was me. :blush:

I have no idea who made her. My guess is IRON-COW.

Scouts honor! It wasn't my doing! I haven't made a custom in months. But thanks all the same for thinking it was me. :blush:

I have no idea who made her. My guess is IRON-COW.

I was going to guess Iron-Cow as well but he usually updates his site when a custom piece of his is featured in a magazine. And since he now freelances for AA he might not be able to do commissioned custom pieces involving Minimates as it might be seen as a conflict of interest.

Jeremy "Spy Magician" Sung perhaps?

I doubt that AA made her... She's too nice of a "prototype" compared to what we've seen from them... She almost looks like a production piece. It's a very nice custom, regardless of who made it...

I wish it was mine...

Minis would be cool, but so far the only one with any real character recognition would be the Cheerleader. All others look like average folk. Even the crazy Japanese guy looks normal until he gets into that crazy "future elf" outfit.

And heck, Claire isn't even wearing her cheerleader outfit anymore...

Ah, so you'd have to think of it more as a Movie Mate release, like 24, rather than colorful superheroes like Marvel. It could be done, and done well. Bring 'em on!