UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

My LCS sold out in less than 2 hours..

The Vox

I believe he had 2 or 3 cases and they sold out within the first two hours of opening the store. He said this is the first time this has happened with any minimates ever (at his store of course) and he made a 2nd order for the first time and hopes it will be in by next Wednesday.

My question is how are sales looking in your neck of the woods. I, for one, hope that these really sale well so they can keep cranking out the line. Also does anyone know the chances of some box sets for Christmas hitting TRU or Target? I figure if sales are good they could at least look into it.

Vox :thumbsup:

Would that be Dr. Volts??? I was just curious if anyone else in the valley had them. I am done doing business with him. That is good though that he sold out so quick and I wasn't one of the people buying multiple sets.

I guess we're going to have to go on posts like this to see how the DC mates are selling. From what Mr PL says DC direct are even more taciturn than the AA guys when it comes to interacting with the fanbase. Have to say the signs are very encouraging though. Stuckakid have said they sold out their initial allotment and are getting more in.

Hmmm I probably order the most minimates in chicago and I buy most of them. Any store that orders minimates usually sells out of most of them. More and more though, shops have stopped carrying them. For those of you that have cases, it has XXXX out of 2000. Maybe this was the production run?

This would be

6,000 of each minimate/2-packs

24,000 Total 2-packs

48,000 total minimates

All they had left when I got there was one Supes pack and one Bats pack.

Thankfully, my comic guys put a whole set on hold for me!! :D

As cool as his powersuit is, though, I wanted Lex to have a business suit...

Kinda peeved the Kryptonite that came with him has no way for the figure to hold it, nor is it transluscent... Good thing I made my own K-rock way back with Gamma Hulk's hand!

Would that be Dr. Volts??? I was just curious if anyone else in the valley had them. I am done doing business with him. That is good though that he sold out so quick and I wasn't one of the people buying multiple sets.

Yep. It's still the only place in the state that I know of that carries them (i called places from Logan to Provo) . $9 is an awful price but they still went fast. Most online are around $7 so that's where I'm going for extras.

Not arrived at mine yet - went down their all excited on friday and all.

Hopefully sometime this week.

You'd think that with the markup we'd get a more reliable service.

Grrr.

Jo

Mine is ordering more as well. Supposed to be in by next wednesday. I hope these do well!!

Given how hard these were to find (due to sell out as opposed to just not being stocked anywhere), I'd say its a pretty safe bet to label these a success.

I was at my LCS the other day and we were chatting about minimates (of course). The owner said he has gotten 3 boxes and each time he has restocked they were sold out with in the half hour! As the story goes, someone will walk in and look around the store see the minimates and exclaim "Holy cow dc minimates!" and buy all of them. He wonders what some needs with 3 supermen but whatever.

I don't know that my LCS even gets Minimates, they must sell out awfully fast. I seriously doubt there's much of a market for them here though. I plan to raid various stores in San Antonio in a few weeks to see what I can find.

Just curious. To those who have purchased from the LCS, why do you buy from your LCS? Do you get a discount to do so, is it a friend running the store, what is it that gets you to spend your $ there?

I'm sure it has to do with - no shipping/great discounts that 9/10 can't be matched/routine stops (Wed)/friendly store/loyalty. It's a Win, Win, Win, Win situation. :)