UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Civil War Ends

drgnrbrn316

I just finished issue #7, and while I don't like the ending, I can completely agree with it. Think of it from the perspective of an ordinary citizen living in the marvel universe. This is the best possible outcome for the entire world. I don't think this is going to be just a temporary change for marvel.

I thought the series on a whole was well written, and the art was beautiful. I wish the end battle had lasted a bit longer, but I guess the point was that the fighting had gone on long enough.

Anything Marvel has put out in the last 2+ years (Not counting Ultimate) has been extremely disappointing. :yucky: I have Civil War #7 at my house and I just don't have the will to read it. I just don't read my books as soon as I get them anymore, it has become a drag. I'll probably read it while on the can or don't have anything else to read. I'm really thinking now about quiting. I've cut my subscription by more than half!

Can't wait till Joe Quesada is out as EIC,

The ending was crap. First off, Cap is a master military and offensive stategist, and he didn't anticipate that there would be possible massive collateral damage? Especially since he witnessed Goliath's death by a Thor clone. So he is supposed to suddenly realize this and give up? He never quits, B.S.

Also, why would the village people tackle Cap at the end?? He's freaking Cap.

No doubt, Marvel has no idea what they are doing. It really stinks that they don't really care. In addition to the Cap statements, they make Spider-man look like a fool. He automatically has no spider-sense and make him look like a chump with c-class villians. Give me a break a black suit is going to make all the difference? Can't wait to see how they explain it. Sure, he can check into a hotel without being recognized, no one knows him from his nationally televised unmasking. :rolleyes:

Secret is we have a new villain.

Where was Spidey made to look like a chump? If anything, being able to impress Reed as he did was a pretty big deal.

As for me, I loved the ending.

I've been on Iron Man's side pretty much the whole time. The act isn't about tyranny, it's about responsibility. Heroes have to be held responsible for their actions. It wasn't out of character for Cap to give up; he realized he was wrong, and did the stand-up thing. I like the new possiblities that it sets up, and hope they don't just reset everything.

I'm disappointed. I was disappointed with House of M, and now I'm disappointed with Civil War. Such an amazing build up and then pfffffttttttt... I hope DC's 52 has a good payoff or I'm going to be completely effed off with these huge crossover events.

i have a question bout Spider-Man #538...

does Aunt May Die?? i mean she got shot but it like grazed her side! ooo wow so wat, she'd live!!! and now Marvel is coralating their movies with the comics!!!!! Marvel, u neeeeeeed to get ur act together.

i have been a major cap suporter since the beginning of Civil War, and i thought the ending was ok... Its not like cap surrendered, he realized that just fighting for nothing was wrong...the part i hated the most was the fact that all the civilans piled up on cap, i mean why? It just ruined every thing.

the part i hated the most was the fact that all the civilans piled up on cap, i mean why? It just ruined every thing.

Why did the people pile up on him? Because he wasn't fighting for them. He was fighting for his personal belief that heroes should stay secret and hidden. The normal humans WANT registration. They want responsibility from their heroes. Cap wants to maintain his secret little clubhouse where heroes can't be held accountable for their mistakes. Iron Man is the one that is fighting for the non-powered majority. I think Cap finally realized that when he saw the actual public sentiment.

Does "Accountability" include making zombie cyborgs from tissue of dead heroes that murder living heroes? And than hiring villians to kill more heroes? And finishing off with imprisoning heroes for breaking a law Tony Stark devised?

Ironman has had no accountability thus far, and has done very sneaking low browed tactics (Read Black Panther) to force his position. When the Village People tackled Captain America in the end, it was ludacris and a poor attempt and "proving" Ironman's point.

I still say as a master stategist, Cap should have known that there would be collateral damage from the moment he formed the resistance. And what about the dozens of heroes who stood by Cap's belief? They put so much trust and their lives in Cap. Cap would never give up and let them all down. He potentially left all his men in one gesture to be arrested and imprisoned in the Negative Zone. But a Captain always does what he can to save his men. He would never leave Namor and Black Panther screwed. He screwed and killed Wakanda. Anti-climatic.

Does "Accountability" include making zombie cyborgs from tissue of dead heroes that murder living heroes? And than hiring villians to kill more heroes? And finishing off with imprisoning heroes for breaking a law Tony Stark devised?

I didn't say that Iron Man's side didn't make mistakes. Thor-bot was clearly programmed wrong, and I don't think it was right to bring in the villains. But the prison was the logical end for what had to happen. What else are you going to do with people that break the law? Lastly, the law wasn't even created by Tony. If you'll remember, before the war, he testified before Congress that they shouldn't pass the registration bill. It was already being discussed. Then came Stamford, and Tony realized that registration was happening, and that it should be done right.

Ironman has had no accountability thus far, and has done very sneaking low browed tactics (Read Black Panther) to force his position. When the Village People tackled Captain America in the end, it was ludacris and a poor attempt and "proving" Ironman's point.

You can either argue in-story or out-story. But you can't mingle the two together. The fact is that the non-powered population is for registration, and they realize that Cap is not looking out for their best interests. You're welcome to call it bad writing, but it's what happened in the story and can't be written off. And Iron Man has all the accountability. He put his name out to the public, his reputation, his company, and almost every friendship he has. Tony himself said that he wasn't happy with everything that happened, and that he didn't want to do some of the things he did, but he felt that it was for a greater good.

Ok to save it getting long I'm snipping your post, I hope I dont misrepresent you too much. ;)

"Thor-bot was clearly programmed wrong"

It was still negligent and caused murder. Under the new law someone should be held accountable.

"You can either argue in-story or out-story. But you can't mingle the two together. "

A good defintion to make, I believe that a lot of the confusion over POV on this is we see two worlds perspective and try to merge em.

"The fact is that the non-powered population is for registration, and they realize that Cap is not looking out for their best interests."

Hmm this one's tricky, I dont think it's that Cap isn't looking out for their interests ( there are HUGE civil liberties being taken by thins act that aren't being addressed) but the spin that's been put on it makes it look that way, after all the pro reg was the only side getting positive press.

"You're welcome to call it bad writing, but it's what happened in the story and can't be written off"

The problem most have with the 'everyday folks' piling on cap like that is that it was REALLY cheesy and about as subtle as a large brick with a bow tied on, not comic writing at it's finest, they could have made the point more with more finesse,, esp when it was the 'big moment' of the series.

"And Iron Man has all the accountability. He put his name out to the public, his reputation, his company, and almost every friendship he has. Tony himself said that he wasn't happy with everything that happened, and that he didn't want to do some of the things he did, but he felt that it was for a greater good."

As a big Ironman fan I dont buy it, yes I get the acountability side of things, I also get the civil liberties thing from the other side, it just doesn't ring true to me that Tony would be so singular in his mind about it, for that matter I have the same issues with Reed.

T.

Also, why would the village people tackle Cap at the end?? He's freaking Cap.

The village people were in this? Man, Marvel is really trying to diversify their fan base. First they have the soap opera cross over, now the village people make an appearance in Civil War. What's next?

• 2 weeks later...

Civil War endgame: So the result is Iron Man (the bastard) wins. But the heroes identities are still secret, they're just guarded by SHIELD? (And here I thought SHIELD had that info already. :rolleyes:) Except for the few who publicly gave up their identities: Peter and Steve Rogers and such, they're just hosed now aren't they?

Gah, I despise these epic, universal restructurings that really accomplish nothing. Come on, how can you ever explain away the trust that Tony Stark broke with his comrades? The whole split is a wound that would never, ever heal, but in a month or so the Marvel Universe will be the same place it always has been, full of crossovers and angst. (Don't get me started on what the hell Infinite Crisis was supposed accomplish versus what it actually did.)

Anyway, the real reason I'm posting is to ask: who is this character?

CivilArcherwho.jpg

There's lots of people in the book that I don't recognize, but this one caught my eye since I've always got an interest in archers.