UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who wants to work for MMMV?

Who wants a shot at the their dream job? (If you dream about working for free and obeying my every whim?)

Long story short we basically need more moderators.

We've got an admin team of myself, Danny and Shane which kind of leaves Lurch as the only mod, and while the admins moderate (ie delete spam) too we could do with more muscle, especially seen as Lurch is otherwise distracted as of late.

We're getting an insane amount of traffic and now have over 900 members so its my belief that we need more people to help keep this place running spot on.

If you're interested in applying shoot an email to adycarter@gmail.com or grab me on MSN messenger (adycarter@gmail.com) and we can have an informal chat about what kinda stuff you'd be doing and any relevant experience that you have.

So if you're enthusiastic, love mates and are interested drop me a line.

Previous forum/moderation experience isn't essential but could well be a bonus.

What an opportunity! Are their any requirements or is that durring the interview phase? :P

Pretty much during the interviewy/discussion/decision phase, I'd hate for someone to be put off at this point by feeling they dont meet some requirements or something.

Sounds like a great opportunity...

Unfortunately, I'd let all that power go to my head, and we'd have about half the members within about an hour... :biggrin:

Sorry to hear life's throwing you some curve balls at work Lurch ;) I had no internet just before Christmas until almost the end of January :confused: I thought I would go insane and everytime I passed a internet kiosk, I felt like a junkie trying to kick the habit. Good luck to anyone who goes up for the job, just remember to be objective and you should be fine :biggrin:

You never really know how much you miss something until it's gone...

Today, we didn't have a toilet at work... I've never had to pee so bad... It's always when you can't go, that you gotta go...

People an express their interest up until monday

Then I will look through the names of the intereseted parties and decide what happens next

Since MrPL isn't here to translate, I'll take this one.

People have until Monday to submit their "application" (read: list of things they can give Ady) along with their "application fee" (read: small nonsequential bills under the table). At that time, Ady will "pour through the applications" (read: pour himself a scotch) then "select those he feels most suited for the position" (read: pick a couple names at random). Once the moderating is safely in the hands of these "qualified persons" (read: poor saps who were chosen at random), Ady will retire to his office to "handle the day to day behind the scenes work of managing the Multiverse" (read: use the donated funds to buy himself a monkey).

Or at least that's the standard business model for the AA forums. Here at the Multiverse, we may acquire a ferret instead. I haven't read all the bi-laws yet, but I'm sure some sort of small mammal is sufficient. Also, the owner holds the right to substitute tequilla for scotch, should he so choose.

Hmmm and after I have my monkey/unicorn/ferret/whatever I'll also offer exclusive MMMV goodies for a small fee...

(Goodies = Paperclips)

My plan cannot fail!

11 people have expressed an interest so far.

You're brave, brave people....

Ady, once the members find out that the lucky person chosen as a new mod gets to give the other staff members monthy pedicures and lance that boil on Danny's butt, the volunteers will start to pour in.

I'm excited! A new person to borrow money from. :P

Change "monkey" to "unicorn" and that's pretty much how I'd have read into it.

Doh! Your suggestion checks out. It reads in Article 3, Section 6, Subsection 4, Paragraph 7, Line 15, Seats 22 and 23: "Owner of said website is permitted to spend before mentioned funds on purchase of fictitional animals, including but not limited to Lemus, Dragons, Gargoyles, Elfs, Trolls, Midgets, and Unicorns."

Hmmm and after I have my monkey/unicorn/ferret/whatever I'll also offer exclusive MMMV goodies for a small fee...

(Goodies = Paperclips)

My plan cannot fail!

Can't believe I missed that one either. It even says so in the Multiverse creed: "Our office supplies are your reward"

Ady, once the members find out that the lucky person chosen as a new mod gets to give the other staff members monthy pedicures and lance that boil on Danny's butt, the volunteers will start to pour in.

So long as lancing that boil is the only thing we have to do to Danny's butt, the job doesn't sound too bad.

is this a full time job??

cause i go to school and stuff but for the rest of the time i have no life at all :P

and the time is different here in europe so i can help out when some cant