UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Brother can you spare a decal?

20230630_150003

Any of our talented Multiverse artists interested in developing a face decal that resembles Lance Henriksen? If you provide me with one, I will in return send you this 3d printed Minimate-like (but not a Minimate) block figure Bishop custom, completed. He's not bad except the hair piece. Too hard to do anything but the most basic with the tool I use. Minimate hair should fit though.

• 2 weeks later...

In my continuing quest for a clean Bishiop, I bought a cheap drawing tablet and basically tried to trace over a photo of "Soiled Bishop". It actually came out not too bad considering it was the very first thing I tried after unboxing the tablet. Still too ugly to post a pic though. Also, he's got kind of a surprised expression. "I don' remember having an Alien tail poking though my chest yesterday. Hmm."   I think with a little more experience, I should be able to make something half decent looking.

However, my offer is still open and I'm open to negotiations. Anything in my 3d printed collection is potentially on the table and I've got a decent MIB collection as well. I'm not going to inventory but I've got all Trek and BSG mates in package, and a bunch of older Marvel stuff. I would have thought a 1:1 scale mate-like 3d printed block figure would have been of more interest.  But anything for that Bishop face. 😆

i thought that's what you were up to! I had to double-check that we never got a clean bishop and got sidetracked but so so glad to see your efforts!

'soiled Bishop' indeed, poor bloke took a bashing :P 

i don't think i'll be much help with bishopsheadmate, yet (maybe i'll try a hand), just an excited party checking in!

• 1 month later...

Just to follow up on this. Dave kindly took me up on the offer and created a Bishop face for me.

I used my technique of printing on clear sticker paper and painting the backside of the eyes white. It didnt\'t come out great. I'll post a photo once I get a chance to print on white sticker paper.

Thanks Dave!

Thanks for the follow-up cylonchaney, glad to hear someone helped out! Your customising efforts are always so interesting and I look forward to a clean Bishop draft you're ready to let face the world 😛 

• 4 weeks later...

A further follow up. I still have not printed a nice version of Dave's Bishop face. In the meantime, continuing to learn the tools I'm working with, I came up with a better rip off of DST's face. You can see my workflow below. Once I've got a full sheet worth of stuff to print, I'll have a face off. Dave's vs. my traced version vs. this version.

Also, Hail Ivan! The starting photo is from minimatedatabase.

Screenshot from 2023-09-16 12-21-18

I think I like the third from last one the best. 

The third one is my second favorite, although he looks so sad in that one. Like he just found out Newt didn't make it....

• 2 weeks later...