UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What will you give up

maxcarnage

I'll just quit my gym membership since I'm buff enough as it is. :rolleyes:

I'm going with the "not eating" method myself. I figure I've acquired enough reserves over the past fifteen years to last a few weeks.

I have stop collecting all toy BUT minimates. I don't even go to places that might have action figures I would be tempted to buy. this makes it very hard to shop for... well anything.

What are you giving up?

I've given up buying trades from Forbidden Planet, I'm now buying them from Amazon - which means I'm waiting until March to get last week's books, but it's costing me about half.

Other than that, I'm relying on the waning numbers of Transformers (I'm not interested in the movie toys or titaniums) to keep me in enough cash.

Mind you, I could do with losing weight, so the not eating method might work as well.

Jo

I've given up everything except Minimates. That's right, I have officially sold all my LEGOs and my Marvel Legends and as of 2007 I am a One-Minimate-Man. Minimates are now the sold desire of my collective being. Of course, I'm still working on my extensive DVD collection (420 and counting) but that is a different kind of thing :). neo

Long ago, I decided to quit buying everything except for my most loved lines. That was MiniMates, Stikfas, Star Wars 3.75 figures, and LEGO. I'm only a completist with MiniMates and Stikfas (and even then, I don't get everything; I pass on the blanks with the logos in both lines).

Lucky for me, I just got a new job with a big raise, so I'm not having to give up anything new for all these MiniMates. Dodged a bullet with that one!

I don't collect much else in any completeist fashion. I have a few stautes and busts and a whole lotta Hulk stuff. Its my motorcycle that competes for my minimates money. I've put $2K into that bike since December!

Food.

In all honesty, I've been on a special diet for the past four weeks. I've dropped over 20 lbs so far, and I'm getting closer to my skinny high school weight. I'm saving a ton because I don't eat out anymore.

That's a great idea! Now all of us (I'm sure there are a few) who have thought they could stand to lose a few pounds, and gain a few minimates can trade! I bet minimates are pretty good incentive to start dieting.