UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tuesdays Announcement = Bearded Thor/Loki!

AdyCarter

Na, hes not. Because most minimates fans moaned consistently about there being no Thor for so long, tomorrows announcement is Thor w/o hat and Ultimate Thor. Its a Thor wave, one for every spidey! Ha ha ha. I like them though, look cool, and, if they are doing avengers then isnt Iron Spidey still a member in a round about way?!?!?! I would think that would be cool!

Uhm ... I thought it said that each site was going to reveal 1 a day for 7 days.

Am I looney?

Someone needs to get BT a shirt and quick. Plus, great choice for his partner. WOOT!

Nope, all 7 will be announced by Friday...

Assume stop the complaining or assume being a variant? Or both? :P

The logical assumption would be that its the variant. They've never had two of the same character in a wave without one been a variant.

All I can say, is that I'm glad to be wrong. Looks like we'll finally be getting a villain, seeing as the last one was, what, Sandman?

And given how close to the original he looks, I'd say bearded Thor will be the variant of the wave. Guess we can throw darn near everyone's guess out the window as far as chases go. Bearded Thor/Loki would have made a wonderful summer exclusive.

I'm so excited now, that I'll even forgive the Emma Frost cape reuse!

And bad as I want an Iron Spidey, I hope he sits this wave out.

Assume stop the complaining or assume being a variant? Or both? :P

The logical assumption would be that its the variant. They've never had two of the same character in a wave without one been a variant.

Yeah, that makes sense. Back on topic, Why did they use a wrap around head piece for Loki, instead of just a cap? I don't know much about the character, does he have that wrap around thing naturally?

*crying tears of joy*

Loki... it's really him! How perfect is this, the very first villain to be associated with the Avengers is now in the wave dedicated to them! This month may well become the single greatest month for announcements in Minimate history, between these and the arrival of 2" Star Trek. I am so very happy right now. This wave is now one run short of that grand slam I was rambling about yesterday.

Bearded Thor as the variant? Perfect! I don't need to get him. But a standard Thor packed with Loki? Double Perfect! Gotta get that set.

Sure, they can offer a bearded variant but not an Ultimate variant.

Unless of course this turns out to be an all-Thor wave. That'd be quite an apology.

If Ultimates 2 ever finishes, maybe we'll see an Ultimates wave, featuring the Odinson. As for bearded Thor, generally, the variant has been a simple repaint of the non-variant figure. Ultimate Thor, to do him justice, would have required retooled hammer and different hair, at least.

Thor vs. Loki. Hammer vs. Cup. Who's gonna win?

Plus, do I feel a wave with accessories with every figure? I think I smell a Hawkeye with bow, arrow, and quiver. :thumbsup:

Hey TBT, weren't you asking for some more accessories like beer bottles in scale with Iron Man? Think this will be okay with you? :)