UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-man 3

Slipperyduckie

I heard it was a TAS style origin, ala J.J.J.Jr bringing it back accidentally from space.

That would be the easiest route I think. The Secret Wars origin is cool, but a whole movie in itself.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully that's not the final version of Goblin...

Kinda looks like he would get pissed and throw pumpkin bombs at you if you took the best wave of the day down at the beach...

If that's the final version of Venom though then my body shall be moving towards a cinema rather quickly to book me a seat

I was slightly hoping they'd use Ultimate Venom's origin. I'm not overly fond of the one uses in the animated series. None the less, Venom looks great in my opinion.

Only problem with Ultimate Venom's origins is that it would take too long to set up the back story. You'd have to look at Peter's parents' past, particularly his father's, then you'd have to set up the whole Venom project, then, you'd have to introduce Eddie Brock as a childhood friend or acquantance, look at his past, then you'd have to establish his connection to Dr. Connors, who we've already seen in the past two movies with a larger relationship to Peter than would allow Brock to go unnoticed for the two movies, and so on.

The cartoon origin is much more neat and allows the loopholes necessary to plug into the third movie. Eddie Brock can be established as just about anyone who feels "wronged" by Spider-Man and/or Peter Parker. The symbiote can come from space with little to no explanation.

venom looks awesome!

hobgoblin/green goblin 2 just looks stupid i think he has the old glider in the trailers unless he changes it........

i cant see this fitting in to a two hour slot

Maybye three hous! :blackspidey:

id go and sit there but i cant see the kiddys watching it you know what the kids of todays attention spans are like!

Looking at the preview trailer and pausing it just at the right moment, reveals the Green Goblin and the drawing does suggest that is how he is going to look like... well the glider looks the same, not sure about how he looks as the glimpse is fleeting.

cheers,

Tk

According to CNN, the new trailer's going to hit at 10pm EST tonight, after CSI on CBS, before South Park on Comedy Central, as well as on other channels such as Spike, MTV, and oddly enough BET (why BET? I know that people of all races can equally enjoy Spider-Man, but doesn't BET feature programs featuring predominantly black people, hince the B? Perhaps I'm looking at this too analytically)

I heard it was a TAS style origin, ala J.J.J.Jr bringing it back accidentally from space.

That would be the easiest route I think. The Secret Wars origin is cool, but a whole movie in itself.

I think a meteor lands in new york and the scientist saws it open and out comes this black goo that kills him...... or something like that.

Yeah, I almost shot steam out my ears when they opted to show the trailer after the opening segment of Shark, rather than after CSI as I was expecting. But then, once it showed, I got excited again.

It seems the earlier rumor that Sandman was involved in Ben's killing was true. Also, it seems Sandman's power is obtained through some machine, rather than nuclear testing on a beach, which actually fits a little closer to reality (assuming a person who can transform himself into living sand is in fact based in the realms of reality) as the whole nuclear accident origin is too played out.

Osborn will be donning some sort of Goblin gear in a bid to get revenge on Peter, though he seems to be more of a throwaway villain for the symbiote-infected Spidey to beat some aggression out on.

I agree that it was interesting to not see Venom in any capacity in the trailer, though Brock was definitely shoved down our throats in his crowd shots and his hounding Spider-Man with the camera. Also interesting to note that Gwen was not shown in any capacity, though she had been before in the teaser trailer.

All that said, here's what I think will happen:

Peter's life is looking up. He's got the girl, and he seems to have found a way to be Spidey and Peter effectively. Yeah, there's some old wounds, like Harry, but overall, life is moving on. Meanwhile, Flint Marko is escaping the law in some capacity. He finds himself obtaining some power over sand, while at about the same time, Peter is being infected by the symbiote. As Peter learns of more to his uncle's killing, the symbiote starts to turn him. Spider-Man starts to slip as a beloved hero and go back to being the "public menace", none of which is helped by the new photographer hounding him, Eddie Brock, or a pissed off Osborn. As Peter develops another side to himself, he starts to push his loved ones away, welcoming in the affection of one Gwen Stacy. His perfect world crumbling, it all escalates in a battle with Harry that will see Spidey go too far in his actions, which prompts Peter to ditch the new duds. The symbiote attaches itself to Brock, who has up until now harbored some ill-will towards either Spider-Man for perhaps some harsh treatment due in part to the symbiote, or Peter Parker, beloved photographer of the Daily Bugle, again possibly due to the symbiote's control. Venom is born and shows up in a final standoff between Spidey and Sandman, one which may see Sandman playing the role of an anti-hero, a la Doc Ock in Spider-Man 2. We know that despite killing Ben, Marko is supposed to be set up as a more three dimensional character, having his own motives driving him. It could be that his criminal actions have been mostly for a moral cause, one which caused him to be cast as a villain. So, Spidey and Sandman work over Venom and defeat him, with Sandman escaping, reforming, being captured, or killed in the process. The movie could either end happily, with everything tied up and no ill feelings from anyone, leaving the film open to sequels without being obligated to have one; or it could end darkly, with one or more of the villains being shown as laying in wait for another chance at Parker's head, or one or more of the loved ones being alienated due to the symbiote-controlled Peter's actions. And somewhere in all of this, we see a more comic relief villain in Bruce Campbell's Mysterio. :lol:

I'd say, of the characters, I wouldn't be surprised to see Harry, Aunt May, or Gwen Stacy die. MJ and Peter are long shots. For villains, should Mysterio appear, he'll be taken alive, whereas Sandman has a 50/50 shot of biting the big one, depending on how they portray the character. I can see Venom being taken alive, with perhaps the symbiote dying (or vice versa), but at the same time, if they decide to portray Venom as the badass anti-Spidey that we've seen before, it wouldn't be too surprising if they had to kill him. I'm still in firm belief that any ending to this movie, be it dead villains or captured ones, we're left with enough threads to see a Sinister Something down the line. After all, Norman survived the glider accident in the comics, and we never got a guaranteed answer on whether Octavius was dead. It wouldn't be a stretch to see Norman show up from behind the scenes, particularly if his son dies, and Octavius rescued by the wayward AI of his arms. With Sandman and Venom in this film, you have four possible villains to unite later down the road. So, if we see a Spidey 4 and 5, don't be surprised if in Spidey 6, we see The Six.

Yay! Good B-Day Movie for antacost this year.... Saw the first Spidey on my B-Day... Twice!

Movie looks good. Can't wait to see more.

As far as the storytelling and pacing and all that, it looks to be amazing.

As far as the cgi effects & rendering... ugh. I'm hoping what we see in that new trailer is unfinished. But I doubt it.

But alas, I trust Raimi to make this a well told story. Fortunately it's the story that matters and not the cgi B)

B)-->

QUOTE(Donny B @ Nov 9 2006, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fortunately it's the story that matters and not the cgi B)

It's too bad more producers don't share your view TK, at times it seems that CGI is used as a story-subtitute instead of an enhancer.

I did enjoy the trailer but I'm confused about the whole Sandman killing Ben thing...

It's too bad more producers don't share your view TK, at times it seems that CGI is used as a story-subtitute instead of an enhancer.

I did enjoy the trailer but I'm confused about the whole Sandman killing Ben thing...

Unless your thinking about me, but im sure your not... I didnt make that comment <G> Donny did.

cheers,

Tk

:jawdrop: And there's still another villian that has yet to be revealed!

I'm taking a day off when this is released, so I can take in all the awesome this film contains.

i saw the preveiw and i know who the villan is