UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Birthday Elephant 2015: Age of Elephantron

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good guess! There is something else that will be on its way to you, but the artist took forever to get it to me.

The Gibbons Girls Bakery is my girlfriends company, in fact you are the first person we have had to sent to internationally so I'm delighted they made it to you in one piece.

The idea behind it was sending you a UK comic con experience in a box. We do the London cons, Soapasaurus do most UK shows, and the artist does most of the shows throughout the country too.

Oh wonderful! Thank you. And please thank your girlfriend for me. The cookies, or - i guess they'd be 'biscuits' if they're from the UK - made it all the way here in one piece. The detail on them was amazing. I had one for dessert every night last week :)

I actually shared them on Instagram too, i thought they were so cute :P

I tried linking them to the GGbakery instagram, but i think the page might accoutn might be dead :(

My account can be found at disc0naut

If i've linked it wrong, let me know so i can fix it up and direct some traffic to the right place.

image_zpsavhuwvvh.jpg

So there was no guessing involved! haha Thanks Kosti

image_zpsliurll15.jpg

So inside I received five books, four of the Now! T-Bolts and one Darth Vader. Really cool, I can't wait to read an actual book, I've been reading digital on my iPad for years. Also a huge bag of stands... Kosti don't you need these? sixteen stands and three flight bases, thank you, I can never have too many stands!

image_zpskhf3s1cd.jpg

Next up was the Valiant 2-Pack. I was very excited to get these, and although I had no idea who they were originally, I've done some research and think Bloodshot is perfect. He is a definitive version of the character and I'm not sure what else they could do, maybe a peg on the back to store the gun? XO... I love the tampos, and the paint, but like many of you I wish he had the helmet he had in the concept photo. He has a generic MM face that doesn't do much for me, and there is no sheen on there that makes it look like he has a visor. The sword? I think I'll try to sculpt one.

image_zpsrscmjh8g.jpg

And then there was the Pathfinder Box Set. I had it already, but you can never have enough goblins. I also think I'll swap heads on the Dwarf and Warrior to build a small corps. The Elf, I think l'll tell myself she has a twin.

image_zpsf7zftcmi.jpg

I've sent Kostis a message asking who these guys are. I wanted to share with you all who they were, but he hasn't replied yet, check your messages man haha. Obviously the archer is Hawkeye, but I'm not sure who the other two are. Nice detail work on these, I can't wait to find who they are. Thanks so much Kosti, I was excited to see what you came up with and very much enjoyed you gifts!!

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, time differences Yeah, the customs are Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye based on their Ultimate looks. As for the stands, nah, I don't display all of my mates so I can spare some. I'd have added something extra but I have my finals in less than a month and it's all pretty hectic here. Anyway, I'm glad that you liked them!

PS: No new PMs show up on my messages though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not very good at waiting -- patience is NOT one of my virtues -- so when this package arrived today, I opened it.

post-2123-0-66123400-1431025957_thumb.jp post-2123-0-67604900-1431025983_thumb.jp post-2123-0-70809800-1431026030_thumb.jp post-2123-0-13347300-1431026041_thumb.jp post-2123-0-14678800-1431026052_thumb.jp

Seriously amazing from start to finish! The wrapping paper, the card, the candy & all the other goodies! I don't know if you can see the custom Rocket Skywalker amongst everything, but he is soooo cute! So many treats that I went from squeeing to crying/shaking in no time flat. smile.png

Thank you so so so so so very much, J (YB)!!

• 2 weeks later...

I tried linking them to the GGbakery instagram, but i think the page might accoutn might be dead :(

My account can be found at disc0naut

If i've linked it wrong, let me know so i can fix it up and direct some traffic to the right place.

Thanks for trying Nessex. Will pass on your details and see if we can find you.

Now things are a bit more settled my end, I will open up my Birthday parcel. Been sitting with me for a while, and just waiting for a quiet moment...will post details this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to opening my parcel last week, and now the long delayed photo!

Thanks so much to my elephant. Weirdly I got a pack of beaver nuggets from my secret Santa as well. They are reeeeeal tasty. Love them!

And now I have most of the Lego Movie gang, just need to grab a Wyldstyle off eBay and everyone will be here!

I reckon my elephant was Luke, as the return address said 'Luke Porter' so not a great deal of detective work needed on that one :lol:

Thanks again!! We're moving house soon, and as soon as I have my den set up, I will get right on assembling the set. Can't wait!

post-2082-0-05470400-1432760120_thumb.jp

Aaaaaand - then something else arrived in the mail!

79fe0566-93e8-4f8b-9b13-53900b36a4c6.jpg

It's a custom moleskin notebook by artist Jellie Bee, featuring MR SINISTER!!!!

UK - Dude.... i LOVE this thank you so much. It's adorable.

I don't know if i'll ever be able to write in it for fear of ruining it. You have gone above and beyond.

Finally got round to opening my parcel last week, and now the long delayed photo!

I love that set. Many of the main characters, glow in the dark parts AND the Double Decker Couch? Count me in!

• 3 weeks later...

So I got my Elephant's birthday package in the mail today, which was late as my birthday was the end of May

ghostnusters-2-cheech.jpg

"Well, better late than never"

Which is ok, I know how life goes, and I was late last year with my birthday elephant gift due to unforeseen circumstances

And so I opened it to find

DSC_0018_zpscxt2s4ol.jpg

and a bag of flight stands which I've all ready put to use.

When I first opened the box of course I saw the "Love This Town" box set, which was the last of the Ghostbusters Minimates I hadn't been able to acquire as of yet, so yay for completion! Was super excited to get that, always happy to get flightstands (I LOVE FLIGHTSTANDS!), and the Dr Who keychain was icing on the cake, love me a little blue tardis.

Then I saw the Marshmallow Mess minimate, I was curious why my Elephant had included him as I noted in my description I had ALL the GB minimates except the aforementioned boxset...

then I saw his face

DSC_0025_zpssjgmkwp9.jpg

IT. WAS. ME!

I had commissioned Luke years ago to make a Ghostbuster Minimate based on me including my black suit, my nametag, and my Maple Leaf logo in place of the regular logo

and now, I have a Marshmallow Mess variant of ME! The face is different, looking very sad to be covered in goo, and the nametag and Maple leaf No Ghost logo are still visible through the goo as well! I lit up like a christmas tree when I realized I now had a second Minimate based on my likeness!

So, while guessing is not my strong suit, I would say LUKE is my Elephant this year! Thank you SO much, Marshmallow Mess Me looks amazing! He's going front and center (with my other me) on my Minimate shelf!