UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Defenders TV shows

karamazov80

Yeah, I don't see this becoming the Defenders I know from the comics, unfortunately. Maybe they will still be wacky and dysfunctional, though. I haven't seen any of the Agents of SHIELD episodes yet.

I'm more excited about Iron Fist and Luke Cage. We finally get to add more to the mystical aspect of the Marvel movie-verse. Will this tie in with the movies at all, though?

Yeah, I think Daredevil could work extremely well, especially since they can balance out the cost of special effects and stunts with courtroom scenes. My only concern out of all the series is that Iron Fist's origin and story might get short changed for budget reasons. Still, it's great news and something that would have seemed completely crazy not all that long ago. Hope they keep it all part of the MCU.

I wonder if they're going to go with Ray Parks for Iron Fist, like he was rumored to be about 10 years ago...

This seems like extremely cool news, and definitely solidifies Netflix as a serious player in the industry (not that it was hard to see it coming). Disney doesn't back stuff like this unless they're confident in it (it reminds me of the HD/bluray war that was essentially declared 'over' once Disney chose to back bluray)

I like how Marvel is doing some unconventional and ambitious things like this. With the debate of how soon the Marvel movie bubble will burst, it's good knowing that Marvel is thinking outside of the box with new properties (like GOTG) and diversifying their delivery options (Theatrical releases, then standard tv, now Netflix) ... I'm very interested in seeing where they take things next.

And personally, I'm thinking Jessica Jones' series might prove to be my favorite. I've been intrigued by the idea ever since I first heard about them shopping it around... Though for the moment, I'm most excited about the potential with a Daredevil series. I can't wait to see how they weave the shows together. I love the long play with this type of thing...

The only thing that has me worried is that this is being produced by ABC and Marvel Television. Netflix's original shows have been outta this world good. Agents of SHIELD is shockingly bad (and I'm past of the built in audience). Hopefully Netflix will be able to steer the ship to get these shows in line with the other quality shows they air. If there's not a significant step up from AoS, Marvel TV well have lost me.

Shockingly bad? Seriously?

I'm not quite ready to play the casting game yet, but I'm pretty sure Ray Park is much older than they would want for Iron Fist. I do think it would be a really good idea to have someone with some martial arts experience, or at least a willingness to put in a lot of time so they could do stunt work.