UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What would be the best way of composing a proper Cabal?

Zexion_Armando

I've been itching to make a proper Cabal, since now I have completed my Illuminati group (thanks for nothing, T'Challa)

1c856f0d-cd2a-4146-8d40-dddcbfc12049_zps

(For those who don't know, its a group formed by the smartest and most valued people in the MU, aka: Mister Fantastic, Iron Man, Black Bolt, Professor X, Namor the Sub Mariner, Black Panther, and Dr. Strange. omposed of nearly every representation of every corner of Earth 616, such as the master of science, engineering, Inhumans and the Moon, mutants and genetics, the Ocean, spirituality and Wakanda, and magic.)

The Cabal, is the Antithesis of that, composed of villains. The most famous incarnation was formed during Norman Osborn's Dark Reign (Comprised of him, Lady Loki, Emma Frost, Dr. Doom, Namor again, and the Hood). I feel its kind of a mistake (Emma only joined so she could have the government on the X-men side, which failed. Namor I feel is pointless to be on both, since he hasn't had a villainous streak since the bronze age, lol. The Hood sucks, and thats that.)

So I was hoping for the MMMV team to help me make a perfect team of 7 villains to make this a perfect minimate Cabal. Main thing is they have to represent either a direct opposition of every illuminati member, or represent a corner of Earth.

I think Acts of Vengance would make a good mirror group. Organized by Loki, it consisted of Doctor Doom, Kingpin, Magneto, Mandarin, Red Skull, and Wizard. I think that covers a pretty good spread of the variety of villains in the MU.

You could throw together a Wizard with a IM3 Silver Centurion and repainted Master head.

Edited by Doctom

I think Acts of Vengance would make a good mirror group. Organized by Loki, it consisted of Doctor Doom, Kingpin, Magneto, Mandarin, Red Skull, and Wizard. I think that covers a pretty good spread of the variety of villains in the MU.

You could throw together a Wizard with a IM3 Silver Centurion and repainted Master head.

That seems good, except I wouldn't want to include Magneto. I want characters who are still villains, not heroes or... um... Jump from one team to another every 3 years, lol.

Didn't Taskmaster get in the Cabal for a quick second?

Yeah, after Namor and Emma left. But I was wanting to make a full fledge one, and Taskmaster doesn't really cover any front that Kingpin/Norman doesn't cover.

Yeah, I was thinking Sinister would be a good replacement for Emma for the Mutant side. Apocalypse isn't as villainous as Sinister has been, with all the things he has done to Scott, Jean, etc.

I was thinking MODOK too, but I also considered Arnim or Red Skull.

For Sure, I was thinking Dormammu, Loki, and either Anihilllus or Kang.

I wish you could make this group:

Maximus the Mad = Black Bolt

Dr. Doom = Mr. Fantastic

Cassandra Nova = Prof. X

Baron Mordu = Dr. Strange

Mandarin = Iron Man

Attuma = Namor

Man-Ape = Black Panther

-----

Actual feasible "mirror" lineup:

Blastaar (?) = Black bolt

Dr. Doom = Mr. Fantastic

Sinister = Prof. X

Dormammu = Dr. Strange

Mandarin = Iron Man

? = Namor

Klaw = Black Panther

Edited by emperorshotz

I want a Cassandra Nova mate so bad. I guess you can draw old lady lines on Black Queen Jean Grey lol...

I think I have it finalized.

It may seem odd, but the logic is mostly sound.

Professor X = Mister Sinister (Both are leading experts on mutant genetics, extremely intelligent, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sinister didn't have telepathy in his random assortment of stolen and duplicated powers lol. plus both have an obsession with Jean Grey and Scott Summers.)

Black Bolt = Anihillus (Both are cosmic kings/dictators of their domains, leading a specific sentient race. Really, not much else to compare. I'm mostly unfamiliar with Black Bolt....)

Black Panther = Dr. Doom (both are kings, and masters of science and magic. While T'Challa veers into spirits and his Panther Cult, Doom goes into Gypsy demonology and mysticism. Also, both are leaders of the 2 most advanced nations on the planet.)

Dr. Strange = Dormammu (Both are masters of magic, have been at war with each other for decades, and have fabulous taste in clothing, lol. Aside from Shuma Gorath and the abstracts, no other enemy comes close when it comes to a mystic onslaught.)

Mister Fantastic = Kang the Conqueror (This is the only sketchy one. I'm thinking of switching Doom and Kang, since Kang can technically be called a pharoh, if I recall correctly. But Kang has no mystic powers, I think. Only super tech and over zealous planning... Which I think matches Mister Fantastic more, except replace deus ex time travel equipment with deus ex invented equipment. If someone is more familiar with Kang, I'd like to hear it. Or arguments in favor of MODOK or Zola or Skull)

Namor = Loki (Both are half breed royalty, both have incessently attempted to conquer a specific domain, aka land/Asgard. Both have joined a hero's team at times, and both are exceedingly arrogant. Plus, both have a fondness for staves.)

Tony Stark = Norman Osborn (Both have been leaders of SHIELD, political icons who fell from grace due to psychological problems, aka alcoholism/schizophrenia. Both also have nice suits of armor and have formed teams of Avengers.)

f594248a-f560-44c7-b038-a7d8fc239b5f_zps

What do y'all think? I'm welcome to suggestions lol

I had the same exact problem last week but here's what i settled on:

Mr. Fantastic- Kang (He is named Nathaniel Richards and some sources say that he's related to both Reed and Doom while also being a super smart time traveller)

Professor X- Mr. Sinister [both are geniuses and are in a way the exact opposite of each other (Sinister is isn't interested in the survival of the fittest as much as Apocalypse thus making him a better rival for Xavier)]

Black Bolt- Annihilus [both rule their own kingdom (though in Annihilus case it's a whole dimension) and BB doesn't have any big villains aside from his brother]

Black Panther- Doom (Both blend magic and technology together)

Iron Man- Iron Patriot (Norman is the exact opposite of Stark since both have led their respective Avengers teams, are geniuses and all that)/MODOK [since

Norman is more known for his role as the Green Goblin and if in your universe Normie still is the GG, MODOK is a very good alternative (if you go by the game universe it's Aldrich Killian who after the final batle became MODOK)]

Dr. Strange- Dormammu (they are mortal enemies and while they have made some alliances in the past they still are the exact opposites of each other)

Namor- Loki ( both are half blooded royalty, arrogant and have changed alliances many times)

Edited by Kostisfire

I can't believe they ever had Magneto on the same team as the Red Skull. Would never happen.

Magneto took care of the Red Skull, almost permanently, after Acts of Vengeance.
One of the all-time greatest comic moments.
Here it is http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/2328240.html Edited by Zak Katz