UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Quality Control

Not too sure if this is the right place, and I know this is about an older mate, but either way...

I have now bought three version of the old Kabuki MM and all three have had issues. Mainly regarding pegs, the first had a broken shoulder, the second the left leg peg was snapped, the torso paint was smudged and the arms loose and the third had both legs broken off.

Was this set particularly prone to breaking?

And to give this post a point, what's the worst case of breakage you've had, in regards to the same mate?

That indie set is 'from what I've read here' ....notorious.

I must be luckier than most because I don't suffer as much as some people do but it can't be coincidence that Hydroman breaks every time I open a new one......esp. when my break-rate is nigh on nil with everything else.

Max Sentinels & Galactii break just by looking at them.

The Iron Man that comes with 'the best Minimate almost-ever (Rhino) is hopeless & generally legless.

Early Nightcrawler sucks..

Hulkbuster's helmet/lid .....I had to buy 43 of them to get one that fitted correctly*

*a joke

I got a Guile mate with only one foot and a Mumra with a busted knee. And every now and then I get figures with two left or two right arms. But now I try and check out the figures through the package to make sure all is right.

I have to rely on the internet for mates, as the only place I have ever seen them was in Yorkshire, six hours away from where I live.

Until Kabuki I had only ever had one problem, one of my Thing minimates had two left legs. One Kabuki came in a boxset, where all the other 3 were fine, and the other two came loose from ebay.