UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Justice League/ JLU watch-along

undeadpool

awhile ago some members here did a watch along for Avengers EMH, we would watch the episodes and offer commentary as we go, I was thinking of hosting something like this for Justice League/JLU which were both just added to Netflix, I was thinking you'd get so many days (maybe a week?) to watch the episode we are on as a group then after that anyone can offer commentary, spoilers, thoughts or predictions (believe it or not, there are those who have never watched the show)

Let me know if anyones interested, I just thought this could be a fun thing to do centered around the show that made my childhood (well...one of them)

tumblr_mkshzl8aRw1rr0x4wo1_500_zps234d15

JUSTICE LEAGUE/ JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED WATCH-THROUGH

Week 1: April 10th 2013 - April 17th 2013

Episodes:

1. Secret Origins Part 1

2. Secret Origins Part 2

3. Secret Origins Part 3

Week 2: April 17th 2013 - April 24th 2013

Episodes:

4. In Blackest Night Part 1

5. In Blackest Night Part 2

Week 3: April 24th 2013 - May 1st 2013

Episodes:

6. The Enemy Below Part 1

7. The Enemy Below Part 2

Week 4: May 1st 2013 - May 8th 2013

8(18). Injustice For All Part 1

9(19). Injustice For All Part 2

Edited by undeadpool

Baghead, while I love Brave and the Bold, I will say JL is the best dc animated series out there, the only two that compare or are better are Batman TAS and Young Justice

so the way I was thinking of doing this is everyone gets a week to watch the scheduled episode(s) (most of the first series had 2 parters) and then once that week is up, spoilers discussion and prediction are free reign

I will be posting the schedule here and it may be different than the listings on netflix because the listing on netflix is actually not in chronological order (for a few of the episodes, such as "Injustice for All") so i'll have a correct viewing order here.

People are free to go past the scheduled watching, but only discussion on the episodes everyone has seen is permitted.

do these rules sound good to everyone?

I like it. Huge fan of JL / JLU.

This set the bar for everything else. The closest Marvel has gotten so far is EMH, which I also enjoyed.

alright then, here we go:

JUSTICE LEAGUE/ JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED WATCH-THROUGH

Week 1: April 10th 2013 - April 17th 2013

Episodes:

1. Secret Origins Part 1

2. Secret Origins Part 2

3. Secret Origins Part 3

Week 2: April 17th 2013 - April 24th 2013

Episodes:

4. In Blackest Night Part 1

5. In Blackest Night Part 2

Week 3: April 24th 2013 - May 1st 2013

Episodes:

6. The Enemy Below Part 1

7. The Enemy Below Part 2

Week 4: May 1st 2013 - May 8th 2013

8(18). Injustice For All Part 1

9(19). Injustice For All Part 2

Does this work for everyone? we can watch them quicker I just dont know how much time everyone has on their hands, also this is only the first four weeks because I wanted to get up to the point where Netflix's ordering made a mistake. I will be posting this in the original post.

Edited by undeadpool

I'd say they are based on a mix of the White Martians from DC (they are white colored shapeshifting aliens who have taken over mars), and the Kree.

also in case anyone is unsure, the Flash in this is Wally West and not Barry Allen, though I believe he is sort of in Barry's place

indeed, Wally effectively takes Barry's place in Timm's DCAU, just as Kyle Rainer takes Hal's place as GL (via Superman: The Animated Series) ... I love that this iteration of the Justice League builds off of the continuity of the Batman and Superman shows that preceded it.

I couldn't tell if everyone but Wonder Woman knew or at least were familiar with eachother or it was just convinent to the plot that everyone trusted eachother and worked together. My kids were talking a lot during the 2nd episode so I may have missed this.

though in Superman the Animated Series, Kyle got his ring the same way Hal did didnt he?

and later in the series Hal actually does have a tiny TINY cameo.

and I too love that this builds on the previous shows, but also doesnt rely on them, it just uses them as some of the foundation for future events

oh and Lokash

Flash met Superman in Superman TAS

Batman and Superman have met in both their animated series

Superman met Kyle Rayner as the GL in his show so he is familiar with the concept of GL's

Hawkgirl I believe is a new party as is Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter

Edited by undeadpool

STAS was fantastic, and could be considered the more important of the two when in relation to JL, but dont worry, that doesnt mean you cant enjoy JL without it wink.png

also I love the inclusion of lesser known characters like Snapper Carr biggrin.png

Edited by undeadpool

GAH! This thing just jumped to two pages overnight!

Yeah, I'm in. I was slowly re-working my way through Superman, but I'll just jump ahead. I guess I should fire up the EMH thread too. Anyone object if we run both at the same time?

Oh, and I want to try something new. Please LMK if there are any specific scenes that you really like. I'm going to attempt to put my MLP experience to good use.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

TM2 are you going to try and make gifs? screen caps? or something else?

also If people are wanting to do another EMH watch through or continue the last one to the second season Im all for it, to be honest Im up for any Marvel/DC watch throughs or even a Ben 10 or GI Joe Renegades watch through. But I will be committing my focus to this one in terms of management.

also TM2, you still have till Wednesday to watch the first 3 episodes, no rush :)

Does anyone in the UK with Netflix know if we have the same sort of 'catalogue' as the US guys? I'd love to watch along with this, but my past experience of Netflix (a couple of years back) suggests that we won't have JL, as the US had a far greater selection of shows and movies than we got.