UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate-sized accessory ideas wanted

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing I'd like would be a lion-o armor. Have it light blue like the official one with his and exposed. Seeing as it was tampoed I think he loses some of his buff and would really,really like one.

And one more thing that could work as a Boxset would be the outfits of all the doctors (1-11). Not a whole mate which would be an exact copy,just a box with each doctor's hairpiece and clothes (scarf and coat for baker,jacket for eccleston and so on). It would be copyright infingment since they are just clothes and it would help us with our dr who customs.

As much as I like Thundercats or especially the Doctor myself - thanks Luke, remember those DVDs you sent me once? It worked :biggrin: - I'm more for generic stuff rather than iconic pieces. I know that you could use some of these things as generic pieces as well, but still. Trademark loopholes or not. Just a thought.

As far as I see it, there are three groups of things people love to see: everyday life accessories, weapons and special effects. Love to see all of those. :thumbsup:

The lion-o armor piece could be just an armor without the hole.It could just be a knight's armor and then i for example would modify it.For the doctor you could release just some hair styles that aren't easy to replicate.The afro,tennant's,not everything.I was talking about stuff that could help finish a custom with some modifications.A scarf would be nice,or an umbrela and then we could paint it and create our custom of choice.It came of differently in my post but i was talking about generic stuff (no trademarking,just plain suits,bow ties,ties,etc) that someone could buy and modify to create what he wants.

Edited by Kostisfire

Hey Luke, just thinking out loud, but this could be a cool contest idea, "design a part to be made "

Maybe have one or a few categories to choose from and enter the design to be voted on and possibly made. For example, hats/helmets or firearms/edged weapons or everyday stuff like a chair or umbrella just to name a few.

Not sure if this is doable or not, but how a bouut a new mini gungatling gun mold?

I know there has already been one (from the T2 line I believe), but could you remold it to be... more BADASS, for one. :biggrin:

But secondly, and most importantly, could it have two grip points that were designed specifically with the Minimate's articulation in mind? I realize that making a figure actually hold a gatling gun (from the provided/realistic grip points. similar to a chainsaw's handles) is quite difficult, but if a gatling gun were designed specifically with how the Minimate itself is articulated, I'm sure it would be possible to have it be held with both hands.

I bring this up because I just found this gatling gun fram a crappy War Machine figure I found at Ross...

TBminigun012.jpg

TBminigun004.jpg

As you can see, I had to have the off hand kind of cradle it from the bottom. It would be great if it could be made to have a grip on the side of the gun. A place for the off hand to hold it.

Edited by MMao

Here's my ideas/wants;

Football helmets

Football pads

Straight Jacket

Gas masks (modern,ww1)

Leg guards

Shoulder pads

Sword/scabbard

Guitar (acoustic and electric)

Sledgehammer

Crowbar

Crossbow

Riot shield

Belt( full of pouches)

More guts for my lovely zombies

Damaged body parts for zombie customs

Old school diving helmets (similar to bioshock style)

Cats!

A head sculpt that was sculpted to look like head exploding!

• 5 months later...

Now that you have the 3D printer, time to revisit this thread!

German Helmets! I want to customize some Ratzi's for Captain America to beat up on, and I don't see DST making these guys.

BTTF Einstein - surely that breed of dog isn't trademarked :)

GB Ecto-1 - without the added greebles or insignia, it's just a car, right?