UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Femme Fatales wishlist thread!

hellpop

Intriguing question from the Minimate Q&A this week:

J.D. Stetson

Hello again! I was just going through my minimates collection and noticed there was a hole in a certain segment of my Marvel figures. Frankly there just aren’t enough figures based on female villains outside of the X-Men. This gave me an idea based on what I had read about the future of the Femme Fatales line ending after the second wave. Would it be possible to do a Marvel Femme Fatales four pack/exclusive? There are several characters to choose from: Viper, Enchantress, Madame Masque, Diamondback or Lady Octopus from Secret War (Does Spidey even have any female villians?). I’m sure there are others, and I think Mystique could be updated and reissued similar to the recent Hawkeye in the Disney store set if necessary. Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Can't seem to get Chuck's response to format, but it's basically "I can't see why we can't to a Marvel Femme Fatales set". I think this is a great idea, and it sounds like a fun thing to talk about. I like J.D.'s box set suggestions, though I'd probably drop Diamondback for... hmmm... this is harder then I thought. A new Mystique? Spiral? Titania? The female Yellowjacket? Morgan LeFey?

As for a Spider-Man set... it begins and ends with her:

MISC_whiterabbit_jackpot.jpg

I was thinking perhaps a 4 pack could be:

Madame Masque

Enchantress

Black Widow (Yelena Belova) Or Black Cat (Redo)

Mystique (Redo)

I think the problem with a set like that is that it doesn't have a big name to carry it, so lets blend them seamlessly into a big hitters wave:

Iron Man (NOW! or Rescue) /Madame Masque.

Thor (NOW! or Frog Thor) /Enchantress.

Cap America (NOW! or Commander Rogers)/ Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff).

Variant: Winter Soldier/ Black Widow (Yelena Belova).

TRU matching sets:

Wolverine ( NOW!) /Mystique (Redo).

Spidey (NOW!) / Black Cat (Redo).

We get femmes and DST gets its big seller names.

T.

Love the idea of a set like this. With a mixture of (minimal!) realism and hopeful wishlisting my choices would be:

Enchantress (much needed thor villain and fits the theme perfectly)

Medusa (if we don't get her in the current FF waves not quite sure when we will)

First appearance Black Widow (a semi big name after the avengers movie in a cool retro costume who again fits the theme perfectly)

Mary Jane or Black Cat (probably much more likely to sell with a spidey connection!)

However, I'd be pretty happy with most of the choices mentioned in place of either of those last 2 tbh.

When i think Femmes Fatales i think about women who are as dangerous as they are beautiful.... deadly, sneaky, knife-in-the-ribs dangerous. Covert, cloak & dagger types, rather than power-houses or leader-types. I feel like the title lends itself to women who operate in the shadows a bit.

With this in mind, i think the Marvel ladies most suited would include:

Domino, Typhoid Mary, Elektra, Mystique, Black Cat, Black Widow, Psylocke, Viper, X-23, SpiderWoman, Lady Bullseye, etc... Possibly even Hela, Lady Deathstrike. I'd like to include Spiral too - but she may not be quite 'shadowy' enough.

In any event, if a 4 pack ever did get announced of Marvel Femmes Fatales, i'd love to see Hela, Viper, Psylocke as Lady Mandarin & either an updated Lady Deathstrike or Spiral

Edited by Nessex

When i think Femmes Fatales i think about women who are as dangerous as they are beautiful.... deadly, sneaky, knife-in-the-ribs dangerous. Covert, cloak & dagger types, rather than power-houses or leader-types. I feel like the title lends itself to women who operate in the shadows a bit.

Based on previous Femme Fatale minimates, however, it doesn't seem like there is a precedent that they be cloak & dagger types.

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/series.php?i=211&n=Femme+Fatales+Minimates+Box+Sets

Here's a potentially fun one: evil versions of Marvel Heroines:

-Avengers Disassembled/House of M Scarlet Witch

-First Appearance Rogue

-Susan Richards as Malice

-Polaris as (a different) Malice

Or you could swap in a FA Black Widow, or Spider-Woman (who was originally a HYDRA agent), or Psylocke as Lady Mandarin (that's a good one, Nessex, I forgot about her), or Medusa (a former member of the Frightful Four), or Moondragon (originally a villain named, I swear, Madame MacEvil :biggrin:). Man, Marvel's ladies have some checkered histories, don't they?