• Chameleon variant
  • Invisible Woman variant
  • Emma Frost variant
  • Spider Woman variant
  • Ice Man variant
  • Sentry variant
  • Days of Futures Past Wolverine variant
  • Lilith variant
  • Giant Sized X-Men (original & Target version)
  • Ultimate Avengers 2 exclusives (Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America)
  • Thanos/Silver Surfer
  • Powerman/Iron Fist
  • Peter Parker/MJ
  • Fantastic Four exclusives
  • Ultimate Green Goblin
  • MK Daredevil/MK Ghost Rider
  • Wolverine/Mariko
  • Starbuck
  • Phoenix/Cyclops
  • Xavier/Magneto
  • Thing/Super Skrull
  • Iron Man/Silver Centurion
  • Darktide X-Men (Cyclops, Magneto, Wolverine, Juggernaut)
  • John Stewart
  • 4 Wizard World blanks
  • Red Cross/Bad Apple Comic blanks
  • ECCC "Lucky 25" 4-pack blanks
  • SDCC blank
  • Free Comic Book Day blank
  • Bombermate
  • 5 Classic Cylons
  • 5 Modern Cylons
  • Mini-Javelin w/Martian Manhunter & Flash
  • Stealth Batwing w/Batman & Bruce Wayne
  • Batcycle w/Batman & Man-Bat
  • Batcopter
I think that's everything. Given how hard it is to find the Batcycle, Javelin, and Batcopter, I figured I'd include those as "exclusives".

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much as I appreciate the amazing customisers on here, any customs I'd have would need to be made by me, however crappy. It doesn't feel right owning work done by someone else. I'm also not into prototypes.

For chases I have Invisible Woman. Nothing else, but then I've been picking and choosing from the Marvel line.

For exclusives I have:

Magneto and Prof. X (with Cerebro helmet)

Power Man and Iron Fist

Starbuck

John Stewart

I also have a Martian Manhunter, which may as well be exclusive.

Out of these, my favourite is Iron Fist, though my favourite Minimate is probably Nightwing, who was harder to get than the other exclusives.

Jo

• 4 months later...
One of them looks like it might have been (at least part of) the black spiderman prototype....

Noo! :o :biggrin: That was a good bag of stuff. Congrats on scoring the auction.

I will be at the WW Chicago, and if I see TBT, Shanester, Ady, Reideen 13, Mr. JL, Jatta, Fujis, drgnbrn, luke, lurch, or any other MMMV Super Star, I will kidnap any of you to get what I need. I am hogging all lanes...

So you going to WWC? Are you part of the Midwest?

One of them looks like it might have been (at least part of) the black spiderman prototype....

Noo! :o :biggrin: That was a good bag of stuff. Congrats on scoring the auction.

I will be at the WW Chicago, and if I see TBT, Shanester, Ady, Reideen 13, Mr. JL, Jatta, Fujis, drgnbrn, luke, lurch, or any other MMMV Super Star, I will kidnap any of you to get what I need. I am hogging all lanes...

So you going to WWC? Are you part of the Midwest?

From there originally, but I am an ATL dude now. Moms and family still live in the Chi.

You going to WW?

WW4M

I am updating my post:

I now have almost every 2" Minimate. The rarest piece I own is the Canopy prototype C3 piece from the unreleased "Big Javelin". I realized that after you collect all existing Minimates, your addiction soon turns to prototypes.

Pieces I will pick up if the oppurtunity permits include the 2003 Green Blank, the Crouching Tiger Mates, and Bruce Lee. Also, I need a Gold and Silver Spidey like a bad drug.

I also plan to augment my collection with customs from some of the regular customizers here on the board. I will bid or commission as the mood hits me. A lot of customizers on this board are turning out high quality art in my humble opinion. I'd love to own a pieces from MINI-MYTE, Luke314pi, antacost and many others.

Yeah, JL... You coming to WWC?

lol, right now it's 50-50. I usually go all four days, but it looks like it might be Saturday. We'll see.

I realized that after you collect all existing Minimates, your addiction soon turns to prototypes.

No doubt, that's all I have left to get. A minimate prototype. It continues to elude me.

• 1 month later...

Okay so we only got one teaser pic of what test mates are and one of a proto box you lovely people with all these wonderful connections how did you find test shot/ proto/ whatever, and why don't you allow the rest of us to vicariously live through you by showing pics. someone mentioned "bad drug" yeah I am about to reach that point at least with my current income. I am quickly closing in on having all the marvel and DC mates that are not above 30 bucks a piece. I know i will never allow myself to by a proto so how about showing the love for us broke unconnected fools. Please. Thanks.

wow...what is this the 3rd dead thread i have deceided to post in. i think i need a support group just for this site...

NO F'ING WAY how when where? come on you gotta tell there is most assuredly a story behind this that you have been dying to tell all of us but not found an opportune moment ... so... give with the details

There is and us 'old folk' have heard it Before but for those who haven't I'll let Kirby tell the story... ;)

BTW I think the reason why people are shy about posting pix or telling about proto's is that we're they're not supposed to have them as officially the manufacturer would never let them get outside of the company, licensor's dont like unapproved items out in the wilds with collectors etc.

T.

i've been lucky enough to aquire all the Marvel(regular and) variants from series one up to and including the series 16 bearded thor.

Santa spidey

Mr t

John stewart

all the variants for BSG including the promo Starbuck and elf cylon

FCBD and some of the Wizard and retailer blanks

all the C3s except Tactical Bats and the Javelin flash and Manhunter

i'd love to find a silver and/or gold spidey( but who wouldnt) but dont hold out much hope.

which of these is truly rare i dont know but i love them all! -M

can anyone who has any of the 2003 blanks tell me if they have any copyright info on them? they are the only ones I havent been able to get yet. thanks!

Jeff of the Minis

Some do, some don't. My loose blue one does, but both my loose red and green ones don't.

EDIT:

After checking my packaged blanks, I've found red, green, and yellow (in addition to the blue above) that have the copyright text. These packaged ones all have the Wizard World sticker, so I'm not sure if the non-copyrighted versions came from San Diego or Toy Fair.

can anyone who has any of the 2003 blanks tell me if they have any copyright info on them? they are the only ones I havent been able to get yet. thanks!

Jeff of the Minis

Some do, some don't. My loose blue one does, but both my loose red and green ones don't.

EDIT:

After checking my packaged blanks, I've found red, green, and yellow (in addition to the blue above) that have the copyright text. These packaged ones all have the Wizard World sticker, so I'm not sure if the non-copyrighted versions came from San Diego or Toy Fair.

Thanks Ivan

I got some pieces of 03 blanks in a lot on ebay...not enough to be any complete minis but there were no copyright info on them so I thought I should investigate in case these were more then just 03 pieces lol

Jeff of the Minis

Let's see...

I Have

Symbiote Black Suit Spider-Man Variant (Wave 2)

No Visor Cyclops Variant (Wave 3)

Stealth Iron Man Variant (Wave 6)

Invisible Emma Frost Variant (Wave 9)

Spider Woman 2 Variant (Wave 10)

Bearded Thor Variant (Wave 16)

Peter Parker & Mary Jane Exclusive

Gaijin Wolverine & Mariko Exclusive

Battle Damaged Captain America & Classic Punisher Exclusive

Classic Iron Man & Silver Centurion Exclusive

Power Man & Iron Fist Exclusive

Super Skrull

Ultimate Green Goblin

Fantastic Four Boxset

Cyclops and Dark Phoenix

Spider Man 3 2-Pack

Classic Spider Man Boxset

Marvel Zombies 2 Pack

Marvel Zombies Boxset

I listed all the variants and "exclusives" that I have...I know some are too rare, but I listed them anyway.