UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Pacific Rim and Godzilla

Trekker 42

I've noticed a lot of threads popping up for the various Marvel properties that were announced, but I really wanted to start a thread about the two movies that got me the most excited from the myriad of Comic Con reports. And there's no question that those are Pacific Rim and Godzilla.

I love Del Toro films. I love every Del Toro film I've ever seen. And Del Toro is doing a "giant f**king robots fighting giant f**king monsters" movie. Why yes. Yes I am excited. But more than that I'm stoked for what little we heard of the Godzilla remake. See, unlike before, Godzilla looks like Godzilla. And he doesn't have a hack director behind his movie this time. And they used the classic roar. And... and... [insert unintelligible fanboy excitement explosion here]

Seriously guys that panel alone made me wish I was at SDCC. That. Panel. Alone.

So yeah. Can't freakin wait.

post-1316-0-90030400-1342467601_thumb.jp

Edited by Trekker 42

Waiting for the clips and images shown to surface online. Both sounds really, really cool.

Please please please do Godzilla right, please.

Love the bit in, I think, Final Wars, when Zilla turns up and the Japanese guys start laughing, 'hey, thats the thing those stupid Americans thought was Godzilla! Hahaha!' ... then the big guy just beat it in seconds.