UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

MisterPL: Artist at Large

Old-timers might recall these Batman concept images I shared back on the Art Asylum boards. I thought I'd put them up here for posterity.

MMBatman04.jpg

MMBatman03.jpg

MMBatman01.jpg

MMBatman02.jpg

There are countless variations on Batman's costumes and that's just a sampling of what I'd hoped for before the C3 line was announced. We got some wacky, in-house designed versions that were actually pretty cool but I prefer to harvest from the source material myself. DC Direct gave us a great Silver Age Batman but there are SO many more that I wish I could add to my collection. Hopefully someday.

Wow, those are excellent PL! During the last round of customs Luke graciously agreed to take on for me, I seriously considered a "Batman Through the Ages" set, which would have probably included customs similar to one or both of those bottom two you came up with there. Wave 7 DC Direct Bats has gotta be one of my top 2 or 3 official Minimates.

I have an affinity for the bottom two myself. Any of these would make fine anchors for a whole 8-figure series, in my opinion. But if it were up to me, a Through the Ages set would include variations like Gotham by Gaslight or Rainbow Batman, figures that probably wouldn't fit in with a wave of their own but still have a decent amount of demand or historical significance themselves. (Okay, maybe not Rainbow Batman.)