UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Wug@10mfH

Surprised there wasn't a thread about this already, unless I and the search function both missed it!

In short, it was fun. If you are expecting a movie about Honest Abe killing vamps, you got it! highfive2.gif

Here is my full review: http://www.10mfh.com/reviews/movie-review-abraham-lincoln-vampire-hunter/

To be fair, it's only produced by Burton, so it doesn't really have his style. But I still had a fun time with it, as an over the top action/horror movie that happens to also be about Abraham Lincoln.

I read the book and enjoyed it for what it was just good pulpy fun. I expect the movie to be the same. Not expecting it to win any oscars just being able to turn my brain off and take in the big bangs and stuff.

I cant wait for this movie anything by burton is full of win.

The 2001 reboot of “Planet of the Apes” proves this statement is untruthful.

I can’t get behind this movie. The book, sure that’s fine... the movie, eh, it just seems to take a fun idea too far, he doesn’t even LOOK like Lincoln for most of it (and yes, I know Lincoln didn’t get his trademark beard until late in life, but who the hell wants to see “a guy who don’t look like classic $5 Lincoln” fighting vampires? I can watch Blade and see that.) If anyone else is ‘all about’ this movie, I don’t care, don’t try and tell me I’m ‘wrong’ and why I should go see this movie, I don’t care if I turn my brain off it’ll be fun or whatever, it just doesn’t look like something I want to watch even if the concept is technically there.

I already watched Asylum’s “Abraham Lincoln Vs Zombies” so I’m good, it’s probably just as good as a movie (since I can’t imagine this will be good aside from the promise of a president killing the undead and ALvZ delivers on that) and it only cost $1.30 to watch and was about a better form of the undead.

I already watched Asylum’s “Abraham Lincoln Vs Zombies” so I’m good, it’s probably just as good as a movie (since I can’t imagine this will be good aside from the promise of a president killing the undead and ALvZ delivers on that) and it only cost $1.30 to watch and was about a better form of the undead.

And there I was the only fan of Asylum's B-Movie Mockbuster stuff around here.

Tim Burton is not a God in the slightest. His style is abysmal and quite frankly the last good movie he had was Corpse Bride, which i still didn't enjoy. He gave me Nicholson's Joker so i can forgive slightly, but a God he isn't.

That said, this movie looks like so much fan. I'm a fan of fictional histories and a Holy Water Axe tearing down vampires is good enough for me. Creative premise, great trailers, i'll be seeing it.

I'm more excited for this and TDKR.... :unsure:

The 2001 reboot of “Planet of the Apes” proves this statement is untruthful.

I can’t get behind this movie. The book, sure that’s fine... the movie, eh, it just seems to take a fun idea too far, he doesn’t even LOOK like Lincoln for most of it (and yes, I know Lincoln didn’t get his trademark beard until late in life, but who the hell wants to see “a guy who don’t look like classic $5 Lincoln” fighting vampires? I can watch Blade and see that.) If anyone else is ‘all about’ this movie, I don’t care, don’t try and tell me I’m ‘wrong’ and why I should go see this movie, I don’t care if I turn my brain off it’ll be fun or whatever, it just doesn’t look like something I want to watch even if the concept is technically there.

Planet of the apes was not one of my fav movies by far but still it had it's moments that made it where I still watch it randomly. But each to their own taste ;)

I am/was a big fan of his late 80s to late 90s stuff and some of his newer movies - I think Planet of the Apes was his first really bad one. I really, really liked his style and the obscure characters. But other than Tarantino who is another director with his very own style-is-bigger-than-plots-movies, Burton didn't really evolve (see this hilarious parody as proof. :tongue: ).

But Abe Lincoln: V.H. is something I'm really looking forward to and I don't expect much more than what the title says.

Oh, and I made this guy two years ago:

Lincoln-Vampire-Hunter-4.jpg

_____

Edit: forgot to inlcude the link! :confused:

Edited by Bob Harris

Just saw this today, and now all I want is a Bob Harris custom Minimate Lincoln with a silver-tipped axe. Also,

vampire overlord Rufus Sewell. Also, an army of Confederate vampire soldiers.

Had low, low expectations, despite enjoying Bekmambetov's work, for the most part. So it didn't have to do too much to surpass them. Compared to recent vampire flicks, it was just as good as Priest and almost as good as Daybreakers, even in 2D. Anyone see that movie about invisible aliens eating energy in Moscow? I think Bekmambetov produced it -- that one's pretty good, too.

Not a lot of time for characterization, but it takes its time at the end after rushing through the beginning. Alan Tudyk's role is far too small, but oh well.

Crazy, hard to follow fight sequences on a train and a horse stampede.

Anyone see The Raven? That's next on my list. I want a Poe Minimate.

I am/was a big fan of his late 80s to late 90s stuff and some of his newer movies - I think Planet of the Apes was his first really bad one. I really, really liked his style and the obscure characters. But other than Tarantino who is another director with his very own style-is-bigger-than-plots-movies, Burton didn't really evolve (see this hilarious parody as proof. :tongue: ).

But Abe Lincoln: V.H. is something I'm really looking forward to and I don't expect much more than what the title says.

Oh, and I made this guy two years ago:

Lincoln-Vampire-Hunter-4.jpg

^ Epic win

Just saw this today, and now all I want is a Bob Harris custom Minimate Lincoln with a silver-tipped axe. Also,

vampire overlord Rufus Sewell. Also, an army of Confederate vampire soldiers.

Had low, low expectations, despite enjoying Bekmambetov's work, for the most part. So it didn't have to do too much to surpass them. Compared to recent vampire flicks, it was just as good as Priest and almost as good as Daybreakers, even in 2D. Anyone see that movie about invisible aliens eating energy in Moscow? I think Bekmambetov produced it -- that one's pretty good, too.

Not a lot of time for characterization, but it takes its time at the end after rushing through the beginning. Alan Tudyk's role is far too small, but oh well.

Crazy, hard to follow fight sequences on a train and a horse stampede.

Anyone see The Raven? That's next on my list. I want a Poe Minimate.

I think the Film with the electric eating aliens is Darkest Hour. I enjoyed it even if it did go a bit hokey for me at the end.

Bob's custom is the reason I picked up the Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter book.

I'll check this out Wednesday. One of the local theaters prices all movies $5 on Wednesday, so my wife and I are taking turns each week so we don't have to get a babysitter. This week is my turn. :)

Zach, you guys should really look into a "Classic Authors" boxset. Poe, Shakespeare, Twain, Dickens! Too bad Borders went under, but maybe Barnes & Noble or Amazon would be interested. One of those things that sounds silly, but I bet people would buy it for the novelty and as gifts!

You could also release a Femme Fatales with Agatha Christie, Mary Shelley, Virginia Woolf, Sylvia Plath! :)

Edited by youbastards

I'll check this out Wednesday. One of the local theaters prices all movies $5 on Wednesday, so my wife and I are taking turns each week so we don't have to get a babysitter. This week is my turn. :)

Zach, you guys should really look into a "Classic Authors" boxset. Poe, Shakespeare, Twain, Dickens! Too bad Borders went under, but maybe Barnes & Noble or Amazon would be interested. One of those things that sounds silly, but I bet people would buy it for the novelty and as gifts!

You could also release a Femme Fatales with Agatha Christie, Mary Shelley, Virginia Woolf, Sylvia Plath! :)

I've seen Shakespeare action figures sell. Why not a minimate? I'd buy it just to start a collection of that which I know I shall never have: Marvel 1602 minimates. :'(

An authors set is something I'd love to do. (Oscar Wilde! Isaac Asimov!) Especially Poe, since DST is based in Baltimore. Also, an artists set -- Van Gogh, Picasso, Dali, etc. You know, to stand next to Luke's Artmates. :biggrin: