UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

2012 - SDCC

Can anyone tell me when tickets go on sale to the public? I know that last years attendees got to buy tickets at the con, but i'm having trouble finding out how to get tickets to this years con :confused:

Can anyone tell me when tickets go on sale to the public? I know that last years attendees got to buy tickets at the con, but i'm having trouble finding out how to get tickets to this years con :confused:

sadly if you have not gotten tickets by now, i doubt any more will be made available, this year they were very sneaky about ticket sales, you had to create a member ID, then you would receive an email about how to get your tickets, only 60,000 tickets were sold so even the people who made member ID's werent guaranteed a ticket, the lucky ones (like me and spider) had to wait in an online waiting room to buy whatever tickets were available by the time we got to the front of the line

it was an exhausting procedure that i hope is avoidable next year

I just received the same info from my travel partner.

I signed up for the badge and eagerly awaited the email, but no email ever came :(

I am really genuinely sad, as i had saved enough money and even booked flights in hopes of attending this year. very disappointing :down:

I just received the same info from my travel partner.

I signed up for the badge and eagerly awaited the email, but no email ever came :(

I am really genuinely sad, as i had saved enough money and even booked flights in hopes of attending this year. very disappointing :down:

i feel ya, my email never showed up till the day of, i was lucky a friend reminded me

The process was painless to get tickets. The only flaw they had was that the email link didn't work. So if we hadn't tried the website relatively quick we would have missed out on tickets too. But once you got into the system, it was painfree and easy. I think the only thing they should do is drop the ability to buy 6 tickets per transaction. I think that 4 is a lot more fair. We missed out getting 4 day passes by about 1000 people. Kind of annoying, but what can ya do.

• 3 weeks later...