UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Daredevil wave?

Valo487

Since DST likes to do theme waves, I started thinking about what a Daredevil wave could look like. I know we're not likely to get one considering Thor and Captain America didn't merit their own comic waves this year, but I think Daredevil has some really unique and visually interesting villains that would look great as 'mates.

Daredevil (updated yellow costume)

The Owl

Mister Fear

Typhoid Mary

Purple Man

Cobra

Would you guys buy a wave like this? What would you change? Zach Oat, can we influence you perhaps?

I forgot Nuke. Nuke goes on the list.

I don't really see it happening when we're getting both red DD and Kingpin in other waves this year, plus we had a Daredevil wave with Shadowland not that long ago. But on the other hand it is probably Marvel's best reviewed book at the moment. It'd definitely be cool to see a yellow DD, Purple Man and Foggy show up somewhere.

Yeah, with the Shadowland wave and the upcoming DD and Kingpin, it doesn't seem too likely. Chaste Ninjas would be an excellent and appropriate straight repaint of the Hand Ninja. I'd love to see Gladiator at some point, and while we're at it, may as well mention Matador and Leap Frog to finish off the Emissaries of Evil! So I'd go for:

Yellow DD/Gladiator

Typhoid Mary/ Bushwacker

Chaste Ninja/ Matador (variant Leap Frog)

I wouldn't call Shadowland really a DD wave, if anything it was a compilation wave that just happened to fit with a current storyline. They redid Daredevil, Elektra, Iron Fist and Spider-Man in the wave. The army builder fits DD, but that doesn't mean much since they frequently throw the army builder in at random, I would consider a true DD wave one that is based solely around DD's characters, not yet another marvel event.

I also would LOVE an Owl 'mate, I need to add him to my top 10.

Regarding OP:

That's way too many unproduced 1-shot villains, and way not enough big name heroes to ever be a real wave.

Usually if we're gonna get a new supervillain... he's likely the only new supervillain in that wave. And he's also often the variant of himself.

I'd say like... get rid of all those villains except one, and add in more Daredevil and Elektra variants. And probably a Spider-Man variant marginally related to Daredevil. And an Army Builder. Then it might be a real wave.

Daredevil/Elektra

More Different Daredevil/Spider-Man

Villain/Army Builder

Villain Variant/Army Builder

There's a realistic Daredevil wave.

Maybe swap Elektra or More Different Daredevil for a Bullseye or Kingpin update. :P

Real waves are usually 1 or 2 new characters, a new army builder, and a bunch of retreads of popular characters that were already produced as far back as the first 6 waves of minimates. If you're hoping for a whole mess of new characters all at once... con exclusive boxed sets or TRU waves are usually more suited to that.

Edited by Gillbob316

Oh I agree Gilbob, I have no delusions that if such a wave was made it would be even remotely like the one I suggested, but I was trying to point out he has enough cool and unique characters to fill more than a wave.

I will say though that I'd rather not even get one if it was like the formula you suggested. We've had way too many waves like that in recent months for my taste.

I'd definately go for a wave that introduces more comic book heroes and villains to the marvel list of mates. Just as long as they are comic book based and not movie. Don't get me wrong i don't mind watching the movies but they aren't my priority.

Ho-lee... Valo just promoted a redone character. Now if TM2 is up for an old chase being reissued, and BHM has no complaints about the modern state of details, there might be something to this whole Myan end of the world thing.

And I'm down for any wave that's heavy on hench-villians. Cobra, Hyde, Gladiator, Typhoid Mary, Owl, even Leap Frog... be happy with all of them. (but then I'd be all over a Big Man and the original Enforcers boxed set, or a Circus of Crime set, I'm probably not the most descriminatling consumer of 616 Marvel)

Whoa. Whoa. WHOA!

We've been begging for one purple man to be made for years now, and before we get him, we're already asking for *another* purple man? :tongue:

More Daredevil supporting characters & villains would be cool, but personally I'd prefer a mixed wave with other FF/Inhumans/Avengers.

I promote the Purple Men's cause.

And The Power Man Luke Cage is nice but he doesn't wear it anymore, and the New Avengers Luke Cage looks like a random civilian character. We need one that looks like the Marvel Universe one I think, bald head black shirt blue jeans. He'd look good in a pack with Purple Man....

Ho-lee... Valo just promoted a redone character. Now if TM2 is up for an old chase being reissued, and BHM has no complaints about the modern state of details, there might be something to this whole Myan end of the world thing.

Don't forget the final omen Miry, where you and Mystery Man renounce Kang ;)

I promote the Purple Men's cause.

And The Power Man Luke Cage is nice but he doesn't wear it anymore, and the New Avengers Luke Cage looks like a random civilian character. We need one that looks like the Marvel Universe one I think, bald head black shirt blue jeans. He'd look good in a pack with Purple Man....

Or better still, what about Luke in his Thunderbolts outfit. Yellow shirt, huge gauntlets, no tiara, and he doesn't look like some random black dude. everybody wins!

Never! Never shall I renounce Kang! He's my favorite Avengers villain!

Were we to have a Daredevil wave, I'd hope it'd be:

Luke Cage Power Man re-do/Purple Man

Mr. Hyde/Cobra

Gladiator/The Owl

Shadowlands wasn't an awful wave TM2, but my point is that aside from the two White Tigers nothing about that wave makes it a DD wave. DD himself, Spider-Man, Elektra, Iron Fist and the Hand could all be in a wave that was just a menagerie wave and no one would call it a DD wave. I know we're not likely to get one, but if they're going to make a DD wave I'd much prefer a true DD wave.

Never! Never shall I renounce Kang! He's my favorite Avengers villain!

I say thee Nay! And again I say thee Never!

But should some mental malady befall the two of us, Fear Not! Verily our brother-in-arms moc twill soldier on and continue the fight! And lo, hellpop will join him! And even now do we bend Urban to our cause!

Verily the only way to stop this assualt is for DST to go forth and make Kang!

(pretty sure Webhead is fighting back an anurism right about now)