UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Avengers Alliance

Squall

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just started playing this last night, was hoping to avoid it, but I'm sucked in now.

MsMarvel is my go to gal.

anyone know when the gift limit expires? daily. I found the faq!

Edited by MsMarvel fan

So, did anyone else get the new costumes or weapons? I luckily just caved and got the Cap movie costume just minutes a before the Avengers Cap was offered. dry.gif

I like the new Avengers abilities, but it's just making them too powerful in PvP. And PvP is to the place where I win every match I initiate, yet lose several if I'm not involved. Last night, my rating was 1325 then was 1257 when I got up. I won a couple battles and then logged in tonight and it was 1070. I' don't care that much, but it's a very screwed up system.

I've been playing on-and-off today while at work and am level 4.

I wish I had all the swag you guys do. I want other characters and it seems like forever 'til I can recruit Cap!

What's PvP?

I really want that classic Iron Man armor...

Edited by Mystery Man

I bought a BW costume, and leveled ironman to 6, and on next log on, all progress reset, but my various shield coins didn't.

I'm going to walk away from the game for a few days.

It keeps doing this to me as well. The game resets after finishing a battle. My progress within the game gets reverted back a battle or two but my energy points don't reappear. It's pretty freaking annoying.

What's PvP?

Player vs Player

it's not technically Player vs Player though; you just get to fight another player's characters.

Thanks!

Another question... how do you get those Avengers "Command Points" that you have to use to buy new characters? No matter how many missions I go on or what I do I don't seem to be moving from the big "11" of 'em I have right now. I like this game but am not planning on investing money to buy Gold in it. If that's what it's going to take, I doubt I'll keep playing it.

Edited by Mystery Man

The command points are items that fall from opponents like the other items. The odds of them falling out based on the difficulty level of the mission you're completing (bosses have a much higher drop percentage than the easy missions). Also, when you complete the main boss of a stage, you get the random item board that has 3 of the 9 squares with command points (you get either 1, 3 or 5 or potentially 10 if it's an epic boss). And when you get all 5 stars from a mission you get rewarded with 5 stars. it takes a little while to get started, but once you begin to level up and go back and do missions that are below your level it begins to snowball a bit.

Okay thanks!

I just signed up for a free Netflix trial to get 80 gold to convert to those Command Points. So far, though, it hasn't shown up. Has anybody else had to do this that can tell me what I should expect?

Arg. Looks like I've gotta wait 3 days to let them know I'm not cancelling.

Edited by Mystery Man

Okay thanks!

I just signed up for a free Netflix trial to get 80 gold to convert to those Command Points. So far, though, it hasn't shown up. Has anybody else had to do this that can tell me what I should expect?

Arg. Looks like I've gotta wait 3 days to let them know I'm not cancelling.

Let me know how this works out . . . cause i could definitely use and extra 80 in gold.

I signed up for a 'complete this survey for free gold' promo, but it required me to complete multiple surveys to earn points, once i had gotten to something like 100,000 points - then i could cash them in for gold . . . <_<

I got the 80 gold and used it to change to points and then proceeded to purchase the entire Fantastic Four and Dr. Strange!

As much as I want Cap, Spidey, etc. those 90 point guys'll have to wait if I can get 4 or 5 for the price of 1 of 'em.

As for the gold, I cancelled the Netflix membership... but I'll have to wait and see if they try to charge me or not, as the date that my membership will be cancelled is on the same day that I will be billed for my first month.

... so yeah, I think it's a scam and they got me for $8.00. Bah.

I know he's expensive, but when Cap levels up to level 9 he's easily the most powerful character in the game. His fourth move blocks moves against any of your characters, evades most of those attacks and then counters the attacker. He's way overpowered, so i expect him to get nerfed soon.

I wouln't be surprised if they went that route, but more expect them to go with more of the GSXM era. I'm just hoping the Fantastic Four get new costumes soon as the ones they're in look very dated. The Future Foundation ones would like nice.

Edited by groundhog7s

Got this tip from a random person.

Farm 1 Command Point and high EXP points in 1 battle:

Complete all the stars in chapter 2 and play the Bullseye mission (chapter 2.3). Play all the missions including Hero Deploys (Black Cat needed), Low-level villains, bosses and wait for the Epic Battle vs Elektra to appear.

Hit Elektra until she drops 1 Command Point, then intentionally lose the game. You still get high EXP points even if you lose. Repeat.

I get 65 EXP per round with Elektra, My current level is 132. Not sure if the 65 is a fixed amount or will the experience given depends on your current level.

I wouln't be surprised if they went that route, but more expect them to go with more of the GSXM era. I'm just hoping the Fantastic Four get new costumes soon as the ones they're in look very dated. The Future Foundation ones would like nice.

Which is funny, since the dated looks are the ones I prefer! :D Then again, I also dislike that they call the costume you see Thor in as "classic". Arg.

Does anybody want to be friends on Facebook so we can share items and stuff? If so, here's a link to my profile page:

http://www.facebook.com/Gigantus/

Also, what's the story with PvP? I fight people, but even though it shows my Offense and Defense have higher numbers they sometimes kick the crap outta me and my methods stay pretty consistent.

Edited by Mystery Man

I hope visiting other peoples maps now yields Unstable Iso-8 rather than the PVP Challenge points or the tiny amounts of silver. Those things are going to be a b!tch to collect, otherwise.