UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Greatest 'Mates

DSTZach

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my personal faves are my DC Sgt Rock, i love his look and his little Tommy Gun (The Blackhawk that he came packaged with isn't too bad either.) I also really dig Stiltman and his add on legs..

For me, surprise, cylons in all their shapes and sizes. My favorites are the Razor style ones though the classic was my first minimate ever.

Every time Iron Monger catches my attention I just want to pick him up and play with him. He and the Mark I Iron Man that you can de-armour into Tony Stark are among my favorite mates.

I'd like to add my opinion on the greatest bare-bones minimate.. no mask, hair, cape or additional pieces goes to the first Black Spiderman costume. That was my first hard to find mini when I started collecting and I loved the simple design.

I'll have to say Battlestar Galaticas Starbuck and Anders mates from the TrU sets. Just because I couldn't wait to complete the BSG collection of mates, then they were cancelled and then brought back by TrU. Not to mention the great quality of the mates that came with these 2 waves at TrU. All were great figures, IMO.

Then followed closely would be Gambit--another figure I waited for a long time to be made, and I was not disappointed when he finally was! :thumbsup:

Edited by mav-man

There have been exceptional mates since wave1 (Daredevil). However a new and even better version of DD is coming soon, so to play this game I'll list the mates I don't think could ever be improved.

Villains pack Green Goblin (newest one is good for the glider but you can't beat this guys face)

Dr. Strange

Wave 28 Wolverine, Gambit, Sabretooth, Psylocke

90s Storm, Cyclops, Beast, Rogue

Retro X-Force Cable

Sentinel (could only be improved by making a 3" version)

Classic Heroic Cap, Spider-man, Thor, Iron Man

TRU Human Torch

And the new Nightcrawler

I only really collect Marvel so I won't comment on the other licenses (but Picard, DCD Batman and Wonder Woman are awesome and I'm super excited about that new Akuma)

Edited by nate_studio