UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Thievery!

hellpop

Some of you may know this, but I'll admit to having stolen mates before. When I used to work at TRU, and they'd be either damaged or partially shoplifted (The 10 pack was a favorite) I'd take what was left out of the damaged bin. They probably would have shipped it back to the company where it would be thrown out, but stealing is still stealing.

Guess what? I've got an update....

Stopped in my local store again today; I've had some TRU Rewards to spend, and I've been hoping they'd get the new Marvel wave in, but no luck. So, okay, I'll get some Rescue Heroes. Anyway, I'm poking around the collector's aisle, as one does, and I look behind a few of the big shelf items to see if anyone's hidden anything there... and, as it turns out, our friend the Minimate thief has left behind 6-8 empty packages (plus one Super Hero Squad :confused:). Cap, Pirates, Monsters... who knows what else. This time I decided to let the store know. Hey, I don't want them thinking it's me, I'm in there all the time!

On the off chance the guy who's ripping off the Whitehall (Allentown) PA TRU is a MMVM member (not likely) or lurker (more likely): you suck. Congratulations, you've saved eight bucks. Eight bucks! Let's hope you haven't f****d things up for all of us, and that store doesn't just decide that Minimates aren't worth the trouble and stops carrying them. If I ever see you during one of my visits, rest assured I'll be turning you in.

Oh, by the way, TM2: they almost certainly throw them away when they return them, so I'd say you didn't steal them as much as save them. You should allow your conscience to be clean. :thumbsup:

I saw TWO Phantomex’s missing their coats today... they’ve probably been like that for awhile (I’ve seen the two sitting in the minimate aisle, while the rest of wave 11 is in the Back-to-School section with all the other Marvel toys) but I just noticed today...

I found two MORE coatless Phantomex’s today.... really a-hole?!

I can’t wait to see your sh*tty paint job Hush, Classic Phantomex, Jim Gordon, movie Nick Furry because your were too cheap to buy the Ultimates 2-pack... I hope you’re happy enough with your crap work to know as long as those sit in the system TRU won’t restock newer waves since they all use the same UPC, so I hope your high-gloss-low-quality Neo custom was worth never seeing Secret Wars Cap or that New Ultimate Spider-man at TRU.

I saw a Real Ghostbusters swap the other day at TRU.

The package was for Sam Haim/Egyptian Ghost. The Ghost was untouched, but the other side was missing Sam and instead had GB suit Janine in his place. The swapper also carefully pasted the Janine name card over Sam's. Pretty sneaky...and lame!

Of all the things to take... why W:O Deadpool? You'd think they'd have gone for something... less lame.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a BW Drac stolen last night. But Frankenstein was left inside. The curious thing was the package was ripped open and then taped back up. Like an employee saw it, got some packaging tape to tape it together, and then put it on the shelf. Unless the thief kindly packaged it up in case someone wanted to buy Frankenstein. Weird. But I guess this matches the MAX series that are stapled or taped shut due to the window falling off. Can't tell if people are discouraged by the tape/staples or just don't care about MAX minimates.

• 2 months later...

Okay, so I think I've got gremlins. My W:O Deadpool just appeared out of the blue, but now I am missing my Classic White Tiger and an entire Multiple Man (spare arms and all) I remember opening them both, and having them stored in their cases. I can't find them ANYWHERE. I know they didn't just get up and walk away.

...did they?