UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Curse of the Mutants

Nessex

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, at least this Astonishing Wolvie comes with a mask. I'd prefer the right one of course, but I think he still looks good. My Blade has full ears and no sticky swords, but yeah the hole in the head's annoying, will have to dig out Luke's head sticker sheet and see if any fit.

Still think it was a blah storyline, but fun mates once they're in hand.

QA seems to be all over on this set. Only my Jubilee minimate had the crotch/leg problem Mini-Myte described.

I agree with all the other points that have been raised.

I'd give this set a B-.

Poor quality and bad choices for Wolverine mask/Blade's head take it down a notch. However, Blade is still 10x better than the original, Drac is nice and Wolverine can be fixed with a head/mask switch.

I know DST said the quality issues were solved but the RGB waves were sloppy and so is this set. I think they still have work to do.

Wrong mask on Wolverine? how so folks? Is it not the one he'd been shown with, the wave 28 and first X-Force version?

Personally, I think that's easily the best Wolvie mask they've made. If its not that one, is it a new sculpt?

So do Jubilee and Logan have alt. faces? (the mask is a lousy mold, but not a deal breaker yet)

Aaaaand another almost-perfect Wolverine, much like X-force 2.0, ends up failing hard. Ah well, we've still got Jim Lee and the upcoming MvC3, right?? :/

Pretty sure the MVC3 one has the same mask as this one :(

Yeah, the MVC3 Wolverine has been shown with the same mask. I'm hoping that it's a production issue and MVC3 will come with the mask this Wolverine was shown with, but I don't think it's likely. At least this one can be mostly saved with the pulled-down mask and a head swap.

So... that leaves Dracula, who looks really cool and all but nothing like what I picture as Dracula, and Blade as the main draws of interest... yeah this set remains decidedly in the undecided catagory.

That looks pretty good, fwooshey. I saw this set at my LCBS this week. I thought Jubilee looked great, but the hole in Blade's head REALLY bothered me. This one even had a caucasian color to the inside of the hole. :lol:

Wolvie looks good, and Dracula is OK, but in the end I had to pass on this set.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else going to use this "CoTM" Blade as their Movie version of Blade? I know he is comic accurate based on the "Curse of the Mutants" story, but the current stories base their Blade design on the movie design (are they lightboxing Wesley Spipes?!?!). This Minimate looks like the body of Blade from the original "Blade" movie, and the head of Blade from "Blade: Trinity".

Since the designs mirror each other since the first movie, there's not that much point in differentiating between them. Now if we could get a good pre-movie/Morbius bite Blade...

Since the designs mirror each other since the first movie, there's not that much point in differentiating between them. Now if we could get a good pre-movie/Morbius bite Blade...

with a Morbius figure!!!

I hope you guys mean 70's all the way versions!

Blade with wonky glasses, jive talk and wooden knives!

Morbius with black super-vilainey collared awesomeness and wings under his arms!

I bought this set just for the Blade figure. I'm not impressed with the other 3. Jubilee is bland. Wolverine's mask doesn't fit on his head. Dracula's feet pieces are constantly falling off.

Also, why are they now using heads with holes for bald characters (Blade, Professor X, etc.)?